• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Republican Denounces 'War on Whites'

ksen

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Calvinist
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/08/republican-denounces-war-on-whites.html

Representative Mo Brooks, appearing on Laura Ingraham’s radio program, diagnoses the Republican Party’s so-called difficulty attracting nonwhite voters. “This is a part of the war on whites that’s being launched by the Democratic Party,” explains Brooks, “and the way in which they’re launching this war is by claiming that whites hate everybody else.”

Democrats don't claim all whites hate everybody else, just the Republican ones.

In ther news, the Morlocks are protesting the Elois' stubborn and racist intransigence at allowing them a nice meal.

The Republican base is white male Christian xenophobes.

I don't necessarily think Republican politicians are racists, but to get elected they must throw meat to the base.

They see the liberals talking about a war on blacks and they think "hey, I'll start talking about a war on whites, because we're the opposite of the liberals".

So, is he saying, that the Republican party is the party of the white people, while the Democrats are anti-white? Yeah, that'll help GOP attract minority votes for sure.

"War on Whites"?

Ever notice how it's getting harder and harder to tell the difference between Republican rhetoric and the rhetoric of the KKK and other white supremacist groups?

Not that I'm suggesting that the Republican party is deliberately trying to appeal to racists. If I did that, I would be "persecuting white people."

"War on Whites"?

Ever notice how it's getting harder and harder to tell the difference between Republican rhetoric and the rhetoric of the KKK and other white supremacist groups?

Not that I'm suggesting that the Republican party is deliberately trying to appeal to racists. If I did that, I would be "persecuting white people."

It is sad indeed, but the Democrats are going to the same hog trough of ethnic swill. They clearly do not offer an effective counter to the Republican classism and racism.

I though t the republican party abolished slavery and the democrats were against his anti slavery policies - so what happened after honest abe disappeared

"War on Whites"?

<edit>

Last edited by a moderator:
I though t the republican party abolished slavery and the democrats were against his anti slavery policies - so what happened after honest abe disappeared
It's hard to say.

In my lifetime, beginning in 1980 with the election of Reagan you see a huge amount of young white Christian males becoming very vocal and loyal supporters of the Republican party. These people are also hyper-patriotic.

This was kind of a backlash to the great liberalization of the country that had taken place in the 1970's which saw the beginnings of the women's movement, the environmental movement, and strengthening of the civil rights movement, and liberalization on many issues from gay rights to private drug use.

The Republican party has ridden this base very hard ever since. Without it they can't do anything so they appeal to it as much as they can.

It's always confusing when 19th century labels are applied to 21st century politics. The Republican Party which nominated Abe Lincoln was built from the anti-slavery faction of the Whig Party. The Democratic Party of the time did not have a similar schism.

The Whig Party believed in government spending to create infrastructure such as railroads, canals and bridges, in order to promote business and commerce, which of course came with a tax program.

Other than the name, today's GOP has nothing in common with the party of Lincoln.

I wonder if we could combine efforts?
As we've seen over the last decade, wars on two fronts just cost way too much and soften our effectiveness.
Could we just combine it all into the War On White Christmas?
We'd hardly have to change anything but the name-tags. Non-whites and non-theists vs. the GOP over nostalgic views of an American holiday stereotype...

plym50xmas.jpg

It's also noteworthy that no GOP candidate has condemned the war-on-whites rhetoric.

It's also noteworthy that no GOP candidate has condemned the war-on-whites rhetoric.

A war on whites might not be a bad thing. I've noticed a real reduction in the quality of white people and a thinning of the herd might boost our breeding stock.

Doubling down in the War on Whites!

“Look at what the Democrats do on a daily basis,” Brooks said. “They appeal to specific racial groups, saying we will protect you, that racial group. And who are they talking about protecting them from? They’re talking about protecting them from Republicans. But at the same time, what do they say about those Republicans? That they’re whites.”
We SAY that the Republicans are white? It's necessary to point this out?
It's considered a good thing to point out?

Sixty percent of the Democratic party is white. Is he really saying that the majority of the party is saying 'We (mostly white people) will save you from the Republicans. Who are, you will notice, very mostly white people.'

Back
Top Bottom