• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Project 2025

Medicare is useless overseas. You would have to make your own insurance arrangements. Do not expect US-level medical care!
Most first world countries, you should very definitely expect US-level care, or better, certainly for urgent care/ER visits.
Yeah, but such places are pretty hard to get into. Most places you can actually hope to live permanently aren't first world.

Most such places have insurance automatically for taxpayers, so if you're allowed to work, you're probably covered - but the rules vary a lot from country to country.

If you're not covered in that way, insurance is typically FAR cheaper than it would be in the US. Typically healthcare is covered by travel insurance, (as long as you're not going to the USA).
Travel insurance normally only covers emergent situations, not chronic ones.

I always had to buy Global insurance supplement (I could deduct it on my taxes, but I think my employer should have covered it) in order to have insurance when I travelled. I did a lot of international travel for work, and occasionally still do.

I'm starting to see Project 2025 mentioned in a lot more articles over the last few days. I can only hope that people read about it and maybe it will motivate some to vote a straight Dem ticket, who were planning on sitting out the election or voting third party.

My neighbor across the street voted for Trump last time but he can't stand him now. Unfortunately, he can't stand Biden either, so maybe he won't vote. What will it take to convince people like him to do the right thing? If only there were more Liz Cheney's out there to help explain the dangers of a 2nd Trump term, especially if the Republicans control Congress. She was bashing Mike Johnson this morning on Face the Nation, after Mikey was on, telling all kinds of crazy lies.

Back
Top Bottom