• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Paleolithic diet.

IMO, sensible eating and portion control is the most important diet choice you can make. And make the food simple! Avoid processed foods where possible and eat natural ingredients.

You should also remember that in order to lose weight, input must be less than output.

Paleodiet, and other such fads, are just that - fads.

Speaking of diet, I have been farting a lot lately. What's up with that?

Are you married?
1451239803.png

A proper paleo diet should include carrion, mammoth, brontosaurus burgers, pterodactyl legs, dinosaur eggs and more. The best paleo cookbook is "The Happy Pappy Cookbook by Wilma Flintstone.

Eldarion Lathria

The paleo diet: evidence that people trust celebrities and Facebook friends more than they trust science.

I remember a study where they determined that genes responsible for digesting cereals are somewhat recent, basically they appeared after people started eating them, I don't know if paleo-diet includes cereal plants. Milk genes are very recent and I don't think I have enough of these genes.
I think if we somehow get paleolithic person to our time he/she would not be able to eat most of our food.

Last edited:
You should also remember that in order to lose weight, input must be less than output.
While this is technically true, it tends to paint the wrong picture. You have far less control over output than you might think. How your body reacts to the calories you take in depends very much on what those calories are.

This guy ate nearly 6000 calories a day for 21 days twice. First on a high fat low carb diet - he put on 1.3 kg of weight, but actually lost an inch from his waist. Second time was a high carb low fat diet - he put on 7.1 kg and added 3.6 inches to his waistline

http://live.smashthefat.com/why-i-did-get-fat/

Even though he was doing the same amount of exercise in each case (so trying his best to control the output), there was still a huge difference in the final results - because the human body reacts differently (and more deleteriously) to excess carbohydrates than it does to excess fat/protein.

All most everything we eat did not exist 20000 years ago.
Wheat,corn,soy bean,beef,pork,chicken,and most veggies we eat have been created by humans.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brassica_oleracea

I'm pretty sure pigs and cows were around.
But today's domestic cows are quiet different from the wild Aurochs they were bred from. Also the current domestic pigs are significantly different from the Eurasian wild boar they were bred from.

I follow Michael Pollan's advice, "Eat food, not too much, mostly plants." Seems to work for me, and as long as I stay active.

Back
Top Bottom