• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

One More Reason to not go to Walmart

Walmart is where dreams go to die.. I don't need another reason to not go there.

Why can't Wal-Mart shoppers be trusted not to steal?

For the same reason Walmart CEOs cannot be trusted not to lie, cheat, steal, and poison the environment whenever they think the profits outweigh the risks.

People will commit these wrongs in proportion to how easy it is to get away with it. That's why it is the governments (e.g., cops, EPA, FBI) responsibility to make it harder for people to get away with such crimes, but it is also the responsibility of private partys to not to create situations that strongly encourage such crimes, such as inviting every person off the street into your giant warehouse of appealing goods that you expect them to pay for but make no effort to ensure they have before walking out the door. If Walmart is going to create a situation that makes theft extremely likely and not do anything the help discourage shoplifting attempts, then they shouldn't even bother calling the cops when it happens.

Doesn't Wal-Mart pay taxes that provides these public services? I would think that the taxes paid more than compensate for the use of law enforcement services, no?
Why would you think that?
And if you don't believe so, isn't that on the onus of the one making the claim to demonstrate it? Why do they have an additional obligation for private security?
They have no obligation to do anything. Apparently whatever they are doing, it is not enough to stop their problem of shoplifting.
Also, Wal-Mart does have a loss prevention team that works at every store.
Clearly those loss prevention teams are not as successful as Wal-Mart would like.

Wal-Mart is just another welfare queen relying on taxpayers to pick up their tab.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Doesn't Wal-Mart pay taxes that provides these public services? I would think that the taxes paid more than compensate for the use of law enforcement services, no? And if you don't believe so, isn't that on the onus of the one making the claim to demonstrate it? Why do they have an additional obligation for private security? Also, Wal-Mart does have a loss prevention team that works at every store.
Hold on, I thought corporations don't pay taxes? I know I've heard people on the Right say that about a million times.

Wal-Mart is just another welfare queen relying on taxpayers to pick up their tab.

If only there were other places people opposed to Wal-Mart's low prices model could shop.

If only there were other places people opposed to Wal-Mart's low prices model could shop.

Well, at least you admit Wal-Mart's low price model includes prodigious amounts of corporate welfare.

Doesn't Wal-Mart pay taxes that provides these public services? I would think that the taxes paid more than compensate for the use of law enforcement services, no?

Why would you think that?

Because that is what taxes are for. Are you saying that Wal-Mart does not pay their local taxes? Are you saying that all Wal-Mart employees evade their local income tax too? Why would you even ask this?

And if you don't believe so, isn't that on the onus of the one making the claim to demonstrate it? Why do they have an additional obligation for private security?
laughing dog said:
They have no obligation to do anything. Apparently whatever they are doing, it is not enough to stop their problem of shoplifting.
Right... it is THEIR PROBLEM. Not the cops or the communities... Wal-Marts.
Also, Wal-Mart does have a loss prevention team that works at every store.
laughing dog said:
Clearly those loss prevention teams are not as successful as Wal-Mart would like.
No, they are not as successful as the COPS WOULD LIKE... because the cops, you know, have to do their jobs and shit.

MallWart - A place to buy cheap plastic junk A bumper sticker that gave me quite the laugh as I didn't even see MallWart spelled wrong the first time I read it, but realized it later in my red light boredom. I need another reason not to shop at MallWart? Probably not...

MallWart - A place to buy cheap plastic junk A bumper sticker that gave me quite the laugh as I didn't even see MallWart spelled wrong the first time I read it, but realized it later in my red light boredom. I need another reason not to shop at MallWart? Probably not...

But have you seen this one?

Mart Attacks.jpg

It seems popular for shoplifting however.

- - - Updated - - -

This shop manager used humour when he caught the 10,000th shop lifter

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G8_BbERk8o[/YOUTUBE]

If the police are 'overwhelmed' by shoplifters, then maybe they need to prioritize better? Maybe let that shoplifter just sit in the security office for a few more hours while they respond to more important stuff, if need be.

Or maybe they need to actually punish shoplifters when they catch them.

If the police are 'overwhelmed' by shoplifters, then maybe they need to prioritize better? Maybe let that shoplifter just sit in the security office for a few more hours while they respond to more important stuff, if need be.

Or maybe they need to actually punish shoplifters when they catch them.

With what Loren? The Rack? The Iron Maiden? Prolonged forced listening to Teen Pop Music?

Back
Top Bottom