• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Odds on Clinton or Trump backing out of debates?

Clinton's problem is not Trump, but the Bernie supporters who may not show up to vote. She has to reach out to them. To remind them of who Trump has appointed to nominate far right supreme court judges. His support for torture. Use of nuclear weapons. And massive deficits caused by his economic policies according to numerous analysts. Trump's inane climate denialism. She has to get the usual young voters who typically don't show up to vote to do so. She has to twist every question asked to these ends.

From here on out for her, its all about getting out the vote.

If the Bernie supporters who haven't already switched to Clinton aren't already swayed by everything Trump has ever said, I don't think the debates are going to make a difference; it's clear they aren't thinking rationally, so rational arguments won't make the difference. It's not clear to me that there will ever be anything Clinton can say that will make the Clinton-haters change their minds. I think any Bernie supporter who is still holding out on Clinton likely will simply not vote. What do you think will make them vote Clinton?

- - - Updated - - -

...Bush had more charisma ...

Bush only had charisma to a certain audience. To others he had virtually nil.

The term lazy applies to those who act on what they hear for they don't even bother to understand that what they hear may be said by others about them. They will ultimately be alone. So if the 'reporters' administering the debate ask about what they have heard without tying that hearing to facts they will be judged as bell cows.

Back
Top Bottom