• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Python

Have no idea what you mean.
It means you can't use your method in computers, that is if your goal to somehow implement multiplication operation through logarithm.
HeeHee, I demonstrated it in Python.

Binary base2 math works the same ways as base10. For human level inputs and outputs base2 is converted to base10 representation and vice versa.

Computer digital computation 101, get yourself a book on numerical methods, many good ones. You won't pick it up from bits and pieces on the net. Same with what vectors are and the associated math.
Sorry man, you are talking utter nonsense.
Nonsense? There are threads I started on binary arithmetic on the math forum. There are books and plenty of info on the net on it .Clearly you do not understand digital processors and binary arithmetic, or base 10 arithmetic.

If you want take it to the Euler thread I started on math forum.

I started a thread on Euler;s Identity demon string with Python. Take a look.

Electrical impedance is one form of a generalized impedance function. Complex impedance electrcal or mechanical arises when there is a phase shift between excitation and response.

An electro-mechanical audio speaker serves as a complex impedance match between the electrical output impedance of the audio amplifier and the mechanical impedance of the air.

Resonance is also a generalized function across QM, Newtonian mechanics, and electric circuits.

A resonant electrical RLC circuit has the same 2nd order differential equation as a mechanical spring-mass- dashpot system. Any system with a 2nd order or higher differential equation can have an exponential(complex) response under dynamic excitation. .

Capacitance is a generalized form that appears in electric circuits, mechanics, and heat flow.

Mechanical impedance is a measure of how much a structure resists motion when subjected to a harmonic force. It relates forces with velocities acting on a mechanical system. The mechanical impedance of a point on a structure is the ratio of the force applied at a point to the resulting velocity at that point.[1][2]

Mechanical impedance is the inverse of mechanical admittance or mobility. The mechanical impedance is a function of the frequency ω
\omega
of the applied force and can vary greatly over frequency. At resonance frequencies, the mechanical impedance will be lower, meaning less force is needed to cause a structure to move at a given velocity. A simple example of this is pushing a child on a swing. For the greatest swing amplitude, the frequency of the pushes must be near the resonant frequency of the system.

Analogues in mechanical engineering: resistance = friction, capacitance = potential energy (spring), inductance = potential energy (opposing spring). These are all terms that are related through the mass and energy equations that tie all engineering areas together.

Imaginary numbers do appear in QM. QM s not just abstract theory, it is in daily use in the design of technology like lasers, photo detectors, and integrtaed circuits.

Last edited:
I go by what you post.
I did not post much here to go by.
But you did. And I can safely say you are in no position to judge anything, let alone my credentials.
Let me dumb it down for you. You need to (at least) have my credentials to judge mine.
Apparently you did not grasp the most basic definition of a vector, magnitude and direction
Dude, I passed through General Relativity course. Can't say I was great at it , Professor was not any good, so I studied it afterwards (and before) by myself, to a certain degree of course.
So I think I have a good grasp of vectors. And I had a course of functions of complex variables as well in University. Learned these "phasors" in freaking High School. So please, shut the fuck up!
Complex numbers are not vectors. They are homomorphic to special matrices or better tensors. But I understand why people with less than basic knowledge might think they are vectors, after all they ARE represented by vectors on complex plane and can be added as vectors.
Multiplication however, has nothing in common with any vectors, instead it has everything in common with rotations which is what matrices are for!
So shut the fuck up!
Obfuscation and smoke screens of jargon do no work, my xray vision sees through it.

Given a vector is a variable that has magnitude and restitution, complex numbers can and do represent vectors.

Real and imaginary are just different terms for the x and y axis.

0 + j is +90 degrees or x = 0 y = 1;
0 - j = -90 degrees, or x = 0 y = -1.

The link have you explains it. A complex number as it rotates about the origin as a rotating vector traces out a sine wave in time.

In mechanics statics is the study of the distubution of forces in a static mechanical structure
Complex numbers ARE NOT used in mechanics (not quantum that is)
Wave equations, electric circuits - sure. mechanics - NO.
Prideful ignorance.
No, just an actual education and decades of experience. Compare that to you trawling wikipedia for bit and pieces.
No, complex numbers are not used in mechanical systems. Does not mean you can't create a situation where it can be used.
Vibratiion in mechanical system sure, you can do that. Trouble is, they are usually highly non-linear and all your analogies- simplifications from liner electrical circuits no longer work.
So, no,

Obfuscation and smoke screens of jargon do no work, my xray vision sees through it.
Complex multiplication is NOT vector multiplication.
It's matrix multiplication. So shut the fuck up. Is that transparent enough for you?

Strictly speaking vector multiplication is called vector multiplication but in reality it is specific case (3 demensions) of
a wedge product of two differential forms. in 4 dimensions vector multiplication does not exist because product is not a vector but a tensor.
In 2 dimensions product is a scalar (not a vector)
But all this is be way above pay grade.

WHat you post does not match what you claim.

You certainly do not understand computers and how math is done digitally.

You do not uderstand mechanical dynamics. Electrical, biological, or mechanical a dynamic system that has energy storage are fundamentally the same at the level of thermodynamics. Any system regardless of what it is that are modeled by the same integro-differential equations behave the same. That means steady state and transient behavior to stimulus.

An elecrical 2nd order feedback control system has certain behavior. Our human balance system is a biological 2nd order system.

Do you understand the difference between a 1st and 2nd order differential equation when modeling a physical system? If you do not understand that simple math we have no basis for communication.

You said I posed a mathematical operation that can not be done on a computer. please elaborate what that is. You said a table is required.

Barbos, when I said tat binary math in a computer was done the same way as base 10 you called it nonsense.

Base 10 multiply

Code:
  12x
-----------
-----------

Binary multiplication works the same way, but with 2 digits instead of 10. In a PC the multiplication along with addition and subtraction are done in digital hardware in the processor.

Code:
2 * 3

0011 binary 3
      0010 binary 2
----------------------------
---------------------
       110   binary 6

Unsigned integer multiplication in Python. Floating point decimal multiplication is the same process.

Code:
a = 7
b = 2
acc =  0 # accumulator
mask = 0x01 # bit mask

# 8 bit x 8 bit multiply
#a x b
# multiply, shift, and add
for i in range(8):
    if a & (mask << i):
        acc += (b << i)
print(acc)

By hand multiply 12 * 12. Multiply,shift, and add.

You said I posed a mathematical operation that can not be done on a computer. please elaborate what that is. You said a table is required.
That's not what I said. I said that's not how it's done and explained why.
If you are so smart then tell me how logarithm is calculated on CPU.
And while at it, invent easy way to do division (if there is none)

I know trillion times more about math, physics and computers than you do.
The mere fact of your apparent obsession with python says that you know nothing about computers.
People who write C++ just don't obsess about python. Yes, nice and very easy to start script/language. But nobody use it for heavy calculations. You clearly just started it all recently and everything looks new and exciting to you. But trust me , I don't remember myself not knowing what complex numbers are and hardly remember time when I did not know C.
And yes, I was writing in python more 20 years ago. Again, You are trying to lecture PhD here.

Last edited:
Hmmm...but you say that when i say binary and base 10 math are the same process you call that nonsense.

Given I showed multiplication is the same process in binary and base 10 do ypu still insist it is nonsense? I demonstrated it.

And converting a binary int to human readable text. To complete the exercise one would wryte cide to go from a text string of numbers to an int, with out Python built in functions to do it....

Code:
def print_int(x):
    dig_table = ['0','1','2','3','4','5','6','7','8','9']
    if x < 0:
        print("-",end="")
        x = -x
    if x> 9:
        print_int(x/10)
    c = dig_table[int(x % 10 )]
    print(c,end="")

print_int(-1230)

You do not uderstand mechanical dynamics.
You are in no position to make such judgement.
"mechanical dynamics" is nonsensical term. So in that sense, yes, I do not understand it :)
In electromagnetcs there is electrostatics and electrodynaics. In EM statics refers to static electric and magnetc fields. In a caictor with a charge on t yere is a stic ectric field. A costnt current through a wre yields a sttaic magnetc fiel . Dybnaixs revers to chngeing electric and magnetc fileds. All governd by Maxwell's Equations.

In meckanics there is statics and dynamics. For example a static load like a weight on a roof, or a dynamic load like a vibrating machine on a floor.

I was a reliabilty engineer at Intel back when they made computers. I did vibrtion analysis and testing. I am well aware of mechanical dynamics.

A dynamic or dynacal system simply means a system that changes with time or is driven with a cyclic stumulous. It inplies differntail equations.

And that brings in convolurion. A topic for the math forum.

That's not what I said. I said that's not how it's done and explained why.
If you are so smart then tell me how logarithm is calculated on CPU.
And while at it, invent easy way to do division (if there is none)

If that is a serious question you must have not kept up with how math is done digitally. Even before that it was done through series expansions. It just took a long time by hand, hence tables that you interpolated.

I had basic series expansions in Calculus.

Along came cheap scientific calculators that solved the series directly. A big deal in the day.

When you press the log or sin key on a calculator or use a log function in Python how do you think it works? Do you think there are tables in the calculator?

If that is a serious question you must have not kept up with how math is done digitally. Even before that it was done through series expansions. It just took a long time by hand, hence tables that you interpolated.
OK genios, this is your final answer - series expansions?
So give me YOUR code for logarithm.
And then your code for division. I already asked it.

Back
Top Bottom