• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL

Interesting developments. Aaron Rodgers signs a four year deal to stay at the Packers making him the highest paid player in the league. At his age and playoff record? Hmmm.

And Russell Wilson traded to the Broncos.

Interesting developments. Aaron Rodgers signs a four year deal to stay at the Packers making him the highest paid player in the league. At his age and playoff record? Hmmm.

Broncos gave up the ranch for Wilson. Ridiculous trade.

Rodgers judiciously chose to stay in the much easier division.

I don’t know the details of the trade but I rate Wilson and think he will get Denver into the playoffs at least.
They gave up a pair of first and second round picks for him. Brady got Tampa a Super Bowl without a single pick.
Seattle gave up two first round picks for a safety who can't cover a year ago!

I don’t know the details of the trade but I rate Wilson and think he will get Denver into the playoffs at least.
They gave up a pair of first and second round picks for him. Brady got Tampa a Super Bowl without a single pick.
So they're back to break-even. Makes you wonder how the same organization could make both trades.

So they're back to break-even. Makes you wonder how the same organization could make both trades.
It's contagious. In the EPL, Liverpool famously overspent for lots of semi-talent, and then other teams really over-spent for some of Liverpool's good talent, but not that good talent.

Well, well, well. Brady un-retired. I never saw that coming. Honestly, the NFL is a pantomime, WWF now.

Well, well, well. Brady un-retired. I never saw that coming. Honestly, the NFL is a pantomime, WWF now.
To be fair, at 43 it is likely easier to commit to another season after two to three months of rest.

The first round of the draft was moving along with surprising smoothness for about an hour, and then things got weird. Big name veterans traded, strange selections (looking at you, New England), massively talented players being passed over because they didn’t impress at the “underwear Olympics”, half the state of Georgia being picked. This is why more people watch the draft than the World Series.

Yeah, last time they did something like that they won the Super Bowl.
I like Wilson but I don’t like this trade. They might do well this year and next, but Wilson‘s style of play doesn’t lend to longevity and they’ll be a long time rebuilding.

Browns waive all draft picks as they forgot they have no cap space left for next few seasons. Will field first 9 player team next season.

Meanwhile, the Patriots’ first round pick got abused by a third round pick at the Senior Bowl:

I don’t know which of the two butt-kickings was worse. And why did they have a guard snapping the ball?

Well, this isn't a good start for Watson at Cleveland.
article said:
Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson admitted during a pretrial deposition last week that one of his disputed encounters with a massage therapist ended with the woman crying, followed by an apology sent to her by text message from Watson, according to the woman’s attorney.
Again, this all comes down to just how much sexual harassment should women just have to suck up... I didn't mean that literally. Obviously women shouldn't be forced to engage in oral sex, but erect penises will happen with guys that think they are gods.

Back
Top Bottom