• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ongoing conflict in Sudan

Tigers!

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Bible believing revelational redemptionist (Baptist)
My sister is a midwife with an NGO just below the Sudan-South Sudan border.
Since late April there has been another surge of refugees south fleeing the conflict in Sudan. They are pouring past their compound in Pibor, Sudan in increasing numbers.
Power-struggle-Sudan
There has been much commentary about the Gaza conflict and Ukraine (and rightly so) but the conflict in Sudan rarely gets a mention.
I am puzzled as to why. Is this conflict not important enough?

Unless a European country or Jews are involved we really do not seem to pay much attention.,

I hate to say it but what happens in Sudan really doesn't affect people in the West on a large scale. There are lots of Israeli citizens with family in Europe or the USA and the Ukraine war will be a big deal simply because Russia is involved in it.

No Jews to blame for Muslim misdeeds. Not first world. Thus there's nobody to blame and it gets ignored.

There has been much commentary about the Gaza conflict and Ukraine (and rightly so) but the conflict in Sudan rarely gets a mention.
No Jews, no news.
You would not think Columbia students would give a wet fart for Sudan right? Sudanese don't even have terrorist-chiq shawls they can wrap themselves in when they break into Hamilton Hall ...

Since late April there has been another surge of refugees south fleeing the conflict in Sudan. They are pouring past their compound in Pibor, Sudan in increasing numbers.
Power-struggle-Sudan

Unless a European country or Jews are involved we really do not seem to pay much attention.,
No, where the heck have you been? Rwanda anyone? I suppose the problem with Africa is two fold, not only is there a huge amount of indifference, it was European nations that drew up the lines, created the dissension in the first place. And the solutions aren't exactly pluckable from trees.

No Jews, no news.
You would not think Columbia students would give a wet fart for Sudan right? Sudanese don't even have terrorist-chiq shawls they can wrap themselves in when they break into Hamilton Hall ...
Derec needlessly mentions Hamilton Hall... *drink*

Power-struggle-Sudan

No, where the heck have you been? Rwanda anyone? I suppose the problem with Africa is two fold, not only is there a huge amount of indifference, it was European nations that drew up the lines, created the dissension in the first place. And the solutions aren't exactly pluckable from trees.
The Europeans did not do a good job with the boundaries at all.

Power-struggle-Sudan

The Europeans did not do a good job with the boundaries at all.
Sure they did. They almost completely avoided a European war over who got what bits. Well, apart from the Great War, but that was mostly about fairly trivial European issues, rather than colonial disputes. The Germans were a bit miffed about how little they got, but Kaiser Bill was prone to being miffed regardless.

The boundaries completely disregarded the people who lived there, but that was completely intentional. The various imperial and colonial officials did a very good job, within the scope of their task. They just didn't grasp (and/or care about) the implications for people outside Europe.

What business do Africans have, with regards to the borders of British, French, Belgian, German or Italian colonies? If they were keen to have a say, they should have built a modern Navy, with Dreadnaughts and such.

Back
Top Bottom