• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pat Robertson: Atheist women were likely raped, and that’s why they reject Jesus

A couple observations:

The woman who wrote in claims her atheist co-worker was "openly hostile at the mere mention of god". Who here actually believes that she was openly "hostile"? Christians are quick to label atheists as angry/hostile even when all we do is say "Sorry, I don't believe in god."

And then of course there's the old "Nobody could possible feel this way about my religion unless something bad happened to them."

The woman who wrote in claims her atheist co-worker was "openly hostile at the mere mention of god". Who here actually believes that she was openly "hostile"?
Oh, I do.

My problem is with the 'mere mention of god.'
the viewer tried to “bring her to Jesus.”
In my experience, people don't 'merely mention god' when they're trying to bring me to Jesus. It gets pretty annoying, pretty quickly, to be told i'd get better parking spaces if i asked Jesus to help. After a few of those 'merely mention god' moments, i make it pretty clear that i don't want to hear any more about how my life would be better if i only allowed Jesus to be part of it.

So, yeah, i think the atheist was openly hostile, but i think the viewer brought it on herself.

the viewer tried to “bring her to Jesus.”

This is the same quote that jumped out at me. It was no "mere mention", it was full on prostilyzing that brought on the hostility. It never ceases to amaze me that these religious types can't comprehend that.

I think a better answer than Pat's would be to mention Titus 3:10.
After you mention Jesus twice, if they're still not interested, shut up about God. At least, that's what a believer on Christain Forums told me it means...

For some reason, some Christians automatically equate Atheists as being like African Americans, as in always being angry and inhospitable to other people.

Stereotyping is just so wrong.

Ya, I hate the way that all Christians stereotype people all the time. :mad:

I propose a new term: "indignation engine".

Pat Robinson is an example of this. As other indignation engines, he's a notorious loon whom everyone knows is beyond straight-jacket-level mental incompetence, but nonetheless are fodder for news articles precisely because they will get many people indignant and will click-view-comment to the new$ $ource outlet$' delight.

As obnoxious and disrespectful as he is I wonder how he was able to succeed in the business world so well.

That's obviously false, as women are getting raped left and right these days, yet the increase in atheist women is minimal. FAIL.

As obnoxious and disrespectful as he is I wonder how he was able to succeed in the business world so well.

An utter lack of ethics, decency, and empathy for others are assets toward profit, which is determined by taking as much as you can from others while giving as little as possible back. That is true in most markets, but probably none more so than when the product you are selling is religion (i.e., hate, fear, and intolerance).

Does this mean that if Pat did time for tax evasion or whatever, and ended up with a huge horny cellmate named Fergus, he'd get the Jesus fucked out of him? I take it on faith that he would.

Does this mean that if Pat did time for tax evasion or whatever, and ended up with a huge horny cellmate named Fergus, he'd get the Jesus fucked out of him? I take it on faith that he would.

Ya, rape is funny. It amuses me when people I disagree with end up getting raped. :D

Ya, rape is funny. It amuses me when people I disagree with end up getting raped. :D
IH didn't say rape. He said 'fucked.' That could be consensual. Maybe a little time in close quarters could allow Pat to own up to his own hidden desires. Why does American sex always mean 'rape' to you Canadians? I mean, besides the obvious, of course.

I read of a woman once that was raped and also hostile towards Christians. Of course, Christians made a point of telling her that her rape was part of God's plan, so they got what they deserved.

IH didn't say rape. He said 'fucked.' That could be consensual. Maybe a little time in close quarters could allow Pat to own up to his own hidden desires. Why does American sex always mean 'rape' to you Canadians? I mean, besides the obvious, of course.

If that is the case, Christians should stop procreating immediately, as fucking could cause them to reject Jesus. ;)

I read of a woman once that was raped and also hostile towards Christians. Of course, Christians made a point of telling her that her rape was part of God's plan, so they got what they deserved.
...and if the rapist found Jesus, he'd get to go to heaven too. Hmm... Modified Pascal's Wager, "Wouldn't it be best to ignore Christianity until the last second? Get the benefits of heathenism and spiritual purity!"

How do you know Pat Robertson is lying ...... His lips are moving.​

Why does anyone, aside from entertainment purposes, care what this jag-off says?

How do you know Pat Robertson is lying ...... His lips are moving.​

Why does anyone, aside from entertainment purposes, care what this jag-off says?

Because he has influence in the U.S. and people believe whatever he says, and therefore he spreads ignorance, not to mention fear.

Back
Top Bottom