• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pennsylvania House Special Election

Originally posted by Jimmy Higgins
My understanding is that is a legit beef for small banks and Dodd Frank. But $250 billion in assets seems a bit high for a "small" bank.

Yes. BB&T, SunTrust Banks, Key Bank, and American Express are all "small banks" by this definition. Poor bastards.

Originally posted by Jimmy Higgins
My understanding is that is a legit beef for small banks and Dodd Frank. But $250 billion in assets seems a bit high for a "small" bank.

Yes. BB&T, SunTrust Banks, Key Bank, and American Express are all "small banks" by this definition. Poor bastards.
I was checking out our local banks like Huntington (who recently merged with FirstMerit) and KeyBank, and they have assets greater than $100 billion, which sounds like a lot of money, but I'm not a politician getting paybacks, so who am I to judge.

According to this link, 15 banks have more than $200 billion in assets. Among those, they hold onto no less than $7.6 trillion in assets. Obviously, the big problem we had in '08 was that the massive banks were failing (yes, hundreds of small banks failed, but that didn't really matter... TARP wasn't passed because tiny banks were failing).

An interesting metric to measure in Pennsylvania regarding Trump support.

Trump won this district by 20%. Lamb won by 0.3%, so that is about a 20% change. About 226,000 people voted in this special election. So even with this lower number relative to the General Election in 2016, 20% would represent 45,200 turned out voters that Trump lost support or trust with.

This number is greater than his margin of victory in the state of PA in 2016, ~44,000.

An interesting metric to measure in Pennsylvania regarding Trump support.

Trump won this district by 20%. Lamb won by 0.3%, so that is about a 20% change. About 226,000 people voted in this special election. So even with this lower number relative to the General Election in 2016, 20% would represent 45,200 turned out voters that Trump lost support or trust with.

This number is greater than his margin of victory in the state of PA in 2016, ~44,000.

Yabut yabut yabut ... Lamb won by being Trump. He's a Gun-totin' right-to-life union-busting Republican. :hysterical:
(Never mind those $13m worth of ads telling you that he is a Pelosi clone - turns out those were just ... wrong)

That's how you turn a loss into a win... If you can't reverse the actual outcome, you find a way to declare yourself part of the winning team.
It's just a variation of the "meant to do that" defense.

Back
Top Bottom