• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL 2023/2024

There should be another head coaching job available any minute, after Green Bay eviscerated the Cowboys in Dallas. The ‘boys had won 16 straight at home, but looked like a bad college team. I’m surprised Jerry Jones didn’t have an aneurysm. What a great beatdown.

WTF? My guide said the Lions/Rams game started at 9. I switched at 9 and they're in the second quarter.

Browns lost and lost big. Anything seemed possible this year for them in the playoffs based on just how far they managed to get despite a significant IR list.

Blastula's Bills were my Cowboys. I really don't trust any team in the NFC. And is there any more pure feeling of joy than the Cowboys losing? Lions won a playoff game, so we are what... three wins away from Armageddon? Didn't happen with the Sox or Cubs, but maybe with the Lions.
WTF? My guide said the Lions/Rams game started at 9. I switched at 9 and they're in the second quarter.
Interesting. I saw that with my Sat provider as well.

My thoughts and prayers to those in Detroit who are likely suffering from confusion and disorientation with the Lions winning a playoff game (and still have Home Field advantage!). Take it slowly today Detroit.

Jordan Love shows signs that he could develop into a really good QB. He has been a little bit inconsistent this season, blowing hot and cold but his performance yesterday was flawless. The 48-32 score line flatters to deceive just how bad the Cowboys were. Prescott started to hit his stride but it was too little too late.

The Rams, yet again McVey fucks up the time outs allowing the Lions to see out a one point advantage.

Bills finally put a stake in the Steelers’ heart. Buffalo took a big lead, then let Pittsburgh get close even without the obligatory Josh Allen boneheaded turnover.

Bills were a bit depleted before this game, and lost a few more guys. Not sure they can take out KC, but this will be Mahomes’ first road playoff game ever.

Texans-Ravens should be interesting. Can the Ravens D confuse Stroud? How will the Ravens play after having the bye? They’ve changed their entire routine from what they did in 2019 when they had the bye and went one and done.

Meanwhile, the Eagles appear to be completing their death spiral. It’s been fun not having to listen to Eagles fans trash talk.

So was there a league wide cheat code against the Eagles that was discovered?

Baker Mayfield advances to second round of playoffs... again. He has only beat teams from PA in the playoffs.

Detroit or Tampa are going to be in NFC championship.

Eagles TD, down by seven, decide to go for two?!
The penalty allowed them to try from the 1 yard line. They had been automatic all season when needing a yard. Until they weren’t; lucky for the Bucs that the refs missed the obvious penalty with Hurts being dragged by the helmet.

3rd and 9, should have treated it like four down territory. I would not have been happy tying the game with 2 minutes left on the clock. Nothing short of a TD works there, unless fourth and goal at the 25.

What was widely expected to happen, happened. Top seeds are in, although Green Bay gave the game away with dropped interceptions and a terrible decision with plenty of time left on the clock. #3 seed Lions are also in (no one was expecting the Cowboys, right?), as well as #3 seed Chiefs, over the banged-up Bills. The only surprise was that Josh Allen didn’t give the game away; he let the kicker do it.

Jim Harbaugh wins the Herbert lottery. That should be a coup for them but since it's the Chargers it'll be the wrong choice somehow.

I want Lamar Jackson to get his Super Bowl moment, but Taylor Swift pissing off woke America by daring to to exist at a football game would is so enticing.

I want Lamar Jackson to get his Super Bowl moment, but Taylor Swift pissing off woke America by daring to to exist at a football game would is so enticing.
Isn’t she pissing off the unwoke?

Anyway, she’s in Tokyo the day before the Super Bowl, and then goes to Australia, so an appearance would be unlikely, but not impossible.

I consider them quite woke. Very woke. The wokest woke of the wokes. Obsessedly woke. Sure, they like to rail on "the woke", but people losing their minds over Taylor Swift are the wokiest of the woke.
Anyway, she’s in Tokyo the day before the Super Bowl, and then goes to Australia, so an appearance would be unlikely, but not impossible.
You are just saying that because you want the Ravens to win. ;)

I consider them quite woke. Very woke. The wokest woke of the wokes. Obsessedly woke. Sure, they like to rail on "the woke", but people losing their minds over Taylor Swift are the wokiest of the woke.
You are just saying that because you want the Ravens to win. ;)
This is how much I want the Ravens to win:

Back
Top Bottom