• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rittenhouse/Kenosha Shooting Split

Blake had a knife. In his hand when they shot him? As far as I know, that’s not what he admitted to. For the purposes of the police, the knife being in the car counts as ‘in his possession’

Please spare me the care the police took not to murder his children and to mere traumatize them.

There was no question he had a knife. It just doesn't fit your impression of him as an innocent.

He was engaged in a non-custodial abduction when he was shot.

The Young Jerks, I mean The Young Turks, have walked back their prior position on KR now that they've seen what came out during the trial. They are no longer convinced of his guilt and think it might be possible that maybe he acted in self defense.

Seen on Twitter: when Kyle "cried" on the stand, those eyes were drier than Ben Shapiro's wife.

:hysterical:
I posted a couple of Twitter memes in this thread to expose how depraved, childish, and nasty the progressive left was on this issue. I see you are more than happy to do the exposing work for me.

Yes, Rittenhouse was hunted and chased after he killed an unarmed man and was being sought by the police as an active shooter.
He was also hunted down by Rosenbaum.
This drone video shows it pretty clearly.

Frankly the other two men were acting the way Rittenhouse wanted to act: they were trying to stop a bad guy. Whether or not Rittenhouse's shooting of the first guy was justified, certainly that is a matter of law and the other two were merely seeking to apprehend someone who had shot and killed a man.
But they had no authority to apprehend anybody. Huber and Grosskreutz wanted to be heroes.

They had no way of knowing if a court would find Rittenhouse guilty or innocent or even if he would face charges.
So they wanted to dispense "revolutionary justice" right then and there?
This is how the Antifa mob dealt with a civilian who did not have a weapon to defend himself.
'Broke his jaw:' Man in his 70s attacked while trying to protect burning Kenosha mattress store

I would like to think that this would put a damper on vigilantism but I doubt it will.
Had police been authorized to go harder on the rioters, there would have been no need for armed civilians to protect the businesses.
RIoters, looters and arsonists need to be arrested and then prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Especially that last part has been solely lacking in most jurisdictions. Even when arrested, most rioters got away with it because sympathetic "progressive" DAs simply dropped the charges.

Blake had a knife. In his hand when they shot him?
Yes. In his hand.

As far as I know, that’s not what he admitted to. For the purposes of the police, the knife being in the car counts as ‘in his possession’

Oh, for fuck's sake Toni! You are sounding like a YEC right now. This is what Jacob Blake said.
Jacob Blake said:
I realized I had dropped my knife, had a little pocket knife. So I picked it up after I got off of him because they tased me and I fell on top of him.
I shouldn’t have picked it up, only considering what was going on. At that time, I wasn’t thinking clearly.
So he had a knife which he dropped when he was tased. He then picked it up. He is on the passenger side of the car. He then walks around the car (that's where the video still that shows him with a knife in his hand was taken) and the knife is on the floorboard of the car. How is that possible if he was not holding the knife?

Please spare me the care the police took not to murder his children and to mere traumatize them.
You mean the children Blake was about to kidnap when he was stealing his baby mama's car?

Who said he was stealing a car? Who said he was kidnapping.....his own children?

I realize that one of the officers is now
Blake had a knife. In his hand when they shot him? As far as I know, that’s not what he admitted to. For the purposes of the police, the knife being in the car counts as ‘in his possession’

There was no question he had a knife. It just doesn't fit your impression of him as an innocent.

He was engaged in a non-custodial abduction when he was shot.
I’ve never claimed that Blake us a good guy. As far as ‘non-custodial ‘abduction’ of his children, that is not something I’ve heard before.

Nonetheless, the police grossly and needlessly endangered 3 young children.

If you can believe it, this is really the first conversation, regarding the Kenosha shooting, in which I have had anything to say at all, but now that I am here, this will be my primary contribution to the discussion.

The problem is not the fact that this guy committed a serious act of homicide. Those happen every single day, and to tell you the truth, I am usually at least slightly sympathetic toward people that have made those kinds of mistakes. I believe very firmly in restorative justice, and I think that our current judicial system's method of handling all crimes is deeply counter-productive. I agree with the Norwegian model for prison reform and feel very strongly that this young man could be turned to a better path if we adhered to such a model for reform. Regardless, the fact that he does not acknowledge the true depth of his error makes me highly inclined to mock him, not for committing the crime but for his failure to take adequate responsibility.

However, the police officers that were at the scene should not be allowed to continue working in their occupations. I do not really mean to say this in a vindictive tone, but their conduct demonstrates that, while they might deserve opportunities to pursue more appropriate careers, law-enforcement is not really an appropriate occupation for them. Their failure has become an iconic piece of evidence that we need comprehensive, even revolutionary reform in how we approach public safety. Everything needs to change, and the old way of thinking needs to be overturned. If they did not want such comprehensive reform, then they should have responded differently.

I have had a long time to think about this, and my position on the topic is non-negotiable.

The Young Jerks, I mean The Young Turks, have walked back their prior position on KR now that they've seen what came out during the trial. They are no longer convinced of his guilt and think it might be possible that maybe he acted in self defense.
So they incorporated new information into their thinking and have come to a more complete understanding of the situation?

Good for them.

That's how it's supposed to work.

Were they discussing their thoughts on his guilt or their thoughts on the _result_ of the trial?

Here's a recent video:

Is this the video you are discussing?

Were they discussing their thoughts on his guilt or their thoughts on the _result_ of the trial?

Here's a recent video:

Is this the video you are discussing?

I believe this is video that Jason Harvestdancer is referring to. Not sure if TYT has changed their minds or just Ana Kasparian. It does make you wonder what sources she was initially getting her info from on this case, so as to be so backwards on her original opinion.

Last edited:
Toni said:
Frankly the other two men were acting the way Rittenhouse wanted to act: they were trying to stop a bad guy.
But they had no authority to apprehend anybody. Huber and Grosskreutz wanted to be heroes.

They had no way of knowing if a court would find Rittenhouse guilty or innocent or even if he would face charges.

Rittenhouse “had no authority” to be there, to have a gun or to dispense medical care. He “wanted to be a hero.”
Rittenhouse wanted to “ dispense ‘revolutionary justice’ right then and there.”

FEBmtzuUcAEjg6H.jpg

If a screenwriter put this statement in the mouth of a character from a film or television show, they would be accused of creating an unrealistic straw-leftist.

Seen on Twitter: when Kyle "cried" on the stand, those eyes were drier than Ben Shapiro's wife.

I posted a couple of Twitter memes in this thread to expose how depraved, childish, and nasty the progressive left was on this issue. I see you are more than happy to do the exposing work for me.
The joke doesn't even work: Shapiro has three children.

Toni said:
Frankly the other two men were acting the way Rittenhouse wanted to act: they were trying to stop a bad guy.

Rittenhouse “had no authority” to be there, to have a gun or to dispense medical care. He “wanted to be a hero.”
The "authorities" had abandoned the citizens and were content with letting the city burn. When you promote chaos, don't complain about the consequences.

I guess I'm a little bit out of the loop these days wrt slang. What exactly does it even mean that Ben's wife is "dry"? She's in menopause?

I guess I'm a little bit out of the loop these days wrt slang. What exactly does it even mean that Ben's wife is "dry"? She's in menopause?
I assumed it meant her vagina is dry, because Ben Shapiro does not sexually excite her.

Of course, that would be an unkind thing to say, and we know the left is always kind.

Dude, no way calling yourself "thebeave" you'd miss a vag joke.

Toni said:

Yes. Nothing good was going to happen with this kid running around the streets with a weapon. The US is so bizarre.

Toni said:

Yes. Nothing good was going to happen with this kid running around the streets with a weapon. The US is so bizarre.
Rittenhouse is what happens when you say that rioting and property destruction are peaceful protests. He's the personification of "defund the police."

There is a very clear, obvious and believable scenario that can explain that discrepancy. I honestly thought you were smarter than that.

What a stupid prosecution this turned into. (I don't mean the prosecutors were necessarily stupid. The whole system has failed.) The Zimmerman wannabe figures to walk scot-free, just like Zimmerman did.

Even the misdemeanor possession charge is in doubt. Supposedly, because Rittenhouse was 17 (not 16) AND the weapon was long-barrelled, the relevant statute doesn't apply to him.
Fox News said:
Criminal laws are supposed to be interpreted narrowly. It is called the "rule of lenity" and has been around in the English system for centuries. For example, in 1547, the court was faced with a law making it a felony to steal "Horses, Geldings or Mares." Given the use of plural nouns, the court ruled that it did not apply to stealing just one horse.

I assumed it meant her vagina is dry, because Ben Shapiro does not sexually excite her.

Of course, that would be an unkind thing to say, and we know the left is always kind.
It is a reference to Shapiro going on a tear badmouthing the Cardi B song WAP (Wet Ass P****y). One statement he posted on twitter was that his wife said that is a sign of an infection. Which led people to believe he has never gotten his wife wet.

Back
Top Bottom