• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged NY Rep Santos (merged from GOP elected that guy in WW84 and GOP are liars)

To denote when two or more threads have been merged

Jimmy Higgins

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinistic Atheist
If you are lucky, you haven't seen Wonder Women '84... a movie that is... quite awful. One of the villains is a guy who is effectively trying to run a company, but ultimately it is nothing but a pyramid scheme as he sucks at business. But he sells a great message, so he has been able to move the dream forward despite failed attempts to make it big.

On Long Island, this man or at least a person that might be able to sue the movie producers for copying his likeliness without permission, won a seat in the US House.

article said:
George Santos, whose election to Congress on Long Island in New York last month helped Republicans clinch a narrow majority in the House of Representatives, built his candidacy on the notion that he was the “full embodiment of the American dream” and was running to safeguard it for others.

His campaign biography amplified his storybook journey: He is the son of Brazilian immigrants, and the first openly gay Republican to win a House seat as a non-incumbent. By his account, he catapulted himself from a New York City public college to become a “seasoned Wall Street financier and investor” with a family-owned real estate portfolio of 13 properties and an animal rescue charity that saved more than 2,500 dogs and cats.
The trouble is, almost none of his claims seem to be factual.

It appears that he was part of many cons, and maybe finally scored on one of them, with the latest. His origins are questionable, his employment is doubtful, his business ventures not particularly enviable. It is an odd tale.

Last edited by a moderator:
None of this came out till now?

• Wow
Reactions: jab
I think it is so unbelievable, that it would have been hard to think any of the individual things on their own would matter.

I've been reading about this. Clearly the guy is a fraud of the highest order. I can't see him keeping his office. The question is how long before he's gone.

Republican who allegedly lied about his background responds to NY Times bombshell by blaming 'the left'

This guy is a trip. Yes, he lied about his resume' but the bigger question is where is he getting all his money. His attorney's response to the questions about his history is to blame "the left." Pretty predictable coming from the GOP.

“After four years in the public eye, and on the verge of being sworn in as a member of the Republican led 118th Congress, the New York Times launches this shotgun blast of attacks. It is no surprise that Congressman-elect Santos has enemies at the New York Times who are attempting to smear his good name with these defamatory allegations. As Winston Churchill famously stated, ‘You have enemies? Good. It means that you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.'”

Journalist Ben Jacobs throws some irony into the pot. Churchill never said that.

Reactions: SLD
None of this came out till now?
Funny, to read the scribbling of our local GOP folks and to listen to my GOP friends and acquaintances, the Democrats are damn near all powerful world elites with full control of the media to the extent that all media outside of Newsmax and OANN are just NWO Democrat Propaganda. Yet "they" waited until after this guy got elected to drop via the NYT what should have been basic opposition research. That is just amazing. I wonder what kind of briar patch they're growing.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/23520848/george-santos-fake-resume

Not sure if anyone else has been following this story, but it would be funny if it didn’t have such important consequences. Here’s a list (so far) of his blatant lies:

Jewish
Grandfather was a Holocaust survivor
Graduated from Baruch College
Worked for Goldman Sachs and then Citigroup
Multi millionaire
Ran an animal rescue charity
Had co-workers killed in the Orlando Pulse nightclub shooting

On the plus side, he loves tRump and pledged to support McCarthy! And he’s gay.

So let’s see what the Republican leadership does: expel him like they should, or say there’s nothing we can do? Place your bets!

They’d cling to a chupacabra if it promised to vote with Republicans.

Putting aside any possible (likely!) financial scams related to the election and his financing of it...

If he lied about his place of residence, could that be a way to boot him?

9 minute mark, NY Republican newspaper guy says that he was known by Repubs as George Scamtos.

Last edited:
Democrats are now at least calling for him to resign before he gets seated next week, or be expelled later. i haven’t heard a peep from Republican leaders about this. Or did I miss something?

He not only lied about having Holocaust survivor relatives, but about working with people who died in the Pulse nightclub shooting.

George Santos Admits to Lying About College and Work History - NY Times

Mr. Weiner asked Mr. Santos about his claim, made in an interview last month shortly after his election, that a company he had worked for “lost four employees” at the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando in June 2016. The Times reviewed news coverage and obituaries and found no evidence that could support the claim.

On Monday, Mr. Santos shifted his account slightly, telling Mr. Weiner that those four people were not yet employees but instead were in the process of being hired.

“We did lose four people that were going to be coming to work for the company that I was starting up in Orlando,” he said.

Mr. Santos did not name the company or provide additional information to support his statement.

Back
Top Bottom