• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Police response to N.J. mall fight sparks outrage after Black teen cuffed as white teen watches

Whoopee! It's another discussion where the compassionate have to refrain from using specific words to avoid derails over semantics.
Hallelujah! The "leftist narrative" has once again served curried scapegoats for those who love feasting on distractions!
The video shows unfair treatment no matter how you cut it. Pick your poison & Yippee Ki Yay mutha fuckas!

The only thing that was more biased than Rhea's description of events was the NAACP's narrative. To hear tell of it, the white boy was given ice cream then tucked into bed with an eiderdown quilt.
I don't usually watch these kinds of videos. Largely because they don't usually show the whole event. This one did, because the video started as the kids got rough, before the cops were even there.

It's pretty damning.
If it's also true that the black kid got arrested and not the white kid, then yeah. Those cops have some serious explaining to do, and shouldn't be on the force until they've done it.
If then.
Tom

Whoopee! It's another discussion where the compassionate have to refrain from using specific words to avoid derails over semantics.
Hallelujah! The "leftist narrative" has once again served curried scapegoats for those who love feasting on distractions!
The video shows unfair treatment no matter how you cut it. Pick your poison & Yippee Ki Yay mutha fuckas!
Cannot emphasize the utter deep truth of this enough.

Quoting to amplify.

The semantic complaints are a tactic. The goal is to stop the conversation about racism and replace it with outrage against “the left.”

Not taking your bait. This is an event that needs to be addressed, because the events are entirely consistent with racism, and not consistent with other explanations. Attempts to delay Justice and dilute it with fantasy “what if it was the black kid’s own fault, though?” hypotheticals harm our society.

The racism is the most obvious answer to this evidence. Address it head on.

Only somebody hopelessly mired in her own bias could possibly have used that language to describe how the white boy was handled by the female cop.
Quite literally only you and Derec are unable to put 2 and 2 together about this incident.

Man, I love the hills you decide to die on.
On the contrary, at least one other person has reserved judgment and said so.

I appear to be dying on a lot of hills lately, if your reports are accurate.

Now Patooka, if you mean "everyone else on this thread has the same lockstep bias that I do, and therefore I feel fully justified that I am correct", I couldn't agree more.
I think it’s just you and Derek in this thread who are marching up hills lockstep.

Cannot emphasize the utter deep truth of this enough.

Quoting to amplify.

The semantic complaints are a tactic. The goal is to stop the conversation about racism and replace it with outrage against “the left.”

Not taking your bait. This is an event that needs to be addressed, because the events are entirely consistent with racism, and not consistent with other explanations. Attempts to delay Justice and dilute it with fantasy “what if it was the black kid’s own fault, though?” hypotheticals harm our society.

The racism is the most obvious answer to this evidence. Address it head on.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious what a person's real concerns are when they are presented with a video showing a clear lack of impartiality from the police and their knee-jerk reaction is.

Another day, another "white people are bad, m-kay" thread by ZiprHead. *yawn*

It's also true that the black kid was standing up for a friend. Standing up to a bully. what an awesome reward for doing the right thing while black.
Emotive, but irrelevant.
To me the damning part is arresting the black kid and not the white one.

What may have been a momentary confusion about what was actually going on became a considered decision on the part of the cops.
Tom

I just don't get it. How is it possible for the police not to question witnesses and find out what happened? I mean, isn't that a part of their job? To take statements and gather evidence? The police clearly had a reason to arrest the teen, what was it? The fight? Then why one teen? Come on people, help the police out here.

Are you seriously arguing that it is not consistent with "bigotry/racism"? Please remember that "consistent with" is not "prove of " and it does not preclude changing one's mind when more information is revealed.
No, I am not arguing that it is not consistent with it. I should have wrote "is" where I wrote "is consistent with".
And yet, here you are whining about alleged bias of others.

Until someone comes up with more information, the blatant impartiality (i.e. bigotry) explanation seems the most appropriate to me. Feel free to withhold judgment. but casting accusations of bias when people are using the eyes and reason to come a conclusion that you do not deny is consistent seems rather bizarre.

Are you seriously arguing that it is not consistent with "bigotry/racism"? Please remember that "consistent with" is not "prove of " and it does not preclude changing one's mind when more information is revealed.
No, I am not arguing that it is not consistent with it. I should have wrote "is" where I wrote "is consistent with".
And yet, here you are whining about alleged bias of others.

Until someone comes up with more information, the blatant impartiality (i.e. bigotry) explanation seems the most appropriate to me. Feel free to withhold judgment. but casting accusations of bias when people are using the eyes and reason to come a conclusion that you do not deny is consistent seems rather bizarre.
But it is not bizarre. It is a tactic.

He wants the conversation to be about the bias of others. And not about the racism of the Cops.

That is the plan. Silence the voices pointing out racism, then claim racism does not exist.

Emotive, but irrelevant.

Irrelevant to the police?
Irrelevant to the racism accusation.
Tom

Strange, if the police are being accused of being racist, how do you counter the accusation other than offering explanations for what occurred? What I mean specifically is if the police did their job they would have found that the other teen was the aggressor, so why did they detain (not arrest because I'm sure someone is going to derail my point over that word) Z’Kye and let the bully go? I'm looking for someone to give a non-race-related explanation.

Emotive, but irrelevant.

Tom

Strange, if the police are being accused of being racist, how do you counter the accusation other than offering explanations for what occurred? What I mean specifically is if the police did their job they would have found that the other teen was the aggressor, so why did they detain (not arrest because I'm sure someone is going to derail my point over that word) Z’Kye and let the bully go? I'm looking for someone to give a non-race-related explanation.

All I'm saying is that the reason the fight started is irrelevant to the racism part.

All the rest of this post I agree with. It's exactly what makes the racism part a nearly inescapable conclusion. Why didn't the cops ask around? There were obviously a bunch of people there to ask questions about the fight.
Tom

Emotive, but irrelevant.

Tom

"It's SoCiOEcOnOmIc!"

Only somebody hopelessly mired in her own bias could possibly have used that language to describe how the white boy was handled by the female cop.

The female officer is the salient observation. She should have cuffed the White kid but clearly feared doing that and chose to assist the guy cop who didn’t need her help. Lady cops in physical situations sometimes lead to tragedy or comedy.

All I'm saying is that the reason the fight started is irrelevant to the racism part.

Ok cool, let's try this then.

The cause of the fight is important to the police's investigation (not racism) as they need to know what caused the altercation to appropriately administer the law. Upon arrival, they handcuffed one perpetrator & not the other for fighting. When (if they did so at all) the police discovered through witness accounts, that Z’Kye (the one they handcuffed) was defending a friend, and as a result had to defend himself (which is why the fight started) what would have been the appropriate way for the police to administer the law? The police detained K'kye and not the aggressor.

What is your non-racism-related reason for how the police administered the law in the incident?

My guess is the police detained Z’Kye for his safety since the aggressor is still at large. :whistle:

Ok cool, let's try this then.

The cause of the fight is important to the police's investigation (not racism) as they need to know what caused the altercation to appropriately administer the law. Upon arrival, they handcuffed one perpetrator & not the other for fighting. When (if they did so at all) the police discovered through witness accounts, that Z’Kye (the one they handcuffed) was defending a friend, and as a result had to defend himself (which is why the fight started) what would have been the appropriate way for the police to administer the law? The police detained K'kye and not the aggressor.

What is your non-racism-related reason for how the police administered the law in the incident?

My guess is the police detained Z’Kye for his safety since the aggressor is still at large. :whistle:

Did you read anything in my post besides the one sentence you quoted?

Here let me refresh your memory:
All the rest of this post I agree with. It's exactly what makes the racism part a nearly inescapable conclusion. Why didn't the cops ask around? There were obviously a bunch of people there to ask questions about the fight.
Tom
Tom

mutters florida man under his breath

Two teens start fighting in a mall. Was it really necessary to arrest either of them. put one on the floor, put a knee on his back and neck nd then cuff him? I don't think so. Why not just tell the teens to break it up, have them both sit down and then talk to them, since they actually are still children with immature brains.

The cops, if they were decent, intelligent people, might be able to have a little conversation with the two boys, have them apologize to each other and promise not to act out like this again. Sometimes boys start fights with each other for all kinds of silly, immature reasons. The police need to be role models in situation like this. They need to set good examples and explain why violence is never a good way to settle an argument, or deal with a bully. Sometimes it's just better to walk away from a bully, instead of giving him attention that sometimes leads to violence. That's what I'd like to see the police do, regardless of race or national origin. :)

The female officer is the salient observation. She should have cuffed the White kid but clearly feared doing that ...

The conclusion that fear is the reason for not cuffing the kid on the couch is false. This is because later on he put his wrists forward, volunteering to be cuffed, and so any alleged hypothetical issue of fear would have been reduced to nothing at that point in time. But still when that happened, neither she, nor the male cop (who was now much freer to engage the other teen) did so.

Back
Top Bottom