• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Police Misconduct Catch All Thread

This was in another thread.

Can't wait to see the next video of a predominantly white neighborhood getting a visit from a hostile group of police arresting every white person they see. It takes shit like the WACO massacre for that to happen not just a fucking "SUSPICIOUS PERSON". :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see the next video of a predominantly white neighborhood getting a visit from a hostile group of police arresting every white person they see. It takes shit like the WACO massacre for that to happen not just a fucking "SUSPICIOUS PERSON". :rolleyes:
I remember the siege of the Branch Davidians' house in Waco.

Right-wingers howled in outrage. It was a terrible, terrible, terrible injustice, they said, and they said that it proves what horrible left-wing ogres the Clintonites were.

I remember the siege of the Branch Davidians' house in Waco.

Right-wingers howled in outrage. It was a terrible, terrible, terrible injustice, they said, and they said that it proves what horrible left-wing ogres the Clintonites were.

And look at the support from the right when the branch dildonians were under "siege".

This was in another thread.

Cops acting like racist scum? That's not news - it happens every fucking day.

If I pointed a gun at someone's head while breaing into their home, I would go to prison for 7 to 15 years on an aggravated assault and felony trespass conviction. If the cops do it, while breaking into someone's home without a warrant, or any clear idea of what they are doing - it goes to the investigative committee who can't make a decision in two fucking years. Until this shit gets on the 9:00 o'clock news when a Judge orders the PD to release body cams, and then the Chief makes a public apology and puts a couple of the thugs on paid administrative leave for a week.

blah, the excuse is the young man opened the door so the police didn't break the law and the breaking in was just a lie. The police are allowed to lie to get information so it's up to citizens to determine on their own when the police are lying or telling the truth. :rolleyes:

As the employee of an independent adjusting firm my employer made a substantial amount of money handling police department claims for various police departments at the municipal, county and state levels in multiple states.

I have handled claims involving parole officers extorting paroles for sex, bad police shootings, excessive force, patrol officers operating burglar rings out of their patrol cars and bad police chases.

After I retied I met a patrol officer at the gym and he said that before he got to know me he saw me coming out of the lutenists office so many times that he thought I was a detective.

For any one who might be asked to come in for a police interview I recommend viewing Don't Talk to The Police, Nine Steps of the Reid Interrogation Technique, and Why Cops Beat You In the Interrogation Room.

Keep in mind that US citizens have no obligation to prove their innocence to any police authority, a police station is not a court house and the police are not members of the judiciary.

Be aware that in the supreme court case of Frazier v. Cupp, 394 U.S. 731 (1969) the court decided that cops can be dishonest in the interrogation process and use false evidence.

I suggest that one never submit to police to police questioning as a potential suspect about anything more important that a traffic ticket out side an attorney's office.

When I was a teen I never thought it was lawful for a representative of the state to lie I thought that was something the federal government could & would do. Glad I learned this early enough to be useful. Regrettably, a lot of young black youth are scared into just giving in because of those "Respect My Authority!" niggas being backed by state governments, Unions (which apparently is bad for everyone else but them), and the federal government (VIA lack of action and interest).

Edit: And Frazier v. Cupp, 394 U.S. 731 (1969) too.

blah, the excuse is the young man opened the door so the police didn't break the law and the breaking in was just a lie. The police are allowed to lie to get information so it's up to citizens to determine on their own when the police are lying or telling the truth. :rolleyes:
When I open the door and folks storm in past the threshold, that's why my hand is usually on the door sword.*

*I've never actually had to pull it off the wall; none of the folks in my threshold have ever tried to storm in. My hand is always on it if I don't recognize the caller, though.

I suggest that one never submit to police to police questioning as a potential suspect about anything more important that a traffic ticket out side an attorney's office.
Never talk to the police, unless you are the victim of a crime and need their help. Nothing you say to the police can be used in your own defense, and everything you say can be used to convict you. The police are allowed to bully you and lie to you, but if you make one false statement to the police you could end up in prison. The police are not there to be your friend or to help you, they are there to look for criminal activity, and gather evidence to help the DA convict people of crimes. I wish they would teach this in school.

Never talk to the police, unless you are the victim of a crime and need their help. Nothing you say to the police can be used in your own defense, and everything you say can be used to convict you. The police are allowed to bully you and lie to you, but if you make one false statement to the police you could end up in prison. The police are not there to be your friend or to help you, they are there to look for criminal activity, and gather evidence to help the DA convict people of crimes. I wish they would teach this in school.
Depends on which school you go to and who it is there teaching you.

Pretty sure everyone learns that at school around where I live. The people teaching it are usually the upperclassmen to the lower.

The charges Cage faced are known by police critics, defense attorneys and some federal investigators as “cover charges.” Deputies can use these offenses — typically resisting arrest, battery of an officer and flight from an officer — to arrest people they have assaulted, experts say. The charges, which are sometimes used in combination with other offenses, allow officers to cover up their use of excessive force and help shield the department from civil liability, according to civil rights attorneys. Because there is often no other evidence save for the word of the officer, and because the resisting arrest statute is written so broadly that it can be applied to almost any situation, convictions are relatively easy to secure. And once someone is convicted or enters a guilty plea, they often lose the right to sue for any alleged police brutality.

Police can arrest people for “cover charges,” like resisting arrest, to justify their use of excessive force and shield themselves from liability. In Jefferson Parish, 73% of the time someone is arrested on a “cover charge” alone, they’re Black.​

It’s like the chicken and the egg. How could anyone ever know which came first? The arrest or the resisting of the arrest?

Where I'm from (not where I'm at) if an officer is within your field of view presume you're under arrest.

~Bayshore (Union Blvd and 5th Ave Area) Long Island NY~

LAPD officer shoot and kill a deranged man in a Burlington Coat Factory shop and in the process kills a teenage girl who was in a changing room;

Los Angeles police officers shot and killed both a 14-year-old girl and an assault suspect when they opened fire inside a Burlington store in North Hollywood Thursday morning, authorities said. Los Angeles police believe the girl was struck by a stray bullet that passed through a dressing room wall.

News

Where I'm from (not where I'm at) if an officer is within your field of view presume you're under arrest.

~Bayshore (Union Blvd and 5th Ave Area) Long Island NY~
That bad? :eek:

Not sure if it's that bad now, but under Guliani it was. Officers would pick you up and take you to the police station off 5th ave to question you. Then send you on your way if they have nothing. That was a long walk to work for me (somewhere between 5 and 10 miles instead of 1 1/2 miles from my mother's apartment at that time). I'd miss half my shift and work twice as fast to stock my isle at Edwards Supermarket. I got picked up like that say once every month but questioned every night on the way to work.

Out of all that I got caught once with a dime bag of weed because I figured fuck if they gonna harass me all the damn time I may as well smoke that shit. I enjoyed it no regrets. The judge threw it out because there wasn't anything left but twigs in the bag plus first offense I guess. Can't remember. I just remember spending the whole weekend in the local jail over it. I at least had the cell to myself so there's that.

Newly released body-camera footage shows the high-speed moments before a Houston cop drove his police cruiser onto a sidewalk Dec. 4 and killed 62-year-old Michael Wayne Jackson, who was walking to his barber.
Prosecutors have yet to present the case to a grand jury, Harris County district attorney's office spokesperson Dane Schiller said Monday. On Dec. 30, the Houston Police Department released two video clips from bodycams worn by driving officer Orlando Hernandez and his partner officer Anthony Aranda. Both officers are 25 years old with fewer than five years on the force and currently are listed as active duty, according to an HPD spokesperson.
Hernandez at times drove the 6,300-pound Ford Police Intercepter between 80 and 100 mph down Reed Road, according to the cruiser's speedometer shown in a five-minute clip from his bodycam. Traffic on Reed Road is limited to 40 mph. The cops were driving with lights and siren activated to help another officer apprehend five individuals allegedly involved in a carjacking who reportedly fled on foot after a short pursuit.

Back
Top Bottom