• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL

Josh Allen gets sacked and picked off by … Josh Allen, as the Bills lose a field goal contest to the Jags?

Patriots are the best 2-4 team in the NFL.

Shares in this post are up 600%.

:D

Mac Jones to me has looked weaker in the last two games, both games the Patriots won. Running game is improving and the Pats defense has performed pretty well this year.

I think I feel comfortable saying the Patriots are a 50-50 team among teams that are 5-4. I’m not expecting any miracle.

What I will say is that this reminds me of 2001-02, a bit. Good defense with a viable but not perfect running game clicking seconds off the clock.

You’re never as good as you look when you’re winning or as bad as you look when you’re losing.
But I was still surprised to see Denver, a known hotbed of mediocrity, put a 30-0 hurtin’ on the vaunted 6-1 Dallas Cowpersons, before allowing a couple of late touchdowns to burn the last few minutes off the clock.
Their first win against a team with a winning record this season.

Cowboys - talented, but coach is an idiot
Browns - improved their team immensely by cutting Beckham
Rams - Stafford is, and always has been, a stat machine, but not a winner
Titans - do people not know they've got a solid team even without Henry?
Bengals - they apparently played their Super Bowl two weeks ago, and are on vacation
Bills - what the actual f***, Buffalo? LOL at Josh Allen sacking and intercepting Josh Allen
Ravens - 6-2; they'd be 2-6 without Jackson and Tucker; lost yet another starter for the season, had another shot in the leg at a party

Browns take on the Pats next week and while the Browns are a better team, I think the coaching will put New England to 6-4.

Could someone tell me why he is so upset?

Could be he's embarrassed he was caught lying about being vaccinated back in August.

He denies he lied though because he was on some homeopathic regime. See, he's a "critical thinker" who gets medical advice from the renown virologist Joe Rogan. He took ivermectin AND hydroxychloroquine.

Jeopardy sure can pick them.

But now we know why Rodgers can be such a flaky odd prima-donna. He's backup is very average. With Rodgers, Green Bowl are one of the very best teams in the NFL. Without him, they are very average. Or even below average.

Well, without Rodgers the Packers really struggled. Sadly, Love did not perform at the level needed against a sub par chiefs. Love threw a couple of decent passes but overall he just wasn't at the level needed to get the ball down the field. Packers touchdown came from a badly missed tackle but at least it was something. Hopefully Rodgers will be back for the game against Seattle.

You’re never as good as you look when you’re winning or as bad as you look when you’re losing.
But I was still surprised to see Denver, a known hotbed of mediocrity, put a 30-0 hurtin’ on the vaunted 6-1 Dallas Cowpersons, before allowing a couple of late touchdowns to burn the last few minutes off the clock.
Their first win against a team with a winning record this season.

Watched that game, at least most of it, because they cut out with six minutes left at 30-0 to switch to a "more competitive contest." I was later surprised to see the extra 16 points in the final score. Sure, the game wasn't in doubt, but I like to see the end of a game I start. I assume they didn't cut out in Dallas or Denver, but I thought the Cowboys were America's team. What a slap in the face to America, Fox. 😡

I was watching to see how Prescott would look, and he looked healthy enough, but he and his receivers were both off a lot. Everything that could go wrong went wrong, which appears to be the theme for other upset favorites yesterday, like the Bills and the Rams.

Rams - Stafford is, and always has been, a stat machine, but not a winner

I don't think that's fair to say yet. Believe me, I'm not sold on him so far, as my neighbors can attest, who hadn't heard so much loud cursing coming from my direction, in at least weeks since the MLB playoffs. But I'll give him the season at least. Winner Mahomes has also had some stinkers this year. The loss wasn't quite Stafford's fault alone. He was sacked 5 times, while only 7 times previously. They also had 12 penalties and had been leading the league with the fewest.

Most mad that 2 of the other NFC leaders also had losses that Rams couldn't capitalize upon.

That AZ won easily with Murray out says a lot about the state of the conference.

Browns take on the Pats next week and while the Browns are a better team, I think the coaching will put New England to 6-4.

Not if NE ends up with OBJ. 🧠

OBJ will function properly with a QB Rehoboth can make the throws for the routes he’s asked to run. Baker wasn’t that guy.

I turned off the Monday night game early, only to wake up to learn of a narrow Steelers victory, plus more accusations of officiating incompetence or possible game-fixing than I have seen in decades. And not just from Bears fans; even Steeler fans are wondering WTF was going on.

The Steelers coach was tearing into the player post the taunting call, and there was a needless staring at the opposing sideline. Seem like a warning would have been better as it wasn’t egregious.

But the NFL has their weird random when it matters penalty system.

I turned off the Monday night game early, only to wake up to learn of a narrow Steelers victory, plus more accusations of officiating incompetence or possible game-fixing than I have seen in decades. And not just from Bears fans; even Steeler fans are wondering WTF was going on.
I was wondering when the anti-reality Trump sickness would spread to the refusal to accept results of sporting events. Looks like we’re almost there.

I did not have much interest in the Bears Steelers game but it turned out to be an entertaining game.

Good news for the Packers as Rodgers should be able to play in a crucial game against the Seahawks.

The loss wasn't quite Stafford's fault alone. He was sacked 5 times, while only 7 times previously.

I worry about Titans announcer Mike Keith's well being after having to make his patented SAAAAAK call that many times.

See first play in this video.

At least it was for a good cause.

The Steelers coach was tearing into the player post the taunting call, and there was a needless staring at the opposing sideline. Seem like a warning would have been better as it wasn’t egregious.

But the NFL has their weird random when it matters penalty system.

I loathe the taunting rule completely, it's useless busybody micromanagement.

They say that it's meant to lessen "ill will" between teams. They have it backwards, there isn't enough ill will around. What they should ban are the postgame interteam hugging and make out sessions, that shit kills me every time.

Taunting is poor sportsmanship. What is an isn't allowed could be a bit less restrained. Teabagging a QB you just sacked should probably not be allowed. But a long stare down from mid-field at the opposing sideline... probably can let that go. Like I said, the ref tells him, 'dude, not necessary, I'll flag ya next time'. But in the NFL, that flag might come out or might not... and with almost no respect for how it impacts the game.

In the NFL these days, like a catch... no one is really certain what certain acts are penalties, regarding hits on QBs, hits to the head, and taunting (which really does seem like a not as important thing).

I can't blame the refs on the taunting, because they told them to call it tighter this year. A few years ago, they did that with the roughing the passer calls too, decided to make it stricter, and they were calling it for breathing on a guy.* But that loosened up after awhile and, hopefully, that will be the case with this too.

*Although, have to say I have been noticing more ticky tack roughing calls this year than last.

Back
Top Bottom