• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Now this is a classy ransom note (for a sculpture)

marc

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist, skeptic, nerd
A stone memorial: the Jefferson Davis Chair, has been stolen.

The culprits promise to return it unharmed if the United Daughters of the Confederacy put up an enclosed banner for 24 hours starting on Friday. The banner reads “The rulers of this country have always considered their property more important than our lives.”

If their demands are not met, they will turn the chair into a toilet.

I say have dinner at Taco Bell first, with lots of extra hot sauce.

The best part is the very classy ransom note
6A6AD2EA-33C8-4F64-8C2A-ADFEE1825AFF.jpeg

I hope they don’t get in trouble for the theft.
I think the conversaton is good for us all, though.

Clearly, these thiefs have done the city of Selma a huge favor. For putting up a banner, they get their dumbass sculpture returned and they now know how easy it is to steal that valuable memorial.

Dates back to 1893, so at least pre-Civil Rights movement. I'm not a fan of theft or property destruction. I'm also not a fan of monuments that pay tribute to people who committed treason against the Constitution. Also, uncertain how that PoS is worth $500k.

Best part of my morning so far.

The part I really, really like is: White lies matter. Needs to be a hashtag if it isn't already. I like it even better than Shit just got real.

Hey, Derec, where you at, plenty of property theft and damage to talk about here! Maybe you can be as angry about this as you were when people tore down a racist-ass target store that had automated racial profiling, ya?

Hey, Derec, where you at, plenty of property theft and damage to talk about here! Maybe you can be as angry about this as you were when people tore down a racist-ass target store that had automated racial profiling, ya?

Derec will body slam everyone on this thread celebrating theft and I'd agree with him. Yall making this too easy.

Derec will body slam everyone on this thread celebrating theft and I'd agree with him. Yall making this too easy.

It's a fucking chair that people worship because a racist put his ass in it that one time. I wouldn't stand to let the people who stole it go without consequence, I am just going to expend absolutely zero effort in making that happen.

I can absolutely laugh people when they spit into the winds of elemental social forces, even when I agree the wind is too strong for my tastes, and we should plant some windbreaks.

Yippee! Selma wins an all-expense-paid once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get rid of its ugly outdoor toilet art!

Quebec City should have been so lucky... :biggrin:

Hated Public Sculpture by Jean-Pierre Raynaud Nicknamed “The Toilet” Bulldozed in Quebec

toilet-quebec.jpg

sculpture-demolished.jpg

Darn.... looks like they might not have carried out their threat.

CNN reported two people arrested, and the chair returned undamaged. Slate reports they made a fake chair for those photos, and the real one is undamaged.

Back
Top Bottom