• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pat Robertson says aliens are impossible because God just wouldn’t allow it

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
http://www.salon.com/2015/02/25/pat...lore_mars_earth_is_gods_experiment_with_life/

On Wednesday, Pat Robertson spent time on “The 700 Club” telling NASA not to waste money going to Mars or searching for life beyond Earth. Why? Well because in Robertson’s non-expert opinion there’s nothing out there in space besides “barren rocks” and “gaseous balls.”

“This planet is where God has got an experiment in what he wants to have accomplished,” Robertson stated. “But somehow, people want to spend a lot of money to go to Mars!

Yes, I've heard Christians voice opposition to Star Wars because it propagates the heretical concept of life on other planets.

If the first alien creature to land on Earth skitters out of his spacecraft on his spindly crab legs and says, "Has anyone ever told you what the power of Jesus Christ can do in your life?" a lot of people will have to rethink a lot of things.

If the first alien creature to land on Earth skitters out of his spacecraft on his spindly crab legs and says, "Has anyone ever told you what the power of Jesus Christ can do in your life?" a lot of people will have to rethink a lot of things.

No, he'd probably be lynched under the cover of darkness as an abomination.

No, he'd probably be lynched under the cover of darkness as an abomination.

A profit is without honor at his own landing.

The Klingon Jesus would have lynched Pilate...

But i would like to see a Vulcan argument for young Earth creationism....

I think Christains would rather easily explain why Jesus didn't appear to other planets....that's our job. Same way they think it's okay that Jesus only appeared in one backwater district, his followers have to spread his word, so it'd be part of the established pattern if aliens have to contact Earth to get the Good Word.

http://www.salon.com/2015/02/25/pat...lore_mars_earth_is_gods_experiment_with_life/

On Wednesday, Pat Robertson spent time on “The 700 Club” telling NASA not to waste money going to Mars or searching for life beyond Earth. Why? Well because in Robertson’s non-expert opinion there’s nothing out there in space besides “barren rocks” and “gaseous balls.”

“This planet is where God has got an experiment in what he wants to have accomplished,” Robertson stated. “But somehow, people want to spend a lot of money to go to Mars!

To which God replied, "Pat Robertson is an idiot. The human experiment was a miserable failure. I kicked those uppity mortals out of my lab at Eden, and moved the whole thing to Tau Ceti. When they kept bothering me with their prayers and supplications, I even tried drowning the entire lot of them, but somehow some guy named Noah got wind of my plan and they survived. I just decided to ignore them for the last several thousand years, as my experiment with Moss People is coming along rather nicely. They just kind of sit there on their rocks all day, photosynthesizing and thinking on their own. They don't ask me for anything, I'm not even sure if they figured out I am here yet. They are pretty damn peaceful as well, probably because I didn't give them thumbs to grip weapons with. Giving humans thumbs was probably my worst mistake, but you live and you learn."

The funny thing is that it is extremely likely a counterpart of his somewhere else in the Universe said the exact same thing.

Pat Robertson is an example of a miracle of God. He has been braindead for years, but he can talk and beg for money as usual.

This is very similar to an argument once made by a pope: that scientific laws are an impossibility because God. That pope was killed by the law of gravity when a lightning strike caused a roof to fall on him.

Pat Robertson is an object lesson in what happens to the human mind when one is convinced everything one believes is true and factual. This fate is not reserved for fundamentalistsw, alone.

That's exactly what an alien sent to spy on us Earthlings would say...

When undeniable facts don't fit God, change God to fit. If God can't be changed, then ignore those pesky facts.

I take solace in the knowledge that I'm created in the image of God -- no matter what the crab people of beta Arcturus say...

Back
Top Bottom