• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Nike call center employee describes racist responses to Kaepernick ad

There is a seething and serious racism in the US that has been driven underground.

Millions and millions of white racists scattered all over the place. Not just in Alabama.

That is the root cause of all this nonsense about a man kneeling quietly during a stupid song that shouldn't even be played.

That is the unwavering base of the president.

I was reading that Nike sales were up after the Kapaernick ad.

That's true, but some people are waving it away on grounds that it "probably" is just future sales being made in advance and that we need to wait a long while yet to see if the ad had any impact.

Little boy 1: Why is that man over there kneeling?

Little boy 2: Because he wants to. We live in a place where people are free to do what they want to do. As long as they don't hurt somebody else.

Little boy 1: What a great place to live where you can freely kneel merely because you want to and nobody cares.

I blame MLK and his identity politics for this racism. If only those people understood the true place in the USA, none of this would be an issue. :rolleyes:

This story is one of my favorite of the year. It just reeks of pure Americana.

Nike sells shoes. They don't enforce policy regarding National Anthems or conduct of NFL players. They want views and name recognition. That's it really.

But oh how I adore my American fellows on this matter. It should be simple. Nike offers products for sale. I may need a product and choose to buy it or not. Who cares what people do in that regard. Not me.

Lest we lose another needless opportunity to fuel our outrage, on an issue that does not impact us in our daily lives one single iota, we must make this the Great Battle of Patriotism and Righteousness. We allow the President to use the issue as a means to pit ourselves against one another in The Great Battle. It is, of course, not a battle at all, a purely manufactured figment of nothingness. None of the people outraged about this have ever even attended a game Kaepernick was present at. It needn't impact their lives at all. Yet we choose to make it our daily bread.

Dearest America. Stop searching for the Holy War in imaginary nothings. If you want a pair of shoes, buy them. If you want to stand during the anthem, do so. But please find a freaking way to not ruin your lives over things that, in reality, are important only because you have convinced yourself they should be.

Postscript: the fact that the outrage machine has only served to push Nike sales is truly the epitome of Americana. Who cares what the real life consequences of my behavior shall be, my outrage shall not be denied. Such a fantastic metaphor for our society and politics. Well done, my countrymen. Well done.

I was reading that Nike sales were up after the Kapaernick ad.

That's true, but some people are waving it away on grounds that it "probably" is just future sales being made in advance and that we need to wait a long while yet to see if the ad had any impact.

"Some people"? Gee, I wonder who. :D

I was going to buy another pair of New Balance shoes, but now plan to buy Nikes. I might be the only one, but I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom