• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

One More Reason to not go to Walmart

Did you read the article in the OP?

Yes.

Good
Then you already know that
Targets have less crime. Unlike most Walmarts, they’re not open 24 hours a day. Nor do they allow people to camp overnight in their parking lots, as Walmarts do. Like Walmart, Target relies heavily on video surveillance, but it employs sophisticated software that can alert the store security office when shoppers spend too much time in front of merchandise or linger for long periods outside after closing time. The biggest difference, police say, is simply that Targets have more staff visible in stores.

These things have been mentioned already in the thread as well, and I am sure you also read those too, correct?

Good
Targets have less crime. Unlike most Walmarts, they’re not open 24 hours a day. Nor do they allow people to camp overnight in their parking lots, as Walmarts do. Like Walmart, Target relies heavily on video surveillance, but it employs sophisticated software that can alert the store security office when shoppers spend too much time in front of merchandise or linger for long periods outside after closing time. The biggest difference, police say, is simply that Targets have more staff visible in stores.

These things have been mentioned already in the thread as well, and I am sure you also read those too, correct?

I don't see how any of this is related to my question, which was directed at the members of this forum and not the authors of the article who aren't here to discuss or defend their position.

Good

I don't see how any of this is related to my question, which was directed at the members of this forum and not the authors of the article who aren't here to discuss or defend their position.

So the people here are not allowed to agree with the article on which the thread is based?

Good

This is a problem with all threads where the person who wrote a paper, article or thesis is not able to comment. Maybe write to the author to join the discussion.

Good

This is a problem with all threads where the person who wrote a paper, article or thesis is not able to comment. Maybe write to the author to join the discussion.
Better to just improve one's reading comprehension and reasoning skills.

Good

So the people here are not allowed to agree with the article on which the thread is based?

Sure. But they should be able to do so in their own words providing their own reasoning. Otherwise the whole thread is nothing but "yeah, what they said," which is neither interesting nor intellectually stimulating and would certainly be a waste of time for anyone looking for actual discussion.

Good

Why? I'm not interested in talking to the authors of the article; I'm interested in talking with the members of this forum.

Good

Sure. But they should be able to do so in their own words providing their own reasoning. Otherwise the whole thread is nothing but "yeah, what they said," which is neither interesting nor intellectually stimulating and would certainly be a waste of time for anyone looking for actual discussion.

So your problem isn't that the answer given is wrong, but it isn't phrased to your liking?

Given that a cursory reread of the first part of this thread contains posts (4,5,15,16 and 29) where people do provide their own reasoning, one wonders what your real point is.

Good

True, reading what is actually there f clearly written will reduce the need to assume. One thing seems likely and that is shoplifters like to go to Walmart.

Good

True, reading what is actually there f clearly written will reduce the need to assume. One thing seems likely and that is shoplifters like to go to Walmart.

No, shoplifters LIKE going to Needless Markup, I mean, Neiman-Marcus but NM is serious about store security too so they windup at Wally World. Damn, Walmart really is the store of last resort.

Could it be that it is comparatively easier to successfully shoplift at Walmart?

Good

No, shoplifters LIKE going to Needless Markup, I mean, Neiman-Marcus but NM is serious about store security too so they windup at Wally World. Damn, Walmart really is the store of last resort.

Are you sure of this?

Good

Are you sure of this?

yes.

Good

Are you sure of this?

yes.

Thanks for the good laugh. I haven't seen many stores where I thought I couldn't get away with shoplifting because there was a few extra people and most stores don't even have the extra people. The benefit that Neiman Marcus has is fewer customers so if if they do need to find an area that was shoplifted from it's easier to find the exact person. But I think the difference is that Wal-Mart looks for and prosecutes shoplifters at higher rates than most stores. Sam Walton believed anybody caught shoplifting should be punished by the law.

But it's interesting because punishing people for breaking the law is a job for police officers.

Corporate Wal-Mart is similar to a cult, like scientology. Their stores are crammed with poor quality merchandise and you get what you pay for, electronic goods with a 90 day warranty. And the clientele ?! It's like visiting a third world shit hole. There is nothing Wal-Mart sells that I can't afford to pay the extra 18 cents for. Fuck Wal-Mart. But it does keep some of the riff raff out of the mall somewhat.

I would encourage shoplifters to go to Wal-Mart;

Oh, shoplifters of the world
Unite and take over
Shoplifters of the world
Hand it over.

Good

Are you sure of this?

yes.

Thanks for the good laugh. I haven't seen many stores where I thought I couldn't get away with shoplifting because there was a few extra people and most stores don't even have the extra people. The benefit that Neiman Marcus has is fewer customers so if if they do need to find an area that was shoplifted from it's easier to find the exact person. But I think the difference is that Wal-Mart looks for and prosecutes shoplifters at higher rates than most stores. Sam Walton believed anybody caught shoplifting should be punished by the law.

But it's interesting because punishing people for breaking the law is a job for police officers.

Anywhere in there did you say that a thief would rather steal a something worth $30 and not something worth $3000? If not, what's your point? that Wally World again ignores security concerns in deciding humongous to build their store? If do then I agree and that store size is too was mentioned in the OP's article.

Good

Are you sure of this?

yes.

Why?

Back
Top Bottom