• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rittenhouse/Kenosha Shooting Split

The chasing started before he shot anyone. If this were out of the blue he has a good self defense argument.

And I think it could have been out of the blue, based only on the prior aggro at the building perimeter. But we don't know. Maybe Rittenhouse (who at one point is pulled back by others at the building perimeter) went after the 'shoot me nigger' guy (Rosenbaum?) and confronted him. Although that would not be my guess. I would read the situation as more likely if he left the safety of the building perimeter group, he could be chased, by those already angry with him.

But I agree, this is what you can expect when looting/rioting and the burning of businesses occurs with impunity.
This is what happens when too many guns intersect... and too many people take themselves too damn seriously.

And really, at least the first guy he shot totally deserved it. He didn't "get people killed", an idiot got himself killed.
"Totally deserved it"?

I find it funny, the guy is surrounded by armed people, at least one of which almost shot him (the guy who got shot in the arm). And everyone keeps harping on "WHY IS THAT GUY ARMED?"

Everyone out there is an idiot, but I find the people not burning shit down, rather, trying to stop the fires, less distasteful.
How many fires did he stop? He seemed to be the only militia guy that needed to kill someone.

The chasing started before he shot anyone. If this were out of the blue he has a good self defense argument.

And I think it could have been out of the blue, based only on the prior aggro at the building perimeter. But we don't know.

Yes, well, it will be interesting if Rosenbaum there is talking about Rittenhouse, but that isn't clear. In any case, again, the fact that Rittenhouse is fleeing is going to give him a pretty solid self-defence claim in court. I really can't imagine what he could have done to negate that, legally. But maybe it's possible.

This is what happens when too many guns intersect... and too many people take themselves too damn seriously.

"Totally deserved it"?
Yes, when you and someone else chase a dude armed with a rifle, discharge a gun around that person as that person is feeling, corner them in a parking lot, then you lunge at them trying to grab their gun, you totally deserve to get shot unless there are some seriously extenuating circumstances going on. Maybe that's the case, but as it looks right now Rosenbaum acted like a hothead and got himself killed for idiotically trying to chase down and take a gun from some other guy

How many fires did he stop? He seemed to be the only militia guy that needed to kill someone.

Yes, well, he seems to be the only militia guy that was chased by other people that were armed.

This is hardly atypical. Most homicides are intraracial, and the vast majority involve young males, but in any case, protestors/counter-protestors don't neatly fall across racial lines.

You think it would be typical for shooters, those drawing their guns, and victims, at BLM protests, to be white people?

And I think it could have been out of the blue, based only on the prior aggro at the building perimeter. But we don't know.

Yes, well, it will be interesting if Rosenbaum there is talking about Rittenhouse, but that isn't clear. In any case, again, the fact that Rittenhouse is fleeing is going to give him a pretty solid self-defence claim in court. I really can't imagine what he could have done to negate that, legally. But maybe it's possible.

Well, he could have threatened someone (eg Rosenbaum) with his gun. I'm not saying that's likely. My best guess, as I've said, is that he was chased, by already angry protesters, because he had left the safety of the group at the building perimeter.

I did read somewhere that he was seen going about aiding people. He had a medical aid kit, and he had said he wanted to give aid, with it. Which gives a plausible reason for him to leave the group at the building perimeter and go 'on patrol', as he saw it.

This is hardly atypical. Most homicides are intraracial, and the vast majority involve young males, but in any case, protestors/counter-protestors don't neatly fall across racial lines.

You think it would be typical for shooters, those drawing their guns, and victims, at BLM protests, to be white people?

Well sure, if only because white people make up the majority. You seem to think that BLM protestor is essentially synonymous with "black people", and it's not. Indeed, there aren't many black people in the video footage we see. Depending on the demographics of the area in question, that's not surprising.

In any case, again, the fact that Rittenhouse is fleeing is going to give him a pretty solid self-defence claim in court. I really can't imagine what he could have done to negate that, legally. But maybe it's possible.

Rittenhouse was seconds away from his head stomped by these idiots. Remember the sickening video of the guy in Portland getting his head almost kicked off.

This teenager had no business being in the middle of a riot or a protest in another town in another state. He
drove himself to Kenosha with a firearm, looking for trouble in order to "help the police".

Actually his mom drove him there.

"Totally deserved it"?
Yes, when you and someone else chase a dude armed with a rifle, discharge a gun around that person as that person is feeling, corner them in a parking lot, then you lunge at them trying to grab their gun, you totally deserve to get shot unless there are some seriously extenuating circumstances going on. Maybe that's the case, but as it looks right now Rosenbaum acted like a hothead and got himself killed for idiotically trying to chase down and take a gun from some other guy

Yes, well, he seems to be the only militia guy that was chased by other people that were armed.
I see the chasing (then falling and shooting) in the second part, I don't see much of anything in the first part (Rosenbaum shooting)

And really, at least the first guy he shot totally deserved it. He didn't "get people killed", an idiot got himself killed.
If he shot someone, then he got that person killed. There is no other honest way to describe the outcome. The "idiot" may have contributed - although grabbing someone's firearm, in and of itself, is not an unavoidable natural cause of death.
Well sure, if you want to be obtusely literal, no one got anyone killed. The bullet killed him. But see, those sorts of semantic games that you are fond of playing are a pointless waste of time. But I'll indulge you:
Reason is not a semantic game. But I will nit infulge your emotional rhetoric.
J842P said:
To say that you "got someone killed" is to imply that you bear moral culpability, and indeed, doesn't even imply that you killed someone. Let's say I'm a mountain climber, and I encourage a novice to come along with me to a dangerous climb, and that novice trips and falls, and dies. Then someone might say to me, "you got that kid killed". And what they are implying is that I bear the responsibility for the death, notwithstanding that I didn't actually directly kill them, because I encouraged someone to do something that was irresponsible, and it's something that I should have known.
The phrase has more than one meaning. But clearly Rittenhouse got his victims killed in your sense.

J842P said:
In the case we are discussing now, Rosenbaum chased a guy who was putting out fires, although the motive remains unclear, along with another person, who had a gun and discharged that gun. At multiple points, Rosenbaum tries to take his gun away from him, and immediately following the other person (who as of now remains unidentified) discharging what seems to be a pistol, Rosenbaum lunges at Rittenhouse. At this point, Rosenbaum has more than earned getting shot.
We disagree. We shall see with whom a jury agrees.

EgZQATWWkAAP_eQ

EgZQAToXkAIXL9w

EgZQATpXgAMZ5Fn

I noticed that all last names (the shooter and 3 victims) sound German, Rosenbaum could be also Jewish.

I have been to Wisconsin and aware of that. Still, 4 out of 4 turned out to have german last names.

Joseph Rosenbaum had open criminal case in Wisconsin for battery/domestic abuse and he also jumped bail. His sexual crime case may be out of state though.

Anthony Huber had a domestic abuse case that he got probation for in 2018, and a previous domestic case involving dangerous weapons and strangulation in 2012, where he got a 2 year custodial sentence with 2 year probation.

Grosskreutz had a case of being armed with a firearm while drunk. He got 4 months with a year probation and some community service. Other than that, he was driving with suspended license, and had local ordinance violations and a dispossessory suit.

Grosskreutz, the lone surviving member of the Woke Troika, was armed on that day and he also allegedly said that he regretted not emptying his clip into the child.
EgdH2qVU0AElj_Z.png
Jacob Marshall, was or still is Grosskreutz's roommate since he was also listed as a defendant on the dispossessory suit.

Back
Top Bottom