• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Paris: Dozens Killed In Terrorist Attack

People have never been killed for 'drawing cartoons'. They have been killed for deliberately and pointlessly insulting other people's religion, as you know. If someone kicks you in the balls, laddie, you will have objections. Think on!

Because it's important to allow the worst elements of society to control what the rest of us say and do out of fear of their reprisals. Violence and terror really are the best ways to make your point and we should always submit to the demands of those who engage in it and let those sorts of people decide what is or is not acceptable behaviour.

Thank you Tom

People have never been killed for 'drawing cartoons'. They have been killed for deliberately and pointlessly insulting other people's religion, as you know. If someone kicks you in the balls, laddie, you will have objections. Think on!

Because it's important to allow the worst elements of society to control what the rest of us say and do out of fear of their reprisals. Violence and terror really are the best ways to make your point and we should always submit to the demands of those who engage in it and let those sorts of people decide what is or is not acceptable behaviour.
But keeping drawing these stupid cartoons clearly is not working. Unless your goal is to agitate these muslim assholes into killing more people in Europe. They don't get these cartoons or french culture, if you come and cut their stupid heads off they will get it, but cartoons - no.
So this clash of cultures is not doing anybody good.

"So France will be pitiless in its response to the Islamic State militants," he said, vowing to "use all means within the law.. on every battleground here and abroad together with our allies".

And so it goes.
iSIS wants western enemies. It's getting them.

I'm interested to learn if what cooperation if any these cells get from IS. To what extent is there any command and control. Negotiations on Syria are taking place. Russian intervention is intended to strengthen Assad's negotiating position. With Russian help, the regime has lifted the siege of Aleppo at IS expense. The Kurds have also dealt IS a bow, cutting the main supply route to Mosul. Is any of this related to the Paris attacks, who knows. I would guess that progress towards political settlement in Syria would be bad for IS.

In the autocratic regimes of the ME, Islam is the only acceptable way to dissent. Add to that the use of asymmetrical warfare, a tool for the oppressed. Muslims have no lock on terrorism; theirs just receives the most publicity(and indignation).

128 dead? We kill that many in a single drone strike.

I think what we need to understand and appreciate is those who would blow themselves up to kill others. I think this understanding is key. We can destroy ISIS. We can destroy Al Qaeda, but to think another group with a new name would not emerge is very short-sighted. Perhaps we're not fighting the right enemy.

Here's the thing: when an international community develops and half of it is rich and prosperous, and the other half is in constant poverty and turmoil, the lower half is going to naturally lash out at the other half, or try to join them.

The real issue in all of this is the 'Western' world telling billions of poverty stricken people that they don't have the privilege of getting an iphone, because that means less for us.

Bottom line is if the entire global community was developed, educated, and prosperous, shit like this would be much less common, environment be damned.

I think what we need to understand and appreciate is those who would blow themselves up to kill others. I think this understanding is key. We can destroy ISIS. We can destroy Al Qaeda, but to think another group with a new name would not emerge is very short-sighted. Perhaps we're not fighting the right enemy.
What is there to understand? It's brainwashing, they believe they are getting 72 virgins, I mean really 100% believe that.

- - - Updated - - -

Bottom line is if the entire global community was developed, educated, and prosperous, shit like this would be much less common, environment be damned.
Who disagrees with that?

Here's the thing: when an international community develops and half of it is rich and prosperous, and the other half is in constant poverty and turmoil, the lower half is going to naturally lash out at the other half, or try to join them.

The real issue in all of this is the 'Western' world telling billions of poverty stricken people that they don't have the privilege of getting an iphone, because that means less for us.

Many terrorists come from Kuwait: one of the prosperous places per capita in the world. According to your theory, how rich would a person need to be to eliminate his desire to blow people up?

Here's the thing: ...

Bottom Line is when pigs fly...

I am baffled at the weenie posturing and whiny responses, the trembling and shaking at the very thought of the targets of terrorism standing on their legs and violently resisting.

Granted, this comports with ISIS desires...but I am assuming you (and others) are not ISIS fellow-travelers...or am I incorrect?

What is there to understand? It's brainwashing, they believe they are getting 72 virgins, I mean really 100% believe that.
I always assumed there was more to it than that. So that's all you have to do is tell them they're gonna get lots of pussy in the afterlife and they're all on board with it? I thought Bin Laden's list of grievances back in '98 had something to do with it.

You wish, I think average is probably half of a dozen per strike.

Not thinking of body/missile ratio.

http://www.newsweek.com/november-dr...en-children-reportedly-killed-pakistan-288448

In the six attempts it took to kill Qari Hussain, for example, 128 people were killed, including 13 children.

They were trying to kill a terrorist, and how many of these 128 were terrorists, just with different from "Qari Hussain" name?

I always assumed there was more to it than that. So that's all you have to do is tell them they're gonna get lots of pussy in the afterlife and they're all on board with it?
Pretty much, of course the hard part is to make them really believe that, but that's what Madreses are for.
I thought Bin Laden's list of grievances back in '98 had something to do with it.
plus that, yes, but the key element is 72 virgins.

NEWS - One attacker held a Syrian Passport. Three attackers resided in an apartment in Belgium. One is said to be a French National. Presumed attacker accomplice picked up by German Police, carrying AKs, grenades, explosives in his car.

I am baffled at the weenie posturing and whiny responses, the trembling and shaking at the very thought of the targets of terrorism standing on their legs and violently resisting.

You start by picturing the other side as consisting of people who are as sincere as we are, instead of a pack of devils. Unless...

Granted, this comports with ISIS desires...but I am assuming you (and others) are not ISIS fellow-travelers...or am I incorrect?

Incorrect. IS wishes to provoke conflict. They are as contemptuous of weenie posturing and whiny responses as you are. The biggest threat to them is widespread Islam of a more tolerant nature.

Many terrorists come from Kuwait: one of the prosperous places per capita in the world. According to your theory, how rich would a person need to be to eliminate his desire to blow people up?

Where they're from is irrelevant, where they have links to is relevant.

There's a reason why you don't see a lot of Canadians committing acts of terror. Because we're all too tired after kinky sex and a big meal.

Now if only the Western world wasn't led by a bunch of sociopathic politicians who don't know what they're doing or what's actually happening.

Where they're from is irrelevant, where they have links to is relevant.

There's a reason why you don't see a lot of Canadians committing acts of terror. Because we're all too tired after kinky sex and a big meal.

Now if only the Western world wasn't led by a bunch of sociopathic politicians who don't know what they're doing or what's actually happening.

It's funny, it seems to me that most on the left blame the west for Jihadists, most on the right blame the Jihadists for the Jihadists. Maybe we need to go deeper?

Paint anyone who disagrees with you as an "ISIS fellow-traveler", nice scare tactic.

Why do some people focus on "US Intervention in the Middle East" as a way to justify this horrible act? Yes, the US intervened in the region, sponsored unjust governments and started wars. That is wrong, but it is entirely politically and economically motivated. This is religiously motivated. I spell it for you: R E L I G I O N. Now you know where the problem is. You wanna know how I am so sure if it? Because there is another region down south from the US that saw a lot of politically motivated aggression from the "West". It is called Latin America, where the US has started several wars and violently changed regimes. Yet you do not see Guatemalans blowing themselves in DC or Chileans gunning down people in L.A. Gee I wonder why?

Back
Top Bottom