• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Per 18 U.S. Code § 2381, trumpo is a traitor, as is most of the rethuglican party.

phands

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Hardcore Atheist
Here's the text for Code 2381...

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 807; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(2)(J), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

So the list of traitors is at least....

The orange shitgibbon and his entire immediate family, perhaps with the exception of shit-for-brains Melanoma and the 10 year old with the poisonous father.
Most of the White House press apparatus - Spicer, Melted-face Sanders, the horrendous CreepyAnn Cuntway.
Manafort.
Cohen.
Pence.
Ryan.
McConnel.
All 8 of those scumbag religicans who met with Russians last week.
Bannon.
Gorka.
Hicks.
Haley.
Most Fox News pundits.
Nunez.

....more?

They need to update the consequences of committing treason:

and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000 or shall find themselves the subject of snitty tweets and internet posts.

How is "enemies" defined above?

I guess you'd have to ask the people who wrote it in 1948, and those who updated it in 1994.

However, I would be willing to bet that Russia and North Korea, and some of those other dictatorships trumpo worships all qualify as enemies of the US.

The discussions around Cambridge Analytica would be more spirited! Breitbart advocates for the destruction of the US, so I'm pretty sure that's treason. Faux News, while being risible, is now parroting the Mango Moron in deciding Russia isn't so bad, so that feels treasonous. The NRA seems to have taken money from Russia...I think they need investigating.

How is "enemies" defined above?

I guess you'd have to ask the people who wrote it in 1948, and those who updated it in 1994.

However, I would be willing to bet that Russia and North Korea, and some of those other dictatorships trumpo worships all qualify as enemies of the US.

The discussions around Cambridge Analytica would be more spirited! Breitbart advocates for the destruction of the US, so I'm pretty sure that's treason. Faux News, while being risible, is now parroting the Mango Moron in deciding Russia isn't so bad, so that feels treasonous. The NRA seems to have taken money from Russia...I think they need investigating.

I'm not usually in favor of the death penalty, but in this case my ideology would probably yield to the urgent importance of the matter.

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 807; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(2)(J), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

The orange shitgibbon and his entire immediate family, perhaps with the exception of shit-for-brains Melanoma and the 10 year old with the poisonous father.
Most of the White House press apparatus - Spicer, Melted-face Sanders, the horrendous CreepyAnn Cuntway.
Manafort.
Cohen.
Pence.
Ryan.
McConnel.
Bannon.
Gorka.
Hicks.
Haley.
Most Fox News pundits.
Nunez.

....more?

Sure, Republicans are all either traitors or people who support traitors, but liberals are exactly as bad because they want to abolish ICE just because they are a threat to our rights and the rule of law! (Oh, and the toddler concentration camp thing, but whatever.)

Manafort.
Cohen.
Pence.
Ryan.
McConnel.
Bannon.
Gorka.
Hicks.
Haley.
Most Fox News pundits.
Nunez.

....more?
This post demonstrates how shaky and vaperous U.S. law can be. It is all bluster and no muster. Trump should be prosecuted for prosecuting wars for which he has no congressional declaration. He should be prosecuted for lying to his people about Mexicans. But our law and our pussy right wing freaks will bend a knee and thank God Trump kept the Democrats at bay.

Long story short, they'll never get Trump on treason.

You can read the text of the cases if you want. I'm not going to (see massive waste of time). There were 377 notes of decision relating to the statute on my first shot at it on Westlaw. I mention that because while a statute may look pretty plain, it's often impossible to understand its application unless you read a good number cases where it's at issue. Have fun!

47.Combination and conspiracy, levying war 
Also listed as Levying war - Combination and conspiracy 

If war be actually levied, all citizens who perform any part, however minute, or however remote from scene of action, and who are actually leagued in general conspiracy are considered traitors.  Tomoya Kawakita v. U.S., U.S.Cal. 1952, 72 S.Ct. 950, 343 U.S. 717, 96 L.Ed. 1249, rehearing denied 73 S.Ct. 5, 344 U.S. 850, 97 L.Ed. 660.

To conspire to levy war and actually to levy war, are distinct offenses.  Ex parte Bollman, U.S.Dist.Col. 1807, 4 Cranch 75, 8 U.S. 75, 2 L.Ed. 554.

A consultation or conspiracy to levy war is not an overt act, within the definition in U.S.C.A.Const. Art. 3, § 3, cl. 1.  In re Charge to Grand Jury, C.C.N.Y.1861, 30 F.Cas. 1034, No. 18271.

“A mere conspiracy to subvert by force the government of the United States is not treason.  * * * To conspire to levy war, and actually to levy war, are distinct offenses.  If a body of people conspire and meditate an insurrection to resist or oppose the laws of the United States by force they are only guilty of a high misdemeanor.”  In re Charge to Grand Jury, C.C.N.Y.1861, 30 F.Cas. 1032, 23 Law Rep. 597, No. 18270.

War must be actually levied, and no consultation or conspiracy to subvert the government or laws, however atrocious the offense, can amount to treason.  U.S. v. Hoxie, C.C.Vt.1808, 26 F.Cas. 397, No. 15407.

Levying war against the United States by persons however combined and confederated, even though successful in establishing their actual authority in several states, is treason.  Keppel v. Petersburg R. Co., C.C.Va.1868, 14 F.Cas. 357, No. 7722.  Treason Key Number 5

The court are of opinion that a combination or conspiracy to levy war against the United States is not treason unless combined with an attempt to carry such combination or conspiracy into execution;  some actual force or violence must be used in pursuance of such design to levy war;  but that it is altogether immaterial whether the force used is sufficient to effectuate the object--any force connected with the intention will constitute the crime of levying war.  Case of Fries, C.C.Pa.1800, 9 F.Cas. 924, No. 5127.
“No war can be levied without a combination * * * which must necessarily constitute a part, though not the whole, of the offense.”  U.S. v. Fries, C.C.Pa.1799, 9 F.Cas. 826, 3 U.S. 515, 3 Dall. 515, 1 L.Ed. 701, No. 5126.

Sure, Republicans are all either traitors or people who support traitors, but liberals are exactly as bad because they want to abolish ICE just because they are a threat to our rights and the rule of law! (Oh, and the toddler concentration camp thing, but whatever.)

As far as I could see, ICE were doing a fine job before trumpo and his malevolent henchman Sessions screwed things up. ICE doesn't need abolition, just some fixing.

Are you trying to say the camps for kids don't exist?

Meeting with them isn't aiding them. It's quite possible to meet with enemies.

You'll need to show aiding. While I think it exists I don't see any smoking guns.

Meeting with them isn't aiding them. It's quite possible to meet with enemies.

You'll need to show aiding. While I think it exists I don't see any smoking guns.

That's why conspiracy is the go-to here (conspiring with a foreign nation with respect to aid in an election--or whatever the terminology is). The idea that he didn't know about the Kushner/Manafort/Whatshisface meeting with the Russians is so fucking absurd it's not worth entertaining. You don't get that many high level campaign people in the same room at the same time without Trump not knowing about it and approving of it. He's part of the conspiracy:

An agreement to commit an illegal act with the intent to fulfill the illegal object of that act, with an act to affect the object of the agreement (something close to that). Further, each conspirator is liable for all crimes in furtherance of or as the natural consequence of the conspiracy. So it's not like the orange idiot can say, "I wasn't there" because that doesn't matter. If I agree with you to commit a bank robbery, supply you with a gun and a getaway car, but don't actually engage in the act of the armed robbery, I'm still guilty of armed robbery.

So pretending for a moment that we live in a nation where laws are applied equally to all people, Trump would be beyond fucked. He'd be super-fucked; fitted for an orange jumpsuit, stuck in a cell (just ask Manafort), and awaiting sentencing or trial if no deal was forthcoming.

So yeah: the Rusher thing is all about conspiracy, not treason.

As for whatever might ongoing, e.g., failing to protect the nation against ongoing, well known threats due to whatever reasons, we'll just have to wait and see how that turns out.

You people are cray cray.

05-collusion-map.jpg

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

They need to update the consequences of committing treason:

and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000 or shall find themselves the subject of snitty tweets and internet posts.

Speaking of Internet posts, don't we need to move a bunch of this stuff to the Trump Derangement Subforum?

Anyone really believe that the orange scumbag isn't a traitor after today's defense of Putin and attack on the NATO?

I wonder if the emetic cheetoh's gift for Putin is Alaska....?

Anyone really believe that the orange scumbag isn't a traitor after today's defense of Putin and attack on the NATO?

I wonder if the emetic cheetoh's gift for Putin is Alaska....?

I'm not sure if he's actually a traitor or just very easily manipulated.

I'm sure he's a traitor. He always accuses others of what he is doing.

Back
Top Bottom