• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Religion is Evil

when you have sex with your wife do you worry about getting disease? how about prostitute ?
I can marry a prostitute and do both.

Risky behavior is unsafe. But that's a matter of precautions and risk assessment.
You said sex outside of marriage is bad.
I had sex with my current wife outside of marriage. I had sex with her within the bonds of holy matrimony AND recognized by the state. It's the same sex.
It's the same risk assessment as far as STD's, kids, angry husbands, and anything else that conflates 'bad' with 'risky.'
There's nothing more bad about one than there was about the other.

You're going pretty far afield to try to justify 'scared God will punish me' is equal to 'scared it will rot and fall off.' As usual, Syed, you mix apples and applets.

please answer the question

when you have sex with your wife do you worry about getting disease?
I did answer the question, Syed. As always, you try to dig down into minutia when your grand statements come under scrutiny and no one wants to just take them at face value.

when you have sex with your wife do you worry about getting disease? how about prostitute ?
I can marry a prostitute and do both.

Risky behavior is unsafe. But that's a matter of precautions and risk assessment.
You said sex outside of marriage is bad.
I had sex with my current wife outside of marriage. I had sex with her within the bonds of holy matrimony AND recognized by the state. It's the same sex.
It's the same risk assessment as far as STD's, kids, angry husbands, and anything else that conflates 'bad' with 'risky.'
There's nothing more bad about one than there was about the other.

You're going pretty far afield to try to justify 'scared God will punish me' is equal to 'scared it will rot and fall off.' As usual, Syed, you mix apples and applets.

please answer the question

when you have sex with your wife do you worry about getting disease?
I did answer the question, Syed. As always, you try to dig down into minutia when your grand statements come under scrutiny and no one wants to just take them at face value.

thank for no answer

Religion tells us to avoid perfectly natural behavior like sex, and to feel guilty if we even think about such things,
which religion say to avoid sex?

sex can be bad if you do out side marraiage

American far right Christians. Sex is for procreation only, not for pleasure, therefore, birth controls should not be practiced, there for birth control has no business being cover by insurance.

Google US, anti-birth control laws

Religion tells us to avoid perfectly natural behavior like sex, and to feel guilty if we even think about such things,

American far right Christians. Sex is for procreation only, not for pleasure, therefore, birth controls should not be practiced, there for birth control has no business being cover by insurance.

While I personally do not think religion is evil in and of itself, you passed up a prime opportunity to talk about Islam's various attitudes about sex. If Syed thinks he can prove his religion is not evil by talking about his religion's attitudes about sex, he's in for a rude surprise, I think.

While I personally do not think religion is evil in and of itself, you passed up a prime opportunity to talk about Islam's various attitudes about sex. If Syed thinks he can prove his religion is not evil by talking about his religion's attitudes about sex, he's in for a rude surprise, I think.

please explain

I am not aware Islam in any manner has made contraception an issue. Extremist right wing Christians here in the US have. The question was, what religions make contraception an issue. Google Christian ant-conception for more.

Here in America, there have in the past been a number of religious sects that eschewed marriage and sex. Amazing, these sects have died out. Last I heard, the Shakers were down to their last member. Oh that our current crop of fanatics would take up this practice

please explain

• Underage arranged marriage
  • Honor killings
  • Punishing women for getting raped
  • Executing women for infidelity
  • Executing women for perceived infidelity
  • Female genital mutilation
  • Forcing women to wear ridiculous tent-things in public
  • Not allowing women to be in public without a male relative present
  • Not allowing women to drive

And that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure someone else can add to the list. Islam's attitudes about sex and gender are abhorrent.

Back
Top Bottom