• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pastor says gay people kill themselves as they “know it’s wrong” and “hate doing it”

I'd say suicide is more to do with harassment and avulse by so called moral Christians than anything lese.
I haven't got published statistics, but I've been really out for a long time. I've got a lot of experience with self destructive behavior by gays, particularly men. It's totally this.

Being taught since before you have any inkling of sexual attraction that gays are abominations who may as well drink and drug and screw themselves to death, because they're going to Hell anyway, has a way of psychologically damaging young people. Society has changed a good deal in the last few decades.
However, that Christian teaching is still very much out there.
Tom

OOOH, I bet that pastor also "thinks it's wrong" and "hates doing it." wink, wink.

OOOH, I bet that pastor also "thinks it's wrong" and "hates doing it." wink, wink.
Kinda like Ted Haggard.

A multimillionaire Christian preacher who probably felt terrible while he was banging the gay prostitute and doing meth, while his wife and kids waited at home. Doubtless spending all that money that his "flock" provided.

He and his family and his church are all so Christian I can't stand it.
Tom

It occurs to me that i do not obey hundreds of the biblical commandments.
I have told lies.
I may have seethed kids in their mother's milk. I sure haven't taken steps to prevent it in the home, or asked waiters if the staff took such steps. And if any groceries are Kosher it's sheer coincidence.
My house does not have a knee-high parapet.
I do not love God, fear Him, or sanctify His name.
I embarrass others.
I have shaved my beard.
I have withheld food from my wife (I asked THREE TIMES if she wanted fries. THESE are MY fries.)

And so on, and so on....and never once have i noticed that in doing these Wrong-By-God things have i felt the tiniest urge to kill my self* in penance. Weird.

*Full disclosure, after the fries incident, she probably would have made it look like a suicide. But, Toblerone to the rescue.

We need more gay sex in this world.

There's a quota?
Damn.

I thought we needed either more tolerance of gay sex, or a LOT more 'who give's a rat's'. Like B- blood types. More, less, not my problem, really.

I've asked the question before, and never gotten much response.
Suppose increasing homosexuality is God's way reducing the human birth rate. Are you ignoring God's will by denouncing it?

"8 billion and growing! Oy Vey! Enough with the be fruitful and multiply already."

Tom

I've asked the question before, and never gotten much response.
Suppose increasing homosexuality is God's way reducing the human birth rate. Are you ignoring God's will by denouncing it?

"8 billion and growing! Oy Vey! Enough with the be fruitful and multiply already."

Tom
The Bible does say that it's better for a man and woman not to marry, if they can at all restrain themselves from doing so:

"Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion. To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband."

I've always thought that clarification at the end was a pretty damning one for the Biblical literalist crowd, by the way. But that's neither here nor there. They do not pride themselves on reason, they who cling to the bare word of the text for wisdom.

Back
Top Bottom