• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pastor on Hollywood Leading Men: “These Guys Are a Bunch of Sodomite Faggots”

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
at the 32:32 mark
We talk about men with their posters and… whatever they get into on the Internet. But you know what? It’s a two-way street with that, too, when women are idolizing these stupid faggoty actors. Right? And saying, like, “Ohh… Brad Pitt… Ohh… Johnny Depp… Ohh… Tom Cruise… Justin Beiber…” [Laughs] I just had to throw that in. “Keanu Reeves… Ohh… Leonardo Dicaprio… Ohh…” You know, shut up. These guys are a bunch of sodomite faggots… You’re idolizing him for being so manly… he’s an actor! He’s acting manly ’cause he’s an actor! In real life, he’s a queer, he’s a sodomite, he doesn’t even like women!

Ahhhh. There's the Phelps-type pick up I needed. Thought I'd never see the like again.

Still wont see it. Damned if I click the video. How'd you make it 30+ minutes in I don't know.

Uhhhhhh...obsessing to this degree on the sexual activities of others???? Guarantee you there's a back story, and these guys are so overt and irrepressible that at some point his congregation's gonna get a shot of it.

Pretty soon, this guy's going to be caught with:

1) his pants down in a park
2) a gay prostitute
3) his gay boyfriend going to the media

I think that this guy is either a tranny chaser who kills them afterwards, or he engages in no gay sex at all.

But seriously, there must be some gay haters who just hate them without any attraction.

This particular man is a very evil narcissist. So he may be projecting his personal pure disgust (and truly zero attraction) of gay sex onto the whole world and think, if I don't like it and I am a "prophet of god", then anyone who is gay or tolerant of them is from the devil.

I think that the gotcha game of catching anti-gay preacher and politicians has a negative side when you meet truly gay hating totally not gay people.

The hate alone is the problem, not the hypocrisy. That should be the focus.

I wouldn’t be able to watch all that, mostly since he’s just a stupid nobody deliberately living in another world from most contemporary people.

But from the 4-5 minutes that I did see, it became evident that his sermon is more about misogyny than about his homophobia. The momentary gay-bashing was a tool for that other purpose. He was saying in effect, “Don’t let men in the media distract from the servility that you women owe to me and other husbands, they’re not even real men anyway”.

If someone can stomach watching it all, then tell me if I’m wrong. But the main thing he’s on about isn’t gay-bashing, it’s misogyny.

If he's caught at something, it's more likely to be wife-beating.

Right before I clicked on this I noticed something. I replied just to keep the devil away from us:

Replies: 6
Views: 66

:eek:

I am often befuddled when I read about a man who opposes gay sex and yet spends an aweful lot of time thinking about what gay men do with each other's penises.

I could not make it through the full hour either, but I got about half-way before my ears started bleeding. You are correct. It is far more of a misogynist rant than a homophobic one. He says men should love their wives, but women must revere their husband ( not love, revere) then defines revere as "fear". Another gem before I had to quit listening was his "rule" that husbands must be the bread winners, but he also goes on to say its because whoever earns the money makes the rules.

His rant about "queers" was really wackadoodle given that the majority of this short section was talking about Johnny Depp - a man who has been faithful to his female partner far longer than most Christian marriages last. :p

He also proudly proclaims that the bible's rules for marriage are a double-standard - that it is the husband's job to rebuke his wife but not the other way around.

Sick sick sick

I could not make it through the full hour either, but I got about half-way before my ears started bleeding. You are correct. It is far more of a misogynist rant than a homophobic one. He says men should love their wives, but women must revere their husband ( not love, revere) then defines revere as "fear". Another gem before I had to quit listening was his "rule" that husbands must be the bread winners, but he also goes on to say its because whoever earns the money makes the rules.

His rant about "queers" was really wackadoodle given that the majority of this short section was talking about Johnny Depp - a man who has been faithful to his female partner far longer than most Christian marriages last. :p

He also proudly proclaims that the bible's rules for marriage are a double-standard - that it is the husband's job to rebuke his wife but not the other way around.

Sick sick sick

Of course. The biblical view is that a woman should stand in relation to her husband as a man stands in relation to god. Swap the words out and you see the point: "the bible says men should love their wives, but women must revere their husband ( not love, revere) then defines revere as "fear"." "it is god's job to rebuke man but not the other way around."

If he's misogynistic, it's because the bible tells him to be so.

Yep,
“These Guys Are a Bunch of Sodomite Faggots”

...just like all so called Pastors and Priests are immoral child molesting perverts.

Wait... men should be the bread winners. But he is a Pastor. They don't make jack. He's a fucking satanist!

Wait... men should be the bread winners. But he is a Pastor. They don't make jack. He's a fucking satanist!

It depends on the church. Some pastors are well compensated.

what psychological profile do you give this guy?

What makes him tick?

what psychological profile do you give this guy?

What makes him tick?

How does this sound?

A basic insecurity over his own masculinity, compounded by a feeling of inadequacy before and awesome God. This is a true reflection of his relationship with his earthly father, who would not be satisfied with any achievement and with his mother who constantly reminded him of his shortcomings. There is a certain strain of Protestant ethic which holds pride to be the deadliest sin, and thus pride must be pounded out of a child from a very early age. This means no effort is sufficient or satisfactory. Some flaw must be found and examined, without regard to the rest of the work. This is a mean and miserable life for a child and produces an adult incapable of feeling truly accomplished in their own work and leads them to see no good in others, as well. This is particularly a problem for Christians, who have been commanded to "love one another," as it creates large classes of "unlovable" people, themselves included.

This creates an irresolvable conflict, where the person believes they are no better than those they despise and just as deserving of punishment. This leads them into forbidden behavior(soliciting prostitutes of either sex is most common, sex with staff or church members is second), which will be discovered and properly punished. Once is seldom enough, because the rules state that a penitent person must be forgiven and brought back into the fold. This does nothing to convince the person of their own value, so the cycle begins again.

Back
Top Bottom