• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Paris: Dozens Killed In Terrorist Attack

This was a terrible tragedy. So what's the solution?

Time. The revolution will begin to eat its children. We of course will need to strike back in some way, but they will begin to purge their own ranks when things start going bad.

I think that it's just going to get worse. Far worse. The price of oil will continue to drop. The ME economies will worsen. It's estimated that climate change will increase the temp in ME by 10 degrees or more in the near future. All those people are going to want to continue to flee.

Did you ask the same question when the US invaded Iraq and began bombing and torturing the innocent?
I think he did. The problem was, there was little to be done.

- - - Updated - - -

One thing I find odd is how the death of less than a couple hundred at the hand of less than a dozen is enough for some to consider genocide against an entire people, or merely closing the doors to the millions of peaceful Muslims in Europe and the US.

I think some would call that cowardice.

The US goes half-way across the planet to smash Iraq with a calculated cold terrorist invasion.

Many intelligence experts said all it would do was increase terrorism.

What is happening now is not in any way unexpected.

For some. For those who don't think terrorism can be used to defeat terrorism.

Time. The revolution will begin to eat its children. We of course will need to strike back in some way, but they will begin to purge their own ranks when things start going bad.
Too optimistic. This is like being at war. Lots more of this to come. But like France I would not change course.

The question is; How many Muslims are terrorists because of harm done to them or people they care about by the US or some other Western power?

The terrorist has a religion.

But more importantly they have a past.

Question: How many million times are you going to repeat this same bogus claim?

Islam has been on the warpath for it's whole existence.

You seem to live in some dream world.

I lived through the US terrorist attack of Iraq.

There was no ISIS that amounted to anything until the US broke up the Iraqi military and gave ISIS trained military leadership.

And the massive terrorism by the US gave ISIS many easy recruits.

ISIS is a US creation.

It is not something that would be a problem had the US not conducted a decade of torture and terrorism.

One thing I find odd is how the death of less than a couple hundred at the hand of less than a dozen is enough for some to consider genocide against an entire people,

I don't think I have seen anybody put that forward as a proposal.

or merely closing the doors to the millions of peaceful Muslims in Europe and the US.

Others would call it being pragmatic.

All this talk about the US is a needless distraction from the issue of those guilty of true, dispicable, wrong doing. Granted, you don't get to attack the US and expect peace in foreign valley's, and right or wrong,(if it comes to it), the US will do its best (even its moral best most of the time) to make America a safer place from true terrorists. The US wants to do what's right, yet even in it's difficult task dealing with the real bad one's of the world, the US cares (actually cares) to not intentionally inflict needless violence on innocent people. That (in at least one way) makes the US actions substantively different than the bad guys going around caring not one bit about who gets hurt while engaged in their horribly bad deeds. So, even if the bad guys are a bit butt hurt over what might (perhaps) have been a misguided invasion, never was such actions driven by some uncaring need to inflict harm on those who were unworthy of harm.

To get away from the partisan bitch fest for a moment...

I was thinking earlier that the last time someone decided to piss off Western Europe and Russia, they ended up killing themselves about 4 years later and their side was crushed as well, in as many years.

The French president did say their response was going to be "ruthless". I'd hate to have a bunch of pissed of French people coming after me.

All this talk about the US is a needless distraction from the issue of those guilty of true, dispicable, wrong doing. Granted, you don't get to attack the US and expect peace in foreign valley's, and right or wrong,(if it comes to it), the US will do its best (even its moral best most of the time) to make America a safer place from true terrorists. The US wants to do what's right, yet even in it's difficult task dealing with the real bad one's of the world, the US cares (actually cares) to not intentionally inflict needless violence on innocent people. That (in at least one way) makes the US actions substantively different than the bad guys going around caring not one bit about who gets hurt while engaged in their horribly bad deeds. So, even if the bad guys are a bit butt hurt over what might (perhaps) have been a misguided invasion, never was such actions driven by some uncaring need to inflict harm on those who were unworthy of harm.

ISIS exists in it's current form because of US terrorism.

Anybody who denies that is just ignorant.

And if these terrorists are involved with ISIS then French blood is on American hands.

I guess I don't understand the stretch in logic. They have killed people down the street in the past for drawing cartoons.

People have never been killed for 'drawing cartoons'. They have been killed for deliberately and pointlessly insulting other people's religion, as you know. If someone kicks you in the balls, laddie, you will have objections. Think on!
The belief that having your religion deliberately and pointlessly insulted is on a level with being kicked in the balls is a communicable mental illness, laddie.

And if these terrorists are involved with ISIS then French blood is on American hands.
That's a gross oversimplification. ISIS exists for many reasons, including US invasion of Iraq but also the brutal regime that Saddam had prior to that, and the civil war and support for the extremists from Assad. It's naive to blame every problem in the world on US intervention.

That's a gross oversimplification. ISIS exists for many reasons, including US invasion of Iraq but also the brutal regime that Saddam had prior to that, and the civil war and support for the extremists from Assad. It's naive to blame every problem in the world on US intervention.

What does ISIS in it's current form have to do with the brutal regime of Saddam Hussein?

If that regime was still in place ISIS would be a minor nothing, not a blip on anybodies radar.

Your characterization of the US as having been engaged in terrorism is as exagerative as a child's hand being slapped with a ruler by a teacher as being regarded as child abuse in the 1950's. People's emotions get the best of them to such a degree that any form of unacceptable physical contact in today's climate is met with the most extreme distortions of a word's meaning. Terrorism my ass!

or merely closing the doors to the millions of peaceful Muslims in Europe and the US.

Others would call it being pragmatic.

What Paris’s night of horror means for Europe
But it is estimated that at least half the jihadists who have gone to Syria in the past four years have come back hardened, brutalised and plugged into technically savvy support networks. In both France and Britain, there may be around 400-500 such people.

To them can be added unknown numbers of radicalised individuals who have never left home, but are persuaded by the ceaseless flow of jihadist propaganda on social media to carry out so-called “lone wolf” attacks.
If it is true, as early reports suggest, that Western surveillance agencies failed to pick up any of the “chatter” that usually precedes a major operation (and which, for example, was evident before the bombing of the Russian Metrojet airliner two weeks ago) that will be a source of considerable alarm.

Fears have been growing that the strong encryption routinely built into smartphones and messaging apps by tech firms to protect their customers’ privacy is also a gift to terrorists who want to “go dark” when an operation is being planned.

Your characterization of the US as having been engaged in terrorism is as exagerative as a child's hand being slapped with a ruler by a teacher as being regarded as child abuse in the 1950's. People's emotions get the best of them to such a degree that any form of unacceptable physical contact in today's climate is met with the most extreme distortions of a word's meaning. Terrorism my ass!

It is textbook terrorism.

The illegitimate use of force to effect political change.

Textbooks of today, no less, I presume. I suppose my point escaped you, as well as today's 'educated', I'd hazard to guess.

Textbooks of today, no less, I presume. I suppose my point escaped you, as well as today's 'educated', I'd hazard to guess.

If one can't make their points clearly many will miss them.

What the fuck are you babbling about?

If you understand that the US terrorist attack of the Iraqi people was the beginning of ISIS in it's current form, great.

If not, try to make a clear argument.

Why do some people focus on "US Intervention in the Middle East" as a way to justify this horrible act?

Protip: no one's justifying the act. They're merely looking at the causes. There's a clear difference.

Why do you believe no one's justifying it? Yes, there's a clear difference; and some people are merely looking at the causes. untermensche is justifying the act.

Nobody is trying to justify these attacks. Nothing can justify them.
And yet you tried to justify them.

Yes, god forbid the West ever pay for it's crimes.
Caught red-handed trying to justify them.

FYI, these attacks are not "the West" paying for "it's crimes". These attacks are individuals who committed no crime against Syrians and Iraqis paying for IS's not giving a damn whether the people they take their anger out on are the same people who they feel have committed crimes against them. That's a characteristic of IS that no one in the West deserves the blame for.

Back
Top Bottom