• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pardon Me, But That's a Nice Jet You've Got There

Opoponax

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Apathetic Atheist
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ranchers-lucas-20180711-story.html

Upshot is that these guys burned 150 acres of federal land in Oregon. Then they were tried, convicted, and sentenced. Now Trump has pardoned them, and as a reward for being such great guys, Mike Pence's pal, Forrest Lucas, gave them a ride home on his private jet.

Lucas is a generous donor to Republican candidates, including to fellow Indiana native Vice President Mike Pence, who received at least $50,000 from Lucas and his wife when Pence was running for governor of Indiana.

Remember when those idiots occupied that wildlife refuge for 40 days or so? The above arsonist assholes is what they were protesting.

To sum up: commit arson against federal property and not only do you escape punishment, you get a ride home on a private jet. As long as you're a white conservative.

And to pose the obvious: what if a group of black guys did this? Can you fucking imagine? But then take it another step. Imagine if it was a group of black guys that Obama pardoned, and then one of Obama's donors, who was also black, gave them a lift home on a private jet? Envisioning it is difficult to do because it's so cartoonish and absurd.

This is a signal to white nationalists. Trump supports what you do. Don't believe me? This is going over well with the Neo Nazi crowd. Feel free to put on a hazmat suit...

https://www.stormfront.org/forum/t1251553/

Wow is right.

If he keeps this up, his popularity with White Americans will only go up from here.

More wonderful news.

I seriously believe at this point that I would follow President Trump into hell if he asked me to go.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ranchers-lucas-20180711-story.html

Upshot is that these guys burned 150 acres of federal land in Oregon. Then they were tried, convicted, and sentenced. Now Trump has pardoned them, and as a reward for being such great guys, Mike Pence's pal, Forrest Lucas, gave them a ride home on his private jet.

Remember when those idiots occupied that wildlife refuge for 40 days or so? The above arsonist assholes is what they were protesting.
Technically, I believe they were protesting the extended sentencing. They received a sentence, but what was below the mandatory guidelines... you know, minimum sentencing criteria those people usually are in favor of.

To sum up: commit arson against federal property and not only do you escape punishment, you get a ride home on a private jet. As long as you're a white conservative.
They served time for their stupid crime. The jet thing is disturbing as it tries to make them out as some sort of folk heroes... who are actually people that are getting a great deal from the BLM in the first place!

And to pose the obvious: what if a group of black guys did this? Can you fucking imagine? But then take it another step. Imagine if it was a group of black guys that Obama pardoned, and then one of Obama's donors, who was also black, gave them a lift home on a private jet? Envisioning it is difficult to do because it's so cartoonish and absurd.
Yeah... best not to think about it.

This is a signal to white nationalists. Trump supports what you do. Don't believe me? This is going over well with the Neo Nazi crowd. Feel free to put on a hazmat suit...

Wow is right.

If he keeps this up, his popularity with White Americans will only go up from here.

More wonderful news.

I seriously believe at this point that I would follow President Trump into hell if he asked me to go.
:glare:

You know, it'd be a damned shame if some wildfire got out of hand and burned down the hangar with that jet in it....

And after being allowed to use the jet for free, the two claimed that their long-term use of it meant it was legally theirs, and they fired shots at the owner's employees who attempted to reclaim it.
You win.

And after being allowed to use the jet for free, the two claimed that their long-term use of it meant it was legally theirs, and they fired shots at the owner's employees who attempted to reclaim it.

Yes! They adversely possessed the jet. Nevermind that the possession didn't and can't meet the statutory requirements for adverse possession, because dammit, this is America and big Private Jet can't just take our hallowed traditional right to use private jets because the Constitution says "We the people" and we the people own private jets or else private jets wouldn't exist. Can't argue that shit, man.

Technically, I believe they were protesting the extended sentencing. They received a sentence, but what was below the mandatory guidelines... you know, minimum sentencing criteria those people usually are in favor of.

They served time for their stupid crime. The jet thing is disturbing as it tries to make them out as some sort of folk heroes... who are actually people that are getting a great deal from the BLM in the first place!

Yeah... best not to think about it.

Wow is right.

More wonderful news.

:glare:

They were protesting the extended sentencing?

Even if that's true, they were protesting the sentencing of an act of terrorism committed because some rich white guy wasn't getting enough free stuff from the government.

They're just a bunch of terrorist freeloaders, and a perfect example of how differently white and African-American suspects get treated in this country.

Back
Top Bottom