• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Paris: Dozens Killed In Terrorist Attack

Says the one person in this thread who MOST ASSUREDLY has never read the Koran or Hadiths.

I've most likely posted this link before.
I'm sure you have. Doesn't change the fact that you've never actually read the Koran or the Hadith. Neither is reading a website that extracts context-free quotations from the Koran in order to support an anti-Muslim agenda equivalent to "Reading the Koran."

Because I have. Cover to cover. It was the third most boring thing I ever read (still not as bad as the Book of Mormon) but I read it.

I read it because I don't like to have other people spoonfeed opinions to me without having the knowledge to form one of my own. And I even talked to the Muslims I know about the passages in the Koran (which were many) that I didn't understand. I read portions of the Hadith too, (far more boring than the Book of Mormon) and got a pretty good understanding of what it's about. Most of it's pretty tame stuff; alot of ways to interpret it. Some of it is very SPECIFIC stuff that was written about very specific people at a specific time.

I can't speak for the Salafists, because most Western Muslims find them to be psychotic weirdos whose doctrinal stance is extremely hard to understand, much less make consistent with the Koran and Sunnah. It's enough to know that even the Salafists think that ISIS is fucking crazy.

I've read the xtian babble from cover to cover twice. Actually, I enjoyed it hence my reading it twice. The book of morons, once, Scientology, once, but I was reading it as it was supposed to be read. As SF. And up to the first 100 pages or so of a koran. That's all I could take without pulling off what little hair I have left. The hadiths are even worst if that's all possible.

From those 100 or so pages that I did read, I came to the conclusion that it's somewhat plagiarised O/T material, but done in such a way as to try hide that fact. Mo, or whoever is responsible for that rubbish, tried to superimpose his new " revelations" over the much older material of the O/T.

I've read the xtian babble from cover to cover twice. Actually, I enjoyed it hence my reading it twice. The book of morons, once, Scientology, once, but I was reading it as it was supposed to be read. As SF. And up to the first 100 pages or so of a koran. That's all I could take without pulling off what little hair I have left. The hadiths are even worst if that's all possible.

From those 100 or so pages that I did read, I came to the conclusion that it's somewhat plagiarised O/T material, but done in such a way as to try hide that fact. Mo, or whoever is responsible for that rubbish, tried to superimpose his new " revelations" over the much older material of the O/T.

Actually, most of it is "plagiarized" from coptic/gnostic Christianity and Zoroastrianism; the O/T material was injected primarily by Christian influence. It's unlikely Mohammed ever actually READ the Bible (most traditions say he was illiterate) but was actually very fond fond of popular Christian mythology and folklore. This is why the Koran makes a lot of references to things that early Christians believed that weren't actually IN the bible. For example: the story about Jesus, as a child, making birds out of clay and breathing life into them. Mohammed also believed, among other things, that Mary Magdalene was one of the twelve apostles, that Jesus went to hell on a rescue mission after he died on the cross, and that King Solomon was, in addition to a shrewd ruler, a sorcerer, a demon slayer, and an all-around badass. Mohammed tells a story about a journey to heaven that is basically adapted straight out of gnostic Christian legends (complete with the flaming tongues and the four-headed archangels) and there's a part with a time-traveling Jinn who claims to be the once and future tutor of Jesus, David and Moses, in that exact order (that particular story was so popular with modern Muslims that it shows up EVERYWHERE in Islamic folklore and fiction; the Jinn of the Arabian Knights are are a direct reference to this. If you ever watch Disney's "Aladdin," here's the back-story: The Genie is actually a fallen angel, and it was Solomon who stuck his ass in that lamp in the first place).

Which, if the entire book had been like that, it would have been an entertaining read. Unfortunately, a HUGE amount of text in the Koran consists of Muhammed giving long-winded diatribes against the Quaraish, his Jewish hecklers, or whoever the fuck he happened to be pissed at when he started talking. His follows transcribed all of it -- even the stuff that, objectively, is completely irrelevant to any other context you could possibly imagine -- and codified it as scripture. And now they're stuck with it because Allah.

Still, the Koran is less boring than the Book of Mormon, but far less amusing than the Christian bible. And still neither of them are as painful to read as "Atlas Shrugged" so there's that...

Ask Zbignev Brzezinski and Jimmy Carter.

Carter has already shown he doesn't know what he's talking about--witness his stupidity with supposedly making an agreement with Hamas and then immediately having Hamas saying, "Hey, that's not what we said
!"

I don't know his national security adviser but I suspect he's no better.

You never fail to amaze me with your great wisdom. If you were half as smart as Carter you would realize you have to try to bring about peace. You would also realize you can never destroy all the people you regard as enemies and can never be sure one of them won't come and get you one of these days. The reason smart people seek peace is simply that so much more can be accomplished in a peace environment than in a back stabbing cutthroat one. You never can acknowledge that people (particularly Arabs) can change. For this to happen you have to allow it. I think you just have killing foremost in your thoughts at all times regarding Arabs. You would make a lousey diplomat...you have no understanding and believe in violence to solve problems.:thinking:

Carter has already shown he doesn't know what he's talking about--witness his stupidity with supposedly making an agreement with Hamas and then immediately having Hamas saying, "Hey, that's not what we said
!"

I don't know his national security adviser but I suspect he's no better.

You never fail to amaze me with your great wisdom. If you were half as smart as Carter you would realize you have to try to bring about peace. You would also realize you can never destroy all the people you regard as enemies and can never be sure one of them won't come and get you one of these days. The reason smart people seek peace is simply that so much more can be accomplished in a peace environment than in a back stabbing cutthroat one. You never can acknowledge that people (particularly Arabs) can change. For this to happen you have to allow it. I think you just have killing foremost in your thoughts at all times regarding Arabs. You would make a lousey diplomat...you have no understanding and believe in violence to solve problems.:thinking:

Your fanatical obsession about peace makes you not understand what's going on.

Carter said he had an agreement with Hamas--and Hamas promptly said, "No, we didn't agree to that." He was so blinded by peace he didn't pay attention to what they were actually saying. You do the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom