• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Merged NY Rep Santos (merged from GOP elected that guy in WW84 and GOP are liars)

To denote when two or more threads have been merged
Name someone who lied as much as Santos.
Fk_7Qo8WQAEw8Sq

Fk_7XxvXkAAcpVk

Fk_8F2yWAAc4RfK

Fk_8nDkWAAASqI8

Fk_9DPRXwAEgb8B

Let's put this another way.

Oleg, is there anything Santos put on his resume that was the truth?

So apparently he’s not even gay, having been married to a woman as of 2019.

Also lied about his mother working at the WTC on 9/11.

This gets better and better. on the plus side MTG supports him!

More seriously, where did he get $700,000 to loan his campaign. He’s been evicted twice in the last ten years.

More seriously, where did he get $700,000 to loan his campaign. He’s been evicted twice in the last ten years.
For sure that's the most intriguing question. His statements indicate that he made a lot of money from his business, in a sense hit it rich. Of course that is possible, maybe he had the right mix of assets and cashed in. But he hasn't been very forthcoming with any specifics. I certainly smell a rat.

If you made a lot of money there should be a paper trail, taxes, etc. I'm sure someone is already digging.

Reactions: SLD
The other biggie goes back to his days in Brazil. The case against him of forging checks is still open because he could not be found when the case came to court. Did he flee to the U.S. to avoid prosecution?

New York Republican George Santos’s Résumé Called Into Question - The New York Times
Citigroup and Goldman Sachs, the marquee Wall Street firms on Mr. Santos’s campaign biography, told The Times they had no record of his ever working there. Officials at Baruch College, which Mr. Santos has said he graduated from in 2010, could find no record of anyone matching his name and date of birth graduating that year.

There was also little evidence that his animal rescue group, Friends of Pets United, was, as Mr. Santos claimed, a tax-exempt organization: The Internal Revenue Service could locate no record of a registered charity with that name.

His financial disclosure forms suggest a life of some wealth. He lent his campaign more than $700,000 during the midterm election, has donated thousands of dollars to other candidates in the last two years and reported a $750,000 salary and over $1 million in dividends from his company, the Devolder Organization.

Yet the firm, which has no public website or LinkedIn page, is something of a mystery. On a campaign website, Mr. Santos once described Devolder as his “family’s firm” that managed $80 million in assets. On his congressional financial disclosure, he described it as a capital introduction consulting company, a type of boutique firm that serves as a liaison between investment funds and deep-pocketed investors. But Mr. Santos’s disclosures did not reveal any clients, an omission three election law experts said could be problematic if such clients exist.

And while Mr. Santos has described a family fortune in real estate, he has not disclosed, nor could The Times find, records of his properties.

As to GS claiming to be gay, that seems to me like a way of claiming that he's not some hard-right sort of Republican.
Mr. Santos’s eight-point victory, in a district in northern Long Island and northeast Queens that previously favored Democrats, was considered a mild upset. He had lost decisively in the same district in 2020 to Tom Suozzi, then the Democratic incumbent, and had seemed to be too wedded to former President Donald J. Trump and his stances to flip his fortunes.

His appearance earlier this month at a gala in Manhattan attended by white nationalists and right-wing conspiracy theorists underscored his ties to Mr. Trump’s right-wing base.

At the same time, new revelations uncovered by The Times — including the omission of key information on Mr. Santos’s personal financial disclosures, and criminal charges for check fraud in Brazil — have the potential to create ethical and possibly legal challenges once he takes office.

George Santos Breaks Silence: ‘I Have My Story to Tell.’ (Next Week.) - The New York Times - "Mr. Santos, the congressman-elect from New York, has yet to address numerous inconsistencies raised by The New York Times about his background."
On Wednesday, The Forward, a Jewish publication, reported that Mr. Santos may have misled voters about his account of his Jewish ancestry, including that his maternal grandparents fled persecution around World War II.
George Santos Admits to Lying About College and Work History - The New York Times - "The congressman-elect confirmed The New York Times’s findings that he had not graduated from college or worked at two major Wall Street firms, as he had claimed."
noting
Rep.-elect George Santos admits fabricating key details of his bio

Back to the NYT.
“My sins here are embellishing my résumé,” Mr. Santos told The New York Post in one of several interviews he gave on Monday.

Mr. Santos admitted to lying about graduating from college and making misleading claims that he worked for Citigroup or Goldman Sachs. He once said he had a family-owned real estate portfolio of 13 properties; on Monday, he admitted he was not a landlord.

Mr. Santos, the first openly gay Republican to win a House seat as a non-incumbent, also acknowledged owing thousands in unpaid rent and a yearslong marriage he had never disclosed.

“I dated women in the past. I married a woman. It’s personal stuff,” he said to The Post, adding that he was “OK with my sexuality. People change.”
As to his Jewish heritage,
“I never claimed to be Jewish,” Mr. Santos told The Post. “I am Catholic. Because I learned my maternal family had a Jewish background I said I was ‘Jew-ish.’”

Mr. Santos, who has repeatedly said he was religiously Catholic but has also identified as a nonobservant Jew, told The Post his grandmother had recounted how she converted from Judaism to Catholicism.
Pronouncing the word Jew - (pause) - ish.

He also never went to Baruch College.
“I didn’t graduate from any institution of higher learning. I’m embarrassed and sorry for having embellished my résumé,” he said, later adding: “We do stupid things in life.”

He also admitted that he never worked directly for Goldman Sachs or Citigroup, blaming a “poor choice of words” for creating the impression that he had.

So it seems Russia's fingerprints are on Santos' campaign money.

THREAD: for those asking where liar George Santos got the money to run a campaign, a sizable portion of it came from a man named Intrater. That name will sound familiar to folks who listened to the OG Mueller, She Wrote podcast. 1/

Intrater’s cousin is a guy named Vekselberg, who pushed hundreds of thousands of dollars into Michael Cohen’s “Essential Consulting” from a company called Columbus Nova, and the two traded hundreds of phone calls and text messages. 2/

Intrater, Vekselberg, and Cohen attended the Trump inauguration together. Intrater paid $250K to the trump inaugural. In April of this year, the DoJ accused Vekselberg of fraud and money laundering and seized is $90M yacht. 3/

In 1996, Vekselberg partnered with another oligarch named Blavatnik to go in on Rusal - an aluminum company owned by Oleg Deripaska - who funneled nearly $4M into GOP coffers including McConnell’s. McConnell tried to cut a deal to build an aluminum plant in KY with their help. 4/

McConnell lobbied to lift sanctions on Deripaska so he could help fund the project. All of these guys were sanctioned for interference in the 2016 election, by the way. 5/

And Mnuchin, who protected trump from mandatory presidential tax audits, was a partner with Blavatnik in his movie production company. He sold his shares to Blavatnik when he was nominated as Treasury Secretary, and Blavatnik funneled $1M into Donald’s inaugural. 6/

So no one in my house is surprised that a straw candidate was partly funded by sanctioned Russian oligarchs tied to trump. END/ (sources to follow)

If the Roe Vs Wade repeal had not happened his year and Republican had a sizeable margin in the house, would they even then have used some power to prevent Santos from being seated? What actual power could they or any party use?

I am sure they would crow about their moral sanctity if this was the case.

If the Roe Vs Wade repeal had not happened his year and Republican had a sizeable margin in the house, would they even then have used some power to prevent Santos from being seated?
I doubt it. Not unless they had a 20+ seat margin. And even then, prob’ly not. Because if you start disqualifying people for being lying sacks of shit, where will it all end?

You know, I'm also Jew-ish. My mother has some Jewish ancestry. It was 500 years ago, but hey, maybe I could use that to run for Congress!

IAE, more lies are coming out, he’s been claiming to have been a student at some elite prep school in the Bronx. Nope. No record of him ever attending. This guy’s a piece of work!

We should start taking bets on how long he lasts.

So now the picture becomes a bit clearer. He’s a Russian pawn.

His money came from Russia and he has called Ukraine a totalitarian regime. Now real concern he’s a serious national security risk.

And if this is shown at all to be true, he’ll face federal prosecution. So many broken laws here, from campaign financing to sanctions issues, to false statements. He’s toast.

So now the picture becomes a bit clearer. He’s a Russian pawn.

His money came from Russia and he has called Ukraine a totalitarian regime. Now real concern he’s a serious national security risk.

And if this is shown at all to be true, he’ll face federal prosecution. So many broken laws here, from campaign financing to sanctions issues, to false statements. He’s toast.

Did Scamtos make up his "holohoax" story because Intrater was Jewish and a supporter of this?

Andrew Intrater describes the events leading to his involvement with USC Shoah Foundation

I think it is great that Putin allows so many of the oligarchs be Jewish.

Back
Top Bottom