• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Post Your Own Wildlife Photography

My first time for a meadowlark as well. Bluebirds, I didn;t see for years, but now i see them on a regular basis.

Rob

I wish i was in the frame of mind to take bird pictures these days.

I did get a hawk in a tree a couple days ago and will try to post it.

I wish i was in the frame of mind to take bird pictures these days.

I did get a hawk in a tree a couple days ago and will try to post it.

It's my exercise, which we're allowed to do: I walk for 45 minutes or so and take pictures as I go. We're encouraged not to drive far, but I have several places within about 15 minutes that are fine. I avoid crowds.

Rob

As I mentioned, I haven't been taking a lot of photos recently. I seem to take a lot of photos of sale adds in the grocery flier when the wife sends me out and photos of what's inside the freezer at my mom's now vacant house.

But here is a wild turkey sitting on my wife's car and red tailed hawk in a tree. It looks like the same one I've seen around before.

2020 04 04 17 43 12.JPG

2020 04 04 09 33 09.JPG

You are fortunate to have so many turkeys. I'm lukcy if I get one every two years.

Rob

I'm getting a little sick of them. This morning a turkey was standing on the hood of my Subaru Outback and scratched it while getting off.

It's not the clearest image, but I got this with my smartphone a few years ago at Lake Tahoe:

91129796_2850944438304554_5875724284101394432_o.jpg

Perhaps I should learn Photoshop.

Mama humpback whale “teaching” her calf to breach, according to our guide. Or, maybe, just playing together (I don’t know enough about whale behavior to hazard a guess). A lucky shot off the Pacific coast of Costa Rica from a pretty fair distance, then cropped and blown up.

baby breach.JPG

lew 1.jpg

Male cardinal minus his crest -- this one, apparently, isn't just molting.

new 20.jpg

Northern rough-winged swallow.

lew 3.jpg

Green heron.

mew 3.jpg

And a slug.

Rob

chipping-sparrow-2.jpg
Chipping Sparrow
greatblueheron1.jpg
Great Blue Heron resting by an artificial pond near my home
greatblueheron2.jpg
Great Blue Heron wading in the pond.
snail.jpg
A snail racing across a bike path (and nearly all the way across).

052b.jpg

I found these two in my watering bucket. I'm pretty sure they're both Transverse lady beetles, Coccinella transversoguttata

I don't understand why photos don't attach in the same order that I've uploaded them. These are all out of the order that I uploaded so I'll just describe a few things.

Little brown bat - In April. I don't know why it was out on the ground during the day. It doesn't appear to have the white nose disease that's decimating the little brown bat population.

The turkeys are still all over the place. One was on the top of the cat fence (which gives the cats some outside to be in while keeping them from going to far off and keeping them safe from the foxes and coyotes). It flew into the fence and it took a while to chase it over to the door to go out.

The males are still puffing.

Some white tail deer at my parents house.

A cat bird, a frog and a gray squirrel.

2020 04 20 13 40 29.JPG
2020 06 06 10 17 05.JPG
2020 06 05 17 23 45.JPG
2020 06 05 10 12 08.JPG
2020 06 05 10 08 46.JPG
2020 06 05 10 08 16.JPG
2020 05 24 14 18 20.JPG
2020 05 10 14 22 58.JPG
2020 04 20 13 40 38.JPG
2020 06 06 15 34 30.JPG

SKUNK!

Well, two actually. Young ones. Very cute. I've been seeing skunks in my yard at night. Tonight there were two in my driveway around 10pm. One was by the recycle bin. It stomped it's front feet which is it's "stay back" signal before it turns it's hind side at you. I stayed where I was at the door and kept the flashlight on it. It went away.

The other was behind a trask bin by the side of the house next to the other set of glass doors into the basement. It kept scuffing around while I shined my light. It would not go away.

I went inside and went over to the other glass doors. The insulated double panes made it hard to see but I got one ok photo. It was still there when I came up here to bed. Tomorrow I'll post the photo and get rid of the trash bin. There is no food. Just wood, rubber and other odds and endsi can't recycle waiting to be bagged when i do the trash.

Back
Top Bottom