• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Nuclear terrorism

Israel right or wrong to the regional Muslims is what Al Quida is to us, a fundamental doctrinal ideological enemy.

Israel within its borders is a liberal state with a high degree of tolerance and a secular democracy and civil system. A thriving Israel is a fundamental threat to the Arab oil states with their hereditary aristocracies, strict Islamic cultures, and social-economic caste systems.

Imagine a Saudi Arabia in the middle of Texas..

Except Al Qaeda is our enemy because they keep attacking.

Israel is more like a porcupine. Leave it alone and it will leave you alone, tangle with it and you're probably going to get hurt.

And Israel keeps attacking the West Bank by planting new settlements.

Are you going to say that these are "baby porcupines, leave them alone, let them grow up (and create more baby porcupines) and they will leave you alone ??"

Israel is more like a porcupine. Leave it alone and it will leave you alone, tangle with it and you're probably going to get hurt.

Are you going to say that these are "baby porcupines, leave them alone, let them grow up (and create more baby porcupines) and they will leave you alone ??"

They haven't planted settlements for more than a decade.

Then how do you explain the increase in Israeli West Bank population from 249,901+ in 2005 to 344, 391 in 2012 ( Population_statistics_for_Israeli_West_Bank_settlements)?

Then how do you explain the increase in Israeli West Bank population from 249,901+ in 2005 to 344, 391 in 2012 ( Population_statistics_for_Israeli_West_Bank_settlements)?

Have you ever watched a city develop?

At first not every piece of property is used. As time goes on the skipped pieces get used, although there's still one open chunk near here after about 20 years.

Also, sometimes you see lower density housing replaced by higher density housing.

Have you ever watched a city develop?

At first not every piece of property is used. As time goes on the skipped pieces get used, although there's still one open chunk near here after about 20 years.
The West Bank settlements did not have that much space. The population has increased 40%+ which means the settlement population has expanded. And if new housing has been built, then clearly the settlements have been expanded relative to their original capacity. All in all, the data shows your argument is unsupported by reality.
Also, sometimes you see lower density housing replaced by higher density housing.
In other words, an expansion of settlements.

Are you aware that more than 1.5 million Arabs live in Israel proper?

Yes, I am. They were born there. The settlers on the West bank are colonists, "colonisers", immigrants who were not invited, invaders by immigration forced upon an unwilling powerless Arab population.
What's your spin on that?

Why are the Arabs powerless? Could it have something to do with their vile backward and out of touch with modernity religion?

Yes, I am. They were born there. The settlers on the West bank are colonists, "colonisers", immigrants who were not invited, invaders by immigration forced upon an unwilling powerless Arab population.
Why are the Arabs powerless? Could it have something to do with their vile backward and out of touch with modernity religion?

Your spin is religious bigotry? You don't like their religion so it's okay to kick them around? Interesting.

But what about the colonists? Do you like their religion? Does their having a religion you like mean that it's okay for them to abuse powerless Arabs?

Your spin is religious bigotry? You don't like their religion so it's okay to kick them around? Interesting.

But what about the colonists? Do you like their religion? Does their having a religion you like mean that it's okay for them to abuse powerless Arabs?
Was it a catastrophe when Westerners colonised the Americas? It was for the backward natives but not for the colonisers. The same argument can be used throughout world history. The superior modern civilisation will always conquer the weaker backward civilisation.

Was it a catastrophe when Westerners colonised the Americas? It was for the backward natives but not for the colonisers. The same argument can be used throughout world history. The superior modern civilisation will always conquer the weaker backward civilisation.

I believe there once was a party in Germany, led by a certain Adolf H, who had exactly the same idea and voiced them in almost the same manner. Sad, ain't it?

So, if the Arabs could unite and then rise up and destroy Israel, you would be okay with the superior modern civilization (i.e. the victor) conquering the weaker?

Indeed! Finally, a true political realist. Power is the only thing that matters. The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must. Those without power deserves to be eradicated. The dead can blame no one but themselves for not killing the their enemy first.

Indeed! Finally, a true political realist. Power is the only thing that matters. The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must. The weak deserves to be eradicated.

What do you mean, 'Finally'? He is 70 years late. :confused2:

ETA Just in case anyone imagines that this can be dismissed as an example of Godwin's Law: I changed the two instances of the word 'civilisation' in angelo's last sentence above to read 'race', and put the result: "The superior modern race will always conquer the weaker backward race." into Google; seven of the top ten results are about Nazism and Hitler's racial policies. (Two of the remainder are modern white-supremacist sites, and the last was a transcript of a 1902 lecture entitled "The Relations of the Advanced and the Backward Races of Mankind").

This comment in support of Israel is not just similar to the arguments made by the Nazis for eradicating the Jews; it is identical to them in every respect. Only the un-stated identities of the 'superior' and 'inferior' parties have been changed.

So, if the Arabs could unite and then rise up and destroy Israel, you would be okay with the superior modern civilization (i.e. the victor) conquering the weaker?

Perhaps I worded that wrong. Here I'll try a different wording. When Cortez landed in the Americas, he had guns and cannons against spears and bow and arrows and superstition. It was no contest. The same with the Roman legions. Well lead and organised fighting units against ad hoc defences. Again, no contest. If an alien entity a thousand years ahead of any earth technology decided to take over the earth, again no contest! Am I clear now?

What is blinding many pro Palestinians here is the hatred that goes back centuries of the Jew. Israel is on a hiding to nothing in this dispute. Even terrorists outfits like Hamas are simply ignored as the hatred of the Jew overcomes even them.

What is blinding many pro Palestinians here is the hatred that goes back centuries of the Jew. Israel is on a hiding to nothing in this dispute. Even terrorists outfits like Hamas are simply ignored as the hatred of the Jew overcomes even them.
Most
Of us could care less. We hate theocracy and assholes. If someone decides to be one or either, we oppose them. We have one reason to maybe dislike Palestine (alliance with pro-theocratic factions). We have TWO reasons to dislike Israel, with their assholishness and alignment with theological-nationalistic factions in their own government. We dislike them both. We dislike what the Israelis more because in addition to being theocrats and racists, they're being assholes. That's all there is to it. It's nothing to do with this persecution complex you have imagined for us.

Perhaps I worded that wrong. Here I'll try a different wording. When Cortez landed in the Americas, he had guns and cannons against spears and bow and arrows and superstition. It was no contest. The same with the Roman legions. Well lead and organised fighting units against ad hoc defences. Again, no contest. If an alien entity a thousand years ahead of any earth technology decided to take over the earth, again no contest! Am I clear now?

Not really. You're saying that the Palestinians shouldn't be able to buy weapons because that would make them the equal of the Israelis?

Back
Top Bottom