• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL

9 for 21 in passing. 9 completions among two QBs? That is awful! That just feels like they are lacking in a QB <em>and</em> Receivers. <br><br> I have to strain to think back when the Patriots didn't have at least a very good Quarterback... we are talking almost 30 years ago! Bledsoe came by being awful. Brady came from great scouting. Back to back Team HoF QBs isn't very common. Montana/Young, Favre/Rodgers, I'm sure there are a couple others that aren't springing to mind. <br>
<br>
The Pats need to really work on just about everything. The dynasty appears to be finally over.

The Jets and Rams continue to go in opposite directions. Rams didn't even manage a td today. Here's Goff's dumbass heave of the week, though there were many contenders.

[TWEET][FONT=&]https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1343325606679756800?s=20[/FONT][/TWEET]

Fun fact: Goff has the most turnovers of any qb since 2019. :thumbsup:

Agreed. He should have run the ball there, he would likely have gotten at least a few yards instead of turning the ball over. He looked like Jared Soft on the play where he scrambled forward on 3rd down, but slid to avoid contact about a yard short of the 1st down. There he should have put his shoulder down & tried to get the first down.

Ugh, that slide, brings back memories of the Jim Everett "phantom sack" but worse.

Won't have Goff to pick on next game, out with a broken thumb. Cooper Kupp out too. Will now need help to make playoffs if don't win.

wow. used to think all roads went thur KC...but now there are a lot of monsters hiding under the bed. The Bills look scary, the Ravens, even the Steelers (depending which Ben shows up) The Browns will be back to full strenght..but there is a very good team that won't make it....Indy maybe? Should be a great playoff.

So the Browns screwed up in reverse, slipping past the Steelers' "B" team to make the playoffs for the first time in 17 years. For one brief and shining moment, "Browns gonna Brown" wasn't a thing, even though they tried so hard to make it one. As a reward, they get to go to Pittsburgh next week and play the Steelers' "A" team, which hasn't been all that great for at least a month.

Ravens go to Tennessee to try to exorcise last year's demon. Unfortunately for them, the demon (Derrick Henry) is still making mortals crap themselves. Fortunately for the Ravens, their run game is even more multi-dimensional than last year's; they missed the all-time single-game rushing record yesterday by only 19 yards, while playing their backups for most of the 4th quarter.

Buffalo may be the best team in the AFC right now.

Saints don't even need running backs to win big.

The Washington Football Team adopted tactics common to D.C., apparently sending a lobbyist to "influence" the Eagles head coach to play his 3rd-string quarterback in the 4th quarter instead of actually trying to win the game, allowing the WFTs to slip ahead of the Giants, who are upset that their 6-10 record didn't qualify them for a playoff spot.

Aaron Rodgers. 'nuff said.

If Tom Brady makes it to the Super Bowl, I may give up watching sports.

Man, it is a smorgasbord for the playoffs. The idea of the Giants making the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl with a 10-10 record was definitely worth cheering for. But Philly benched their backup QB... because... well... the backup QB had thrown for less than 80 yards, had 7 completions and 34 yards on the ground. I'm thinking maybe that wasn't that big of a deal to bench the backup QB. Sadly without the 10-10 Super Bowl champion option:

• Local team are the Browns. Mayfield isn't a Super Bowl QB, so getting to the playoffs is going to have to do.
  • Feel good about the Bills finally getting a championship
  • Brady...? Why not. A deep run at least to solidify his legitimacy outside of Belichick. It'd be his 10th Super Bowl appearance if he makes it. :eek:

Is anyone showing KC respect?

Man, it is a smorgasbord for the playoffs. The idea of the Giants making the playoffs and winning the Super Bowl with a 10-10 record was definitely worth cheering for. But Philly benched their backup QB... because... well... the backup QB had thrown for less than 80 yards, had 7 completions and 34 yards on the ground. I'm thinking maybe that wasn't that big of a deal to bench the backup QB. Sadly without the 10-10 Super Bowl champion option:

• Local team are the Browns. Mayfield isn't a Super Bowl QB, so getting to the playoffs is going to have to do.
  • Feel good about the Bills finally getting a championship
  • Brady...? Why not. A deep run at least to solidify his legitimacy outside of Belichick. It'd be his 10th Super Bowl appearance if he makes it. :eek:

Is anyone showing KC respect?

KC seems to have a "we can turn it on any time we want" attitude, which can work great, until it doesn't.

I think the Jets should be given a special wild card spot. I mean come on man, two wins! Have YOU ever won two times in the FREAKIN' NFL? Didn't think so. Didn't think so. /jets fan

I like it when a couple of fans get to the point where the rush is gone and they kind of don't know what they are doing.

Regardless, never have football crew or players do a job an NHL linesman should be doing. I remember seeing this live. Glen Wesley gets a high stick, bleeds... should be a penalty, but doesn't happen. There is a delay. Then a faceoff is about to happen, when a fan (who had a warrant(s) outstanding) decides to scale over the plexiglass onto the rink. He was knocked into next week (about 3:50).

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh9JFQgTVDk[/YOUTUBE]

Another COVID outbreak for the Browns, including the head coach, which will keep him out of the playoff game.

SB picks. My surest pick is that the AFC will win it all. It's much harder to decide between KC, Buf, Bal. It's tempting to go against KC since they have not been so dominating, but I'll pick them because I like the Mahomes-Kelce combo, believe they will make the plays they need. But it's close. Allen-Diggs is great too, and Bal has been hot and they have the best defense of them.

Going with GB out of NFC, not because I like them that much, but that everyone else has bigger problems.

I hate that I picked the favorites.

Got to hand it to Brady this year though, had an almost quiet 40 td season, but I am amused that he will be on the road against a 7-9 team. My Rams may win one game, they play Seattle well, but that's it. Goff has a broke thumb and I don't like him with a healthy one. I can tell you why if you ask nicely. Not confident in the backup neither, but I am hoping to be surprised. And maybe the defense can carry them. They did beat TB earlier, and maybe they can do it again. They are getting Whitworth back.... Yeah, they can do it, they can totally do it!

Washington’s very capable defensive line needs to make Brady as uncomfortable as possible as soon as possible.

Rams number one defense wins this game. Quite impressed...but they are really banged up. Buffalo hung on, but now every team left can run right at them. KC has to be favs, but there is that Steelers team that was unbeatable earlier...if they still exist. Might be a Packers year...but the game is played on the field.

Taylor Heinicke played well. I wonder if he'll get either a starting or backup job somewhere next season.

Taylor Heinicke played well. I wonder if he'll get either a starting or backup job somewhere next season.

Great mobility, good decision making, adequate arm strength. He’ll be in demand as a backup at least.

Ducking under the blitzer who jumped up to block a pass was an awesome play. First time I’ve ever seen that.

Predictions for today. Ravens, Saints, Steelers, but don't for the love of god put any money on these games because of my expertise.

Back
Top Bottom