• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pardoned sailor gonna sue Obama, Comey

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
A former Navy sailor who is one of five people to receive a pardon from President Donald Trump is planning to file a lawsuit against Obama administration officials, alleging that he was subject to unequal protection of the law.

Specifically, Kristian Saucier, who served a year in federal prison for taking photos of classified sections of the submarine on which he worked, argues that the same officials who meted out punishment to him for his actions chose to be lenient with Hillary Clinton in her use of a private email server and handling of classified information.

https://www.military.com/daily-news...ng-comey-and-obama.html?ESRC=navy-a_180606.nl

Now it makes sense. Trump pardoned him so he could lash out at Obama, Comey, Hillary.

Federal prosecutors say he was a disgruntled sailor. That would be my impression of the guys who complain about being held responsible for their actions by pointing to someone 'who's getting away with it.'

But, okay, more power to him. I assume someone's paying his lawyer bills for him, since the year in jail pretty well tanked his financial set-up. Hope none of that money comes out of a fund it shouldn't....

Someone who has just received a Presidential pardon for security violations should not make so much about "unequal protection" of the law.

It is totally unfair that my violation of security protocol by taking pictures of secured areas was prosecuted more thoroughly than Hillary Clinton's private email server.

I'm starting to see a trend here. People that are obviously guilty, being pardoned. The narrative is that it was the black marauder and his massive tyrannical overreach that got these people convicted. So much for the party of personal responsibility, once again.

A former Navy sailor who is one of five people to receive a pardon from President Donald Trump is planning to file a lawsuit against Obama administration officials, alleging that he was subject to unequal protection of the law.

Specifically, Kristian Saucier, who served a year in federal prison for taking photos of classified sections of the submarine on which he worked, argues that the same officials who meted out punishment to him for his actions chose to be lenient with Hillary Clinton in her use of a private email server and handling of classified information.

https://www.military.com/daily-news...ng-comey-and-obama.html?ESRC=navy-a_180606.nl

Now it makes sense. Trump pardoned him so he could lash out at Obama, Comey, Hillary.

Federal prosecutors say he was a disgruntled sailor. That would be my impression of the guys who complain about being held responsible for their actions by pointing to someone 'who's getting away with it.'

But, okay, more power to him. I assume someone's paying his lawyer bills for him, since the year in jail pretty well tanked his financial set-up. Hope none of that money comes out of a fund it shouldn't....

How dare the gubmemt prosecute her for something they could prove that she did, when it failed to prosecute Hillary Clinton for things conservatives and libertarians imagine she did? This is further evidence that conservatives are the real victims!!!!!!! (Satire)

Why does your president have the right to go around your justice system and pardon people at whim in the first place?

Seriously, this is the country that went around claiming to want to "spread democracy around the globe"?

Why does your president have the right to go around your justice system and pardon people at whim in the first place?

Seriously, this is the country that went around claiming to want to "spread democracy around the globe"?

It's a power that British monarchs had in the 1770s. The American Revolution wasn't about changing anything other than who was at the top; Its primary purpose was to defend tea smugglers against the dumping of untaxed tea into the local markets, rendering smuggling unprofitable.

Yes, that's right; The unrepresentative bastards in the British government cut taxes without even ASKING the Americans. That's what caused the Boston Tea Party, and hence the war.

England moved on and grew up. America set its constitution in concrete, making it hugely difficult to amend. And so the US President is basically the embodiment of all the things that were wrong with having kings, apart from their being unelected; along with all the things that are bad about having elections.

The practice goes back to the Romans, I think. The practice of pardons makes an overly harsh justice system seem more fair.

The practice goes back to the Romans, I think. The practice of pardons makes an overly harsh justice system seem more fair.

It also gives everyone a reason to be deferential to the King, in an environment where the law is capricious and lacks a basis in strong evidence.

Anyone could find themselves condemned to death for something of which they were not guilty. And in such a situation, their only hope was to beg the King for a pardon. It would be hard to be confident or receiving one if you hadn't spent your life as a yes-man.

Back
Top Bottom