• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Priest says murder victim would be alive if she'd been more devout

fta

Basic Beliefs
Unbeliever
Australian priest apologises for derogatory comments about Jill Meagher

A Catholic Church official has apologised after a priest told parishioners that had murdered Melbourne woman Jill Meagher's faith been stronger, she would have been "home in bed" and not walking down a street on the night she was brutally raped and killed.

This reminds me of the idiot Scottish journalist who was sacked for saying that the Soham murder victims would be alive if they'd been observing the Sabbath.

Usually I am on the side of minimal sentencing and rehabilitation, but this guy needs to be locked up with the key thrown away, not allowed out in 25 years:

Two of his victims, a Dutch backpacker and a St Kilda sex worker were raped just months before Bayley murdered Ms Meagher. He was on parole at the time after serving eight years in jail for a string of rapes of sex workers in 2000. Bayley has more than 20 rape convictions.

More than 20 rape convictions, and he was still walking the streets?

Twenty rape convictions, parole and it's the victims' faith that's where the problem lies....

Well, between a guy with 20 rape convictions and a woman, which one do you assume is wrong?

If you think it's the man, then this proves that men are being persecuted by feminazis!

It's a rape, the victims was a woman, therefore it was the woman's fault. If she had been more devout, she wouldn't have dressed like a slut and caused her own murder. Now a poor innocent man is in trouble with the cops, all because of some atheist slut who obviously wanted to be raped. When is this massive persecution of men ever going to stop? Why do women keep asking for all these special privileges and special rights no one else gets?

I blame the victim and Anita Sarkeesian.[/sarcasm]

Australian priest apologises for derogatory comments about Jill Meagher

A Catholic Church official has apologised after a priest told parishioners that had murdered Melbourne woman Jill Meagher's faith been stronger, she would have been "home in bed" and not walking down a street on the night she was brutally raped and killed.

This reminds me of the idiot Scottish journalist who was sacked for saying that the Soham murder victims would be alive if they'd been observing the Sabbath.

... and Jesus would be alive today (they lived to be thousands of years old back then, right?) if he wasn't a blasphemous heretic

And if the woman had been raped in her bed by an intruder?

Perhaps if the rapist had stayed on the corner minding his drug sales business...

OK I just have to respond. My wife has an aunt who was murdered: she was a nun. She dared to open the convent doors to a homeless man, who just happened to be psychotic and packing a gun; he killed her in the hallway.

Should she have been more devout?! What kind of idiocy...

OK I just have to respond. My wife has an aunt who was murdered: she was a nun. She dared to open the convent doors to a homeless man, who just happened to be psychotic and packing a gun; he killed her in the hallway.

Should she have been more devout?! What kind of idiocy...
Well, if they can't blame the victim, we shift to the mysteries of God, and it's alll part of his plan. Somehow, it's a good thing. You SIL probably had uterine cancer and this was a more merciful end, or some such rationalization.
The OP's victim should have done something to avoid her death, the nun is lucky it was God's will....

So then, a would-be altar boy who left the church because its story seemed shaky and was therefore not attacked by a priest would be saved by unbelief? I like the symmetry of it.

You know... if criminals were just a tad bit less devoted to being criminals, that'd help too.
Usually I am on the side of minimal sentencing and rehabilitation, but this guy needs to be locked up with the key thrown away, not allowed out in 25 years:

Two of his victims, a Dutch backpacker and a St Kilda sex worker were raped just months before Bayley murdered Ms Meagher. He was on parole at the time after serving eight years in jail for a string of rapes of sex workers in 2000. Bayley has more than 20 rape convictions.

Well, if those women were more devoutly Catholic...

Back
Top Bottom