• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

No, Caffeine Doesn't Help You Lose Weight

Exercise alone may not result in much weight loss, but it helped me lose about 30 lbs, nearly 20 years ago, along with decreasing my caloric intake It's helped me maintain that weight loss all these years. Aerobic exercise supposedly increases metabolism for hours and it's never made me hungry or want to eat more. In fact, I'm usually not hungry at all for the first hour or two after finishing my exercises.

I have no idea if caffeine has ever helped anyone lose weight, but it does keep me alert in the late afternoon. Eating small frequent meals and snacks, along with lots of high fiber foods does help one lose or at least maintain weight, speaking primarily for myself. That is probably because not all of the calories in high fiber foods are absorbed, plus you will never be constipated if you eat high fiber foods, assuming you otherwise healthy.

And, after my husband retired, he started walking at least three miles a day. Without changing his diet, he has lost about 15 lbs. Just sayin'.

I drink on average about a gallon of coffee a day, with no exaggeration. If there were some weight loss effect, I would have ceased to exist, a long time ago.

A gallon of coffee or a "gallon" of "coffee"?

Let's see. It is now 10:10 am on my part of the planet and I've already consume a quart of coffee, so I'm on schedule.

There are only 16 cups (8oz) in a gallon, so it's really just an average, Some days could be higher.

I drink on average about a gallon of coffee a day, with no exaggeration. If there were some weight loss effect, I would have ceased to exist, a long time ago.

A gallon of coffee or a "gallon" of "coffee"?

Let's see. It is now 10:10 am on my part of the planet and I've already consume a quart of coffee, so I'm on schedule.

There are only 16 cups (8oz) in a gallon, so it's really just an average, Some days could be higher.

Erm, no. What you call a gallon is 4/5ths of an actual gallon. If you can't use metric like the rest of the world, can't you at least use gallons right?

Also, I suspect that what you call coffee is actually 4 parts water, 1 part coffee. There's a reason that kind of drink is called an "Americano" in the rest of the world.

Erm, no. What you call a gallon is 4/5ths of an actual gallon. If you can't use metric like the rest of the world, can't you at least use gallons right?

Also, I suspect that what you call coffee is actually 4 parts water, 1 part coffee. There's a reason that kind of drink is called an "Americano" in the rest of the world.

What are you on about? What is this this "4 parts water, 1part coffee" nonsense. Your suspicions are based on some grave error. You have no idea with whom you are dealing.

I buy my gasoline by the gallon and my coffee by the pound, which I brew to black and drink with no sugar. When I'm done, it's all coffee and you can't see a silver dollar in the bottom of the cup, which is known as "Coffee". You're welcome to drop by anytime for coffee. My treat, but bring your own silver dollar.

What are you on about? What is this this "4 parts water, 1part coffee" nonsense. Your suspicions are based on some grave error. You have no idea with whom you are dealing.

I buy my gasoline by the gallon and my coffee by the pound, which I brew to black and drink with no sugar. When I'm done, it's all coffee and you can't see a silver dollar in the bottom of the cup, which is known as "Coffee". You're welcome to drop by anytime for coffee. My treat, but bring your own silver dollar.

As for the coffee, I don't know. It's just a suspicion.

But you've confirmed yourself that you consider 128 fluid ounces a gallon. A real gallon is 160 fluid ounces.

Seriously though, "you can't see a silver dollar in the bottom of the cup" is supposed to be a hallmark of strong coffee? This might work as a hallmark for strong tea.

For strong coffee, the minimum requirement is more like "you can't see the bottom of the silver spoon while you bring it to your mouth to taste it".

But you've confirmed yourself that you consider 128 fluid ounces a gallon. A real gallon is 160 fluid ounces.

You lost the war. Our definition should trump yours.

We should switch to metric anyway. It makes much more sense than this hodgepodge of weird medieval units that don't work well together.

I would make one exception with beer. And there definitely the British pint rules.

You lost the war. Our definition should trump yours.

We should switch to metric anyway. It makes much more sense than this hodgepodge of weird medieval units that don't work well together.

I would make one exception with beer. And there definitely the British pint rules.

Yeah, we should go metric. It's just our gallon should trump theirs.

Back
Top Bottom