• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Problems with ruled notebooks.

I've noticed ruled paper is cheap, but graph paper's expensive. Why does adding vertical ruling double the cost?
What's up with that? :shrug:

I've noticed ruled paper is cheap, but graph paper's expensive. Why does adding vertical ruling double the cost?
What's up with that? :shrug:

Economy of scale. Lined paper is produced, shipped and sold in larger volumes.

Hi,

I like to keep a diary, writing in soft pencil in a notebook. However, it has been hard to find a suitable plain paper notebook, as they all seem to have ruled lines.

Thing is, ruled lines remind me of school and 'doing it right'. I've tried writing crossways on the page, or even at 45degree angles, but its not suiting me. The lines really get to me, kind of like prison bars. I've just experimented with writing below the lines rather than above, and amazingly, it does feel looser than going above or on top of them. There is just enough disobedience to let it happen. My wife says to “just ignore” the lines but I couldn't do that at all.

Does anyone else have this problem (unlikely) and any suggestions other than calling me a moonbat?

A.

I wish we lived geographically closer. More than 30 years ago I bought 2 beautiful hardbacked blank books with lovely paper that feels brilliant to write on. Intending, like you to keep a diary.

Being my mother's daughter I can't bring myself to defile them with anything less than deathless prose, and most of my inner thoughts don't qualify so I still have them, almost unsullied.

Not 30 years old, but they're certainly headed that way. I, too, bought some beautifully bound blank books. I don't consider my fleeting thoughts or shifting hobbies sufficiently important to darken their lovely pages. So they remain blank.

Back
Top Bottom