• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Project 2025

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
www.project2025.org

Building now for a conservative victory through policy, personnel, and training.​

It is not enough for conservatives to win elections. If we are going to rescue the country from the grip of the radical Left, we need both a governing agenda and the right people in place, ready to carry this agenda out on Day One of the next conservative Administration.

This is the goal of the 2025 Presidential Transition Project. The project will build on four pillars that will, collectively, pave the way for an effective conservative Administration.

Policy Agenda

This book is an invitation for you the reader—Mr. Smith, Mrs. Smith, and Ms. Smith—to come to Washington or support those who can. Our goal is to assemble an army of aligned, vetted, trained, and prepared conservatives to go to work on Day One to deconstruct the Administrative State.

This book is the product of more than 400 scholars and policy experts from across the conservative movement and around the country. Contributors include former elected officials, world-renowned economists, and veterans from four presidential Administrations. This is an agenda prepared by and for conservatives who will be ready on Day One of the next Administration to save our country. The Heritage Foundation is once again facilitating this work, but as our dozens of partners and hundreds of authors will attest, this book is the work of the entire conservative movement.

The next conservative President will enter office on January 20, 2025, with a simple choice: greatness or failure. It will be a daunting test, but no more so than every other generation of Americans has faced and passed. The Conservative Promise represents the best effort of the conservative movement in 2023—and the next conservative President’s last opportunity to save our republic.
:melodramatic:

And here I thought Trump's near-complete inability to get anything done was one of his few selling points.

And here I thought Trump's near-complete inability to get anything done was one of his few selling points.
Republicans are good at destroying--and that's what they want to do here: Destroy the rule of law.

I had not heard of this conservative plot until I read a comment in WaPo and somebody added a Wiki link. So, I looked up the Project 2025 and was kind of freaked out that the Republicans are not only plotting this, they believe they can do it. It's very Trumpy, but apparently, the leaders in the R party want to change the way the country is governed in very Trumpy ways. You can google this up if you don't want to read the link, which goes into a lot of detail regarding their plot. Has anyone else heard of this? Should we take it seriously? There are also lots of comments in some of the sections that are absolutely insane. For example, people are mentioning the stolen election, the fact that we can't trust how we vote etc.
I hope some of you will read about this, or tell us what you know about it. I'm surprised that the news networks haven't mentioned this.

https://www.project2025.org

The actions of liberal politicians in Washington have created a desperate need and unique opportunity for conservatives to start undoing the damage the Left has wrought and build a better country for all Americans in 2025.

It is not enough for conservatives to win elections. If we are going to rescue the country from the grip of the radical Left, we need both a governing agenda and the right people in place, ready to carry this agenda out on day one of the next conservative administration.

This is the goal of the 2025 Presidential Transition Project. The project will build on four pillars that will, collectively, pave the way for an effective conservative administration: a policy agenda, personnel, training, and a 180-day playbook.

The project is the effort of a broad coalition of conservative organizations that have come together to ensure a successful administration begins in January 2025. With the right conservative policy recommendations and properly vetted and trained personnel to implement them, we will take back our government.

The 2025 Presidential Transition Project is being organized by The Heritage Foundation and builds off Heritage’s longstanding “Mandate for Leadership,” which has been highly influential for presidential administrations since the Reagan era. Most recently, the Trump administration relied heavily on Heritage’s “Mandate” for policy guidance, embracing nearly two-thirds of Heritage’s proposals within just one year in office.

Paul Dans, former chief of staff at the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) during the Trump administration, serves as the director of the 2025 Presidential Transition Project. Spencer Chretien, former special assistant to the president and associate director of Presidential Personnel, serves as associate director of the project.

There is so much in the link that you need to take a look yourself or you can look at Wiki if you prefer.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politi...-government-and-replace-it-with-trumps-vision

I guess I was wrong. PBS has described this madness, so you can read about it there as well.

WASHINGTON (AP) — With more than a year to go before the 2024 election, a constellation of conservative organizations is preparing for a possible second White House term for Donald Trump, recruiting thousands of Americans to come to Washington on a mission to dismantle the federal government and replace it with a vision closer to his own.

READ MORE: Fox News reaches 12.8 million viewers for GOP presidential debate, despite Trump’s absence

Led by the long-established Heritage Foundation think tank and fueled by former Trump administration officials, the far-reaching effort is essentially a government-in-waiting for the former president’s second term — or any candidate who aligns with their ideals and can defeat President Joe Biden in 2024.

With a nearly 1,000-page “Project 2025” handbook and an “army” of Americans, the idea is to have the civic infrastructure in place on Day One to commandeer, reshape and do away with what Republicans deride as the “deep state” bureaucracy, in part by firing as many as 50,000 federal workers.

“We need to flood the zone with conservatives,” said Paul Dans, director of the 2025 Presidential Transition Project and a former Trump administration official who speaks with historical flourish about the undertaking.

Thanks. I wondered if we had discussed this before. Feel free to add my posts to the other thread. I am a bit surprised that there were so few responses to this topic, considering how many trivial things we discuss on this board.

These people are serious. Of course, if Biden wins in November, they won't be able to achieve their goals. Their goals are an attack on democracy and they are recruiting volunteers to help them achieve their goals.

There is also the Malignant Narcissist's own "Agenda 47."
Google shows several hits about Agenda 47; I'll excerpt from this one. It begins by summarizing the War on LGBTQ+ under Pence and Trump-45. Trump-47 will be even worse.

Just two hours after he and Pence were sworn into office, they removed all mention of LGBTQ+ issues from the White House website.

Two days later, his State Department deleted former Secretary of State John Kerry’s apology to the nation for the “Lavender Scare” government persecution of gays and lesbians during the McCarthy era 1950s and early 1960s. A month later, Trump’s Justice Department announced they’d no longer defend the civil rights of trans kids.

His Education and HUD offices both withdrew their court defenses of queer people, particularly students and those in homeless shelters, and his Secretary of State refused to mention to the Russian Foreign Minister the detention and brutal executions of gay men by Russian soldiers in Chechnya. On May 4, 2017 Trump signed an executive order letting the DOJ ignore claims of illegal discrimination against queer people and women throughout every single one of the nation’s federal agencies.

In September, 2017, Trump’s Secretary of Education, billionaire Betsy DeVos, officially ended that agency’s Title IX guidance requiring schools to do something about sexual harassment, including sexual violence, against women and LGBTQ+ kids. In response to a question from the media about the change in policy and gay men, Trump said that his Vice President “wants to hang them all.”
. . .
In the Agenda 47 section of his website, Trump explains how he’s going to use our schools and colleges to indoctrinate young Americans in rightwing ideology. He explicitly says:

“When I return to the White House, I will fire the radical Left accreditors that have allowed our colleges to become dominated by Marxist Maniacs and lunatics. We will then accept applications for new accreditors who will impose real standards on colleges once again and once and for all.”
Any colleges that continue to teach “under the guise of [racial] equity will not only have their endowment taxed, but through budget reconciliation, I will advance a measure to have them fined up to the entire amount of their endowment.”

The final sentence is rather horrifying. You can watch Trump himself describe this part of Agenda 47 at his website:
(Click at your own risk. Don't blame me if it is malware.)

Donald J. Trump said:
Under the plan I’m announcing today, we will take the billions and billions of dollars that we will collect by taxing, fining, and suing excessively large private university endowments, and we will then use that money to endow a new institution called the American Academy.

Its mission will be to make a truly world-class education available to every American, free of charge, and do it without adding a single dime to the federal debt. This institution will gather an entire universe of the highest quality educational content, covering the full spectrum of human knowledge and skills, and make that material available to every American citizen online for free.

Whether you want lectures or an ancient history or an introduction to financial accounting, or training in a skilled trade, the goal will be to deliver it and get it done properly, using study groups, mentors, industry partnerships, and the latest breakthrough in computing. This will be a truly top-tier education option for the people.

It will be strictly non-political, and there will be no wokeness or jihadism allowed—none of that's going to be allowed.

Most importantly, the American Academy will compete directly with the existing and very costly four-year university system by granting students degree credentials that the U.S. government and all federal contractors will henceforth recognize. The Academy will award the full and complete equivalent of a bachelor's degree.

In addition to help the 40 million Americans who have some college education but no degree, the American Academy will grant credit for past coursework at legacy institutions and give you the chance to complete your education at the American Academy for free and much more quickly than is now possible or available.

Trump University will be reconstituted by fining Harvard and Stanford for teaching "woke."

Here's more. The question is, should we be taking this seriously or will there be enough people to stop this crazy attack on democracy?

https://bpr.berkeley.edu/2023/11/17/project-2025-democratic-doomsday/

Forget Trump. Project 2025 is the greatest threat to democracy we have seen in our country’s history. The 1000-page plan, written by Trump-era Republican groups, demonstrates once again the devastating effects partisan polarization can have on our country’s political stability.

With the upcoming presidential election only a year away, voters aren’t the only groups mobilizing. In preparation for the upcoming presidential election, conservative think tanks are gearing up for a right-wing takeover of the country’s policy, personnel, and training. This is the goal of the 2025 Presidential Transition Project, a 1,000-page declassified guide to overthrowing the federal government. Orchestrated by a diverse host of conservative organizations, Project 2025 aims to virtually delete all bureaucratic safety stops, paving the way for an effective, radical Republican administration.

The quiet coup of Project 2025 presents a dangerous threat to our democracy and proposes an ideological insurrection. With recent polling showing Donald Trump either tied or several points ahead of President Biden, this daunting debrief is becoming more rooted in reality.

“Flood the Zone with Conservatives”

This 1000-page synopsis focuses on how the next Republican administration should spend their first 180 days in office on uprooting bureaucracy that they consider to be favoring the liberal political agenda. The director of the project, Paul Dans described the project by its pressing goal of “flooding the zone with conservatives. ”

If successful, Project 2025 would facilitate the firing of approximately 50,000 federal workers. This mass exodus of a major workforce is merely a means to an end for the right-leaning Heritage Foundation and the other conservative corporations co-authoring the Project. They see the firing of career government officials as the most direct route to creating a federal bureaucracy filled with political loyalists.

Okay. Let me find a source that isn't from academia, just for some balance. :)

There is also the Malignant Narcissist's own "Agenda 47."
Google shows several hits about Agenda 47; I'll excerpt from this one. It begins by summarizing the War on LGBTQ+ under Pence and Trump-45. Trump-47 will be even worse.

Just two hours after he and Pence were sworn into office, they removed all mention of LGBTQ+ issues from the White House website.

Two days later, his State Department deleted former Secretary of State John Kerry’s apology to the nation for the “Lavender Scare” government persecution of gays and lesbians during the McCarthy era 1950s and early 1960s. A month later, Trump’s Justice Department announced they’d no longer defend the civil rights of trans kids.

His Education and HUD offices both withdrew their court defenses of queer people, particularly students and those in homeless shelters, and his Secretary of State refused to mention to the Russian Foreign Minister the detention and brutal executions of gay men by Russian soldiers in Chechnya. On May 4, 2017 Trump signed an executive order letting the DOJ ignore claims of illegal discrimination against queer people and women throughout every single one of the nation’s federal agencies.

In September, 2017, Trump’s Secretary of Education, billionaire Betsy DeVos, officially ended that agency’s Title IX guidance requiring schools to do something about sexual harassment, including sexual violence, against women and LGBTQ+ kids. In response to a question from the media about the change in policy and gay men, Trump said that his Vice President “wants to hang them all.”
. . .
In the Agenda 47 section of his website, Trump explains how he’s going to use our schools and colleges to indoctrinate young Americans in rightwing ideology. He explicitly says:

“When I return to the White House, I will fire the radical Left accreditors that have allowed our colleges to become dominated by Marxist Maniacs and lunatics. We will then accept applications for new accreditors who will impose real standards on colleges once again and once and for all.”
Any colleges that continue to teach “under the guise of [racial] equity will not only have their endowment taxed, but through budget reconciliation, I will advance a measure to have them fined up to the entire amount of their endowment.”

The final sentence is rather horrifying. You can watch Trump himself describe this part of Agenda 47 at his website:
(Click at your own risk. Don't blame me if it is malware.)

Donald J. Trump said:
Under the plan I’m announcing today, we will take the billions and billions of dollars that we will collect by taxing, fining, and suing excessively large private university endowments, and we will then use that money to endow a new institution called the American Academy.

Its mission will be to make a truly world-class education available to every American, free of charge, and do it without adding a single dime to the federal debt. This institution will gather an entire universe of the highest quality educational content, covering the full spectrum of human knowledge and skills, and make that material available to every American citizen online for free.

Whether you want lectures or an ancient history or an introduction to financial accounting, or training in a skilled trade, the goal will be to deliver it and get it done properly, using study groups, mentors, industry partnerships, and the latest breakthrough in computing. This will be a truly top-tier education option for the people.

It will be strictly non-political, and there will be no wokeness or jihadism allowed—none of that's going to be allowed.

Most importantly, the American Academy will compete directly with the existing and very costly four-year university system by granting students degree credentials that the U.S. government and all federal contractors will henceforth recognize. The Academy will award the full and complete equivalent of a bachelor's degree.

In addition to help the 40 million Americans who have some college education but no degree, the American Academy will grant credit for past coursework at legacy institutions and give you the chance to complete your education at the American Academy for free and much more quickly than is now possible or available.

Trump University will be reconstituted by fining Harvard and Stanford for teaching "woke."
Yikes!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/w...lot-to-destroy-america-s-freedoms/ar-AA1gWxfK

Say Goodbye to Religious Freedom

Page 13 of Project 2025 highlights the author’s disdain for religious freedom and the Constitution. It seeks to redefine America’s prized words, offering all its citizens the unalienable right to pursue happiness, rebranding happiness as “blessedness” to force the historic words to fit their religious dogma.

The literal text reads:

“When the Founders spoke of “pursuit of Happiness,” what they meant might be understood today as in essence “pursuit of Blessedness.” That is, an individual must be free to live as his Creator ordained…”

*Might* is the operative word. The authors know full well the founding fathers meant happiness when they said happiness. They also know full well that the First Amendment enshrined our rights to worship who or what we please, as it explicitly says, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the freeexercise thereof.’

Reframing happiness as some type of blessedness that “his creator” ordained is anathema to the entire existence of the Constitution. It goes against the basic tenets of what America stands for.

“As his Creator Ordained…”

Who gets to decide who this new constitutional creator is or what he actually ordained? Will people still be free to worship the creator of their choice, whether that be Zeus, Thor, Jehova, Brahma, or any of the thousands of creator gods humanity has worshipped over the centuries? Will they be free to not engage in worship if they don’t believe in an ultimate creator?

We know the answer. The Creator must be the Judio-Christian version of God, and “as he ordained” pertains to a particular sect of Christianity’s tenets.

Is it your sect? Are you willing to take the chance that it’s not?

If it’s yours this time, are you willing to gamble that it will be yours next time as well?

Trans/LGBT Erasure

Project 2025 promises horrors for members of the LGBTQ community. The document labels all mentions of transgender people pornographic and insists that anyone producing or distributing this new pornography be imprisoned.

The language explicitly targets members of the trans community for imprisonment for existing. While conversations regarding trans rights concerning sporting events and medical treatment for children are critical to our country’s successful growth, even the most ardent anti-trans conservatives can’t possibly want them to be rounded up and imprisoned.

An essential element of America’s freedom is that consenting adults can do whatever they wish as long they don’t harm anyone else. The mere existence of trans people doesn’t hurt anyone, despite Project 2025’s claims. Trans people have a right to exist in public without being labeled “pornographic.”

The idea that an identity can be rebranded as pornographic should terrify even the most stringent conservatives. Today, it’s Trans people, but what might it be tomorrow? Gay and Lesbian members of the LGBTQ community? Atheists? Women who wear pants? Women who work outside the home?

Readers may dismiss these concerns, saying it stops at trans people, but when a government begins imprisoning people based on identities, it rarely stops after the first round-up.

It seems pretty far fetched that this could become reality, but it's still a bit frightening to see that so many people are considering trying to do such horrific things.

I've joked with a close Christian friend, who totally supports the SCS that people like me might be forced to go to church, the right church that is, if Trump gets reelected. But, I didn't realize that conservatives were already planning something like that.

I can only hope that the people who are angry at Biden and are saying they will sit out the November election or vote third party because Biden didn't get them what they want, or they oppose some of his policies, will wake up and realize how important it is to vote blue this coming November, even if they don't like the current president. There are plenty of these people and sadly, they are very difficult to reason with. A lot of them were Bernie supporters who want a president who is further to the left than Biden. I understand but I also learned when I was a young, idealistic McGovern supporter, that our country isn't that far to the left and compromise is the only way to get things done. If Bernie were the nominee, the swing voters and moderate Republicans wouldn't have voted for him and we'd have a second Trump term. Most experts and non experts agree that it's the third party candidates who will be the primary problem, likely giving Trump an edge to victory.

Donald J. Trump said:

Gosh, how could this possibly go wrong?

Taking "billions and billions" from legacy schools by force, and then simply giving it away to students who want to attend the new Trump University Prager U American Academy? For free? When's the last time Trump gave away anything for free? Take your time...

And I don't know if he's checked out any educational institution since he left Wharton, but attracting "top tier" professors and academics costs money. A lot of money. Not college football coach money, but you ain't getting Neal DeGrasse Tyson to head up the astronomy department for the same money you'd want to pay to a high school teacher.

Competing with traditional accredited universities is a whole 'nother ball of wax. Here in Arizona, we have a few places that have tried that. For example, there's Grand Canyon University, whose slogan is "private, Christian, affordable." Good luck trying to get a top-tier job with your degree from there, kid. Or the eponymous University of Phoenix. It was a diploma mill that targeted military veterans (among others) to take some of that sweet, sweet government money and use it to line their pockets. It is common knowledge among hiring managers that if you get an application from someone with a UoPhx degree, you can confidently throw it in the circular file.

Finally, we know this will never fly because...well...Trump University. Trump Steaks. Trump the Game. Trump Vodka. Trump Magazine. Trump Mortgage. Trump Ice. Trump Home products. Trump-branded perfume and deodorant ("Success by Trump"). Trump Airlines. And of course a string of failed casinos.

I'm sure that if reelected he might actually remember he proposed this and attempt to make it happen, but rest assured it will fail. Nobody fails like Trump. Many people are saying.

Well, let's just hope that people rise up against this conservative insanity or our less than perfect country will end up being a total authoritarian far right shit hole. I was just reading the list of groups who support. this so called project. Most are so Orwellian. For example, one piece that I read which called itself something like Human rights for all, was against giving rights to the LBGTQ members and criticized European countries that support equal rights for LBGTQ members. How did people become so fucking hateful? o_O

https://www.project2025.org/about/advisory-board/

The link includes the groups who support this insanity. No surprise that Moms for Liberty is on the list. This group and Trump are tying to make it look as if the Democrats are the real threat to democracy and sadly, a lot of people are buying into this.

This group and Trump are tying to make it look as if the Democrats are the real threat to democracy and sadly, a lot of people are buying into this.
A lot of people are as dumb as a flaming bag of dog poop. But not most people.
I wish that was some kind of guarantee.

This group and Trump are tying to make it look as if the Democrats are the real threat to democracy and sadly, a lot of people are buying into this.
And, a lot of not so smart people have a lot more common sense compared to some of the highly educated. Seriously. I know some people who barely made it through high school but have enough sense to realize what a threat Trump is, so they will vote blue. Look at all the highly educated morons who have been sucking up to Trump for years and continue to defend him. WTF!

PLus, we have idiots who won't vote or will vote third party because........whine whine whine.....Biden didn't get me everything I wanted, or Biden is allowing Bibi to attack Gaza, as if he can magically convince a far right autocrat to be more reasonable, not to mention that under Trump it would be much worse.....Biden is between a rock and a hard place and the Rs have done an excellent job of convincing some of the idiot, immature Dems and independents, that they shouldn't vote for Biden. Voting third party will help Trump and cause chaos and I hate to think what else...

And, a lot of not so smart people have a lot more common sense compared to some of the highly educated. Seriously. I know some people who barely made it through high school but have enough sense to realize what a threat Trump is, so they will vote blue. Look at all the highly educated morons who have been sucking up to Trump for years and continue to defend him. WTF!

PLus, we have idiots who won't vote or will vote third party because........whine whine whine.....Biden didn't get me everything I wanted, or Biden is allowing Bibi to attack Gaza, as if he can magically convince a far right autocrat to be more reasonable, not to mention that under Trump it would be much worse.....Biden is between a rock and a hard place and the Rs have done an excellent job of convincing some of the idiot, immature Dems and independents, that they shouldn't vote for Biden. Voting third party will help Trump and cause chaos and I hate to think what else...
It feels like the ripest opportunity ever, for the Dems to spring a dark horse on the field at the last minute. Generic Other Democrat (GOD) does far far better than either Sleepy Joe or Teh Donald in polls. There has to be someone … maybe they could hire George Santos to play an unknown generic Democrat. Seriously, it shouldn’t be hard to come up with a person who can enunciate the truth with clarity and passion, spontaneity and at least a small part of sincerity.
It does puzzle me that nobody goes after Trump for “Biden Crime Family” while the Trump Crime Family, which actually exists, continues to operate unconstrained by law.

It feels like the ripest opportunity ever, for the Dems to spring a dark horse on the field at the last minute. Generic Other Democrat (GOD) does far far better than either Sleepy Joe or Teh Donald in polls. There has to be someone … maybe they could hire George Santos to play an unknown generic Democrat. Seriously, it shouldn’t be hard to come up with a person who can enunciate the truth with clarity and passion, spontaneity and at least a small part of sincerity.
It does puzzle me that nobody goes after Trump for “Biden Crime Family” while the Trump Crime Family, which actually exists, continues to operate unconstrained by law.
I agree, but I also think that if some rising star wanted to run for president as a Democrat, that person should have come out quite awhile ago and made their intentions known. Apparently, nobody who is qualified really wants to run for president as a Democrat against Trump, so like it or not, we have Biden as the nominee, although based on what I've read from people who have spent hours with him, discussing policy positions etc., he's not so sleepy after all. He does forget names, which is extremely common in old age, but is not a symptom of senility, well perhaps unless you forget the name of the person you ran against in 2020. If it is a symptom of senility, then I and all of my friends are senile. Some neurologists blame this problem on us older adults having so much data in our brains, that it can take awhile to bring up things like names or words that we don't use on a regular basis. I don't know if that is correct, but I do know that it can be very frustrating being unable to recall the name of a person or thing that you used to know or use on a regular basis. Still, this doesn't mean that one isn't capable of complex thinking, and Biden is certainly better at complex thinking compared to the idiot he's running against. Plus, unlike Trump, Biden will listen to his advisors.

The Trump Klan projects their own crimes and hate on anyone who isn't a part of their Klan or cult, if you prefer that word. Sadly, the disinformation they spread has become believable for too many people. It's reminiscent of Germany in the 1930s, but if you mention that to a Trump supporter, they will likely say that Biden is the one who is a threat to democracy, while Tump will save it.

Biden is certainly better at complex thinking compared to the idiot he's running against
Hey, I think Sleepy Joe is sharp as a tack. “Sleepy” is his not-entirely-voluntary demeanor. But he has more smarts - and more functional smarts - in his little finger than the entire Trump Crime Family could muster collectively.
If only the guy could speak…
I am confident that if re-elected he will do an exemplary job.

It's reminiscent of Germany in the 1930s, but if you mention that to a Trump supporter, they will likely say that Biden is the one who is a threat to democracy, while Tump will save it.

Of course the zombies will say that; it’s what Dolt45 told them to say. They’re fucking hopeless, and at this point, I’m sorry but I really don’t care what happens to them. If it’s horrible, they earned it. If not, they got off easy and can thank the god they worshiped before the Orange Idiot came along.

Back
Top Bottom