• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

New Zealand PM to Trump: no one marched when I was elected

Nothing wrong with it at all. But you called it a democratic system and it clearly is not.

If the democrats won, would you call it democratic? True there are considerations for change, including proportional representation, removing the electoral college and ensuring one person one vote.

It depends if they won via popular vote (democratic) or by electoral college (tyranny of the minority).

Remove the college then.

If the democrats won, would you call it democratic? True there are considerations for change, including proportional representation, removing the electoral college and ensuring one person one vote.

It depends if they won via popular vote (democratic) or by electoral college (tyranny of the minority).

Remove the college then.

Bullshit. Stop referring to the US electoral system as democratic.

Nothing wrong with it at all. But you called it a democratic system and it clearly is not.

It depends if they won via popular vote (democratic tyranny of the 51%) or by electoral college (tyranny of the minority).
FIFY

Would it be rude to point out that nobody marched against Arden because she is not worth the exertion?

Plus how do you get sheep to march in a straight line?

Would it be rude to point out that nobody marched against Arden because she is not worth the exertion?

Plus how do you get sheep to march in a straight line?

Same way you get them to face away from you, I would imagine. and no, it wouldn't be rude.. it would just be ignorant.

Remove the college then.

Bullshit. Stop referring to the US electoral system as democratic.

If I recall correctly the experts predicted the electoral college odds were stacked against Trump.

You remember exactly how Trump wants you to remember... HE said that. No one else. But he said it to his fanatics in such a way, repeatedly, to program you to remember that "the experts say".. "people tell me all the time"... and other lies.
Don't be a tool.
Factually, the electoral college favors Republicans due to the rampant gerrymandering in Republican held states. It is so bad that legislation will appear next Democratic opportunity to fix it. Computer programs can be used to fairly distribute districts by population... totally fair. Only the Republicans are opposed to adopting a system that cannot be exploited to individual advantage.

Back
Top Bottom