• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Political correctness out of control

I like the Tumblrism videos for the most part except the otherkin one - I think he was really sick when he made it.

Some of the tumblr post he uses may be trolls, but even so lots of them must be real.

The other guy who goes a bit further is Common Filth. But he is Catholic and has other issues.

one of his best:

first, all kinds of words evoke emotional responses, so to say that this particular group shouldn't goes against the nature of language.

The nature of language is subjective, which means you can attach any meaning you want to any words whatsoever. Sure, people might think you're crazy if you do so, but that's how language works.

first, all kinds of words evoke emotional responses, so to say that this particular group shouldn't goes against the nature of language.

The nature of language is subjective, which means you can attach any meaning you want to any words whatsoever. Sure, people might think you're crazy if you do so, but that's how language works.
you can but you won't
Without common meaning, words are just nonsense sounds
But you know this. Which is why you don't walk up to 70 black women and say "whut up nigger?"

you can but you won't
Without common meaning, words are just nonsense sounds
But you know this. Which is why you don't walk up to 70 black women and say "whut up nigger?"

I'd pay money to see that. WooT!

One of the first lessons they teach at famous writers school is that the meaning of our words are determined by the listener, or reader. If a person thinks they have control over the meaning of their words, they are crazy, no matter what other people may think.

"I don't know what you mean by 'glory,' " Alice said.
Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don't—till I tell you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!' "
"But 'glory' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument'," Alice objected.
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."

Ex-footballer Paul Gascoigne is at the centre of a “hate crime” investigation by West Midlands Police.

The police probe centres on a “racist joke” the 48-year-old England legend made during a show at the Wolverhampton Civic Hall last month.

*gasp* what evil, evil utterances did the racist make ?!!

There are claims that the Geordie star drew gasps when telling a black security guard, standing against a black background, “If you weren’t smiling, I wouldn’t be able to see you.”

Call the cops !!

Independent

One of the first lessons they teach at famous writers school is that the meaning of our words are determined by the listener, or reader. If a person thinks they have control over the meaning of their words, they are crazy, no matter what other people may think.

That doesn't negate the point that the nature of language is subjective.

Back
Top Bottom