• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Playboy magazines

hurtinbuckaroo

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
laissez le bon temps rouler
I made a fascinating archeological discovery last week. My in-laws are preparing to move into an assisted living development, and my wife and her sister are helping them downsize the mountain of crap they've collected over the years, some of which was stored in the sister's attic. Wife brought some things home to evaluate and possibly sell, but she also brought home some of her dad's cache of Playboy magazines, covering 1990 and 1992. I perused the 1992s in search of interesting articles (found an interview with Vonnegut, among others), and then looked on eBay to see if any were worth selling. We might be able to get $15 for the Pamela Anderson "spread".

The 1990s were wrapped very neatly and carefully in kraft paper for storage (who does this???), so I decided to check eBay before unwrapping. Lo and behold, there is one that is fairly valuable, regularly selling for about $50. But not because of the centerfold. Oh, no, I'm not that lucky. This volume is sought after because the cover photo features the one and only Fuckface Von Clownstick, approximately 100 pounds lighter, but with essentially the same hair.

I haven't told my wife about this, because she would make me burn it and then bring in an exorcist, just in case. So it's sitting in our basement until I have the time to list it and sell it to some MAGA cult member. The best thing about this is that I will be taking that money away from some moron who would probably have donated it to Numb Nuts' legal fund. Just doing my part.

I made a fascinating archeological discovery last week. My in-laws are preparing to move into an assisted living development, and my wife and her sister are helping them downsize the mountain of crap they've collected over the years, some of which was stored in the sister's attic. Wife brought some things home to evaluate and possibly sell, but she also brought home some of her dad's cache of Playboy magazines, covering 1990 and 1992. I perused the 1992s in search of interesting articles (found an interview with Vonnegut, among others), and then looked on eBay to see if any were worth selling. We might be able to get $15 for the Pamela Anderson "spread".

The 1990s were wrapped very neatly and carefully in kraft paper for storage (who does this???), so I decided to check eBay before unwrapping. Lo and behold, there is one that is fairly valuable, regularly selling for about $50. But not because of the centerfold. Oh, no, I'm not that lucky. This volume is sought after because the cover photo features the one and only Fuckface Von Clownstick, approximately 100 pounds lighter, but with essentially the same hair.

I haven't told my wife about this, because she would make me burn it and then bring in an exorcist, just in case. So it's sitting in our basement until I have the time to list it and sell it to some MAGA cult member. The best thing about this is that I will be taking that money away from some moron who would probably have donated it to Numb Nuts' legal fund. Just doing my part.

I wish I had a nickel for everytime I heard a guy say he checks out Playboy for the articles... yeah, sure dude. ;)

I wouldn't be too dismissive about Trump back then. He was apparently quite a catch for the ladies back in the early '90's, despite the fact that I probably just made you throw up in your mouth a little bit with that comment:

Playgirl Ran a 'Sleep with Donald Trump' Contest in 1990?

Playgirl did run a "Sleep with Donald Trump" contest, as we previously reported in 2020. We reached out for further details to Playgirl, which confirmed the magazine had run the contest in its August 1990 edition, as well as in the "Coming Up" section in its July 1990 issue.

The prize for winning the contest was a pillowcase with Trump's face on it, as well as a copy of "Donald Trump: The Man, The Myth, The Scandal" by Joel Reed:

He's tall, good-looking, about to be divorced, and rich beyond your wildest imagination. His every move makes headlines — even his bedroom moves. One woman reportedly called him "the best sex I've ever had." He's multi-billionaire Donald Trump, and now, if you win our contest, you can snuggle up and get to know him too.
It's easy! Just fill out the coupon below, and mail it in to us by August 15, 1990. We'll pick 25 winners at random (one for each million of soon-to-be-ex-wife Ivana's prenuptial agreement).
Each lucky winner will receive a pillowcase exclusively silkscreened for this PLAYGIRL contest with the Donald's face, so you can lie there whispering sweet nothings in his ear all night. If you win, you'll also get a copy of Masquerade Books' hot new read, Donald Trump: The Man, The Myth, The Scandal, by Joel Reed. You'll be able to find out whatever you want to know about America's most magnetic magnate.
Don't wait. A catch like Donald Trump won't stay out of someone's bed for long!

If you want to make some big bucks, get your hands on one of those 25 pillowcases.

Don't forget to let them know they just gave 50 bucks to a liberal atheist after you have cash-in-hand.

The taste of irony is spiced well with just a tinge of white rage.

I wish I had a nickel for everytime I heard a guy say he checks out Playboy for the articles... yeah, sure dude. ;)

I wouldn't be too dismissive about Trump back then. He was apparently quite a catch for the ladies back in the early '90's, despite the fact that I probably just made you throw up in your mouth a little bit with that comment:

Playgirl did run a "Sleep with Donald Trump" contest, as we previously reported in 2020. We reached out for further details to Playgirl, which confirmed the magazine had run the contest in its August 1990 edition, as well as in the "Coming Up" section in its July 1990 issue.

The prize for winning the contest was a pillowcase with Trump's face on it, as well as a copy of "Donald Trump: The Man, The Myth, The Scandal" by Joel Reed:

He's tall, good-looking, about to be divorced, and rich beyond your wildest imagination. His every move makes headlines — even his bedroom moves. One woman reportedly called him "the best sex I've ever had." He's multi-billionaire Donald Trump, and now, if you win our contest, you can snuggle up and get to know him too.
It's easy! Just fill out the coupon below, and mail it in to us by August 15, 1990. We'll pick 25 winners at random (one for each million of soon-to-be-ex-wife Ivana's prenuptial agreement).
Each lucky winner will receive a pillowcase exclusively silkscreened for this PLAYGIRL contest with the Donald's face, so you can lie there whispering sweet nothings in his ear all night. If you win, you'll also get a copy of Masquerade Books' hot new read, Donald Trump: The Man, The Myth, The Scandal, by Joel Reed. You'll be able to find out whatever you want to know about America's most magnetic magnate.
The “articles” remark was intended to be humorous, although I did peruse them as well as the photos. Quite a few heavy hitters were published in Playboy..

The “articles” remark was intended to be humorous, although I did peruse them as well as the photos. Quite a few heavy hitters were published in Playboy..
I was kinda wondering if maybe you were making a funny there. I had a fairly substantial collection from the (mostly) 'late '80's and early '90's, but I ditched them when I moved. I did like the Playboy Interviews, though. The only issue I kept was the January 1981 issue that featured John Lennon's interview done shortly before his death. Plus, the centerfold was :love:.

There's a stack of old Playboys around here but I do not recall the years and I know they are varied because whatever old ones my father had around got added to the collection. I know where but they're not all that easy to get to.

Back
Top Bottom