• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rittenhouse/Kenosha Shooting Split

Rittenhouse said he was there to “provide medical care,” during which he was goung to put his big gun on the ground and hope no one takes it while he administers “care” that he is not qualified to give while violating curfew.
I think that about sums it up. I wonder what the alleged adults in the situation were fucking thinking enabling Rittenhouse like that. I guarantee from the time he left the house to the time he killed two people he fantasied being the hero of his own story at least 287,659 times. It's what teenage boys do. It's fucking unbelievable an intelligent rational adult would think, "Yep, this will end well".
Well, it seems Rittenhouse didn't play out any vigilante fantasies. He was attacked, and responded with a lot of restraint, only using his weapon when he was absolutly forced to.

On the other hand, Rosenbaum and Ziminski, two adults, decided to attack Rittenhouse. They were the ones being irresponsible.

So, you clearly haven't even bothered to avail yourself of the basic facts.
What "basic facts"?
Like whether Rittenhouse came with other people, and what he was doing alone at that moment. Both basic facts covered in the trial.
And excessive force was not used.
What, in your mind, would have been excessive force?

If he had brought along a baseball bat, would that have been too little force?
What? No. Not sure what you think that questions gets at. Rittenhouse used a reasonable amount of force in a justified situation. You aren't allowed to randomly attack people, like Rosenbaum and Ziminski did. And if you make crazy threats about killing people, then chase that person and shoot randomly into the air and charge at a person, you are clearly acting in a manner that would make anyone fear for their life.

Well, it seems Rittenhouse didn't play out any vigilante fantasies. He was attacked, and responded with a lot of restraint, only using his weapon when he was absolutly forced to.
And the conditions that lead up to that? 17 year old kid wondering on his fucking own. With a gun. That was given. I'm sorry but that means something to me.
You aren't allowed to randomly attack people, like Rosenbaum and Ziminski did. And if you make crazy threats about killing people, then chase that person and shoot randomly into the air and charge at a person, you are clearly acting in a manner that would make anyone fear for their life.
I agree with all of that. Not everything that happened that day was on Rittenhouse. You seem to be under the delusion that Rittenhouse wanted to be the hero of his own story (which by the way you have no idea how many internet cunts are fantasising this event) and that there are no consequences.

I think you are lying when you allege Rittenhouse didn't walk into that situation being the hero of his own story. I suspect you think that.

From the videos, it looks clear to me that the first shot was before his hand was near the gun. And, in fact, the medical examiner said the shot to the hand was the second shot, the kill shot was the third or fourth. The first shot was to the groin, which would have disabled him. Even if that one was justified (I'd disagree), no more shots were needed after that to stop any threat. It was unjustified homicide. He is responsible for every trigger pull, he doesn't get freebies just because he started shooting.

No--a groin shot is not going to be immediately disabling.

The shot fractured his pelvis, and he did fall face first.

And even if it is it takes time to evaluate whether someone is down. Firing another shot takes much less mental processing than evaluating whether the next shot is necessary. The reality is that you can end up with multiple shots fired into a target that is clearly down without any wrongdoing.

I don't care, still his responsibility.

'I threw them out of the room several times': Kyle Rittenhouse's attorney says he didn't approve of Tucker Carlson film crew
"I did not approve of that. I threw them out of the room several times," Mark Richards told CNN's Chris Cuomo.

He added: "I don't think a film crew is appropriate for something like this but the people who were raising the money to pay for the experts and to pay for the attorneys were trying to raise money and that was part of it so I think, I don't want to say an evil but a definite distraction was part of it. I didn't approve of it but I'm not always the boss."
:lol:

And as to the claim that KR acted in self-defense, where does it end? What will *not* qualify as self-defense?

At least, herding a person with a couple of trucks before shooting them did not qualify in another case.

Yeah, this could lead to a bunch of KR "hero" wannabes, self-appointed armed citizens patrolling protests.
There have been armed people at protests well before Rittenhouse, on both sides.

Sure, but this could embolden more of that activity.

Wisconsin needs to change it's law--as it stands the prosecution had to prove it wasn't self defense beyond a reasonable doubt. I'm inclined to think the jury actually got it right--while I don't think Rittenhouse wasn't acting in valid self defense whether that can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt is another matter.

And the conditions that lead up to that? 17 year old kid wondering on his fucking own. With a gun. That was given. I'm sorry but that means something to me.
He wasn't there alone. He was there with a group. He got separated from the group when the police blocked off one of the roads. These are just basic facts of the case.

When the encounter with Rosenbaum and Ziminski happened, he was running over to a part of the group with his friend to put out a fire with a fire extinguisher.

But, since BLM are on the left side of the spectrum, they don't view private property rights as anything special. Communism involves the abolition of private property rights.

This is a stupid straw man. It is incredibly dishonest.
BLM does not equal communist.
That’s just achingly stupid.

“The first thing, I think, is that we actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia in particular are trained organizers,” she said, referring to BLM co-founder Alicia Garza.
“We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think that what we really tried to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many black folk,” Cullors added in the interview with Jared Ball of The Real News Network.
While promoting her book “When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir” in 2018, Cullors described her introduction to and support for Marxist ideology."

I really feel like you guys aren't looking very far for your news. This has been well known to Republicans for years now. But every time we say they are a Marxist group, people laugh. Republicans didn't make up the BLM founding saying they are trained marxists. She said it straight out of her own mouth. So when Republicans say there is a Marxist agenda going on, they are right. It's just the facts.

Why do you think Republicans say that they support black lives, but they don't support Marxist BLM? It would basically be the equivalent of supporting white lives but not supporting the KKK and then people getting mad that you don't support the KKK when you claim to support white lives.

Marxism is a bankrupt economic system. Nobody can ever tell me how it works. I once asked someone, "I don't want to work. What happens to me in communism?" Person told me, "Someone will build you a house and you can sit inside and do nothing." "I asked, "Who's going to build me a house and why would they do that? Who's going to supply the power to it?" They had no response. The idea that in a system with no incentive to work people will still go around building houses for people is a huge fantasy. I had another discussion where I asked someone, :"What if I want a house by the beach?" Peron said, "Then you go live in a house by the beach." I asked, "How do we determine who gets the house? I wouldn't be the only person who wants to live by the beach." They had no response.

Last edited:
Marxism is a bankrupt economic system. Nobody can ever tell me how it works. I once asked someone, "I don't want to work. What happens to me in communism?" Person told me, "Someone will build you a house and [blah blah blah blah..... bunch of irrelevant stuff from a tangent]

Can you point to a specific place in Das Kapital where it says that they will build you a house because you are lazy?

Marxism is a bankrupt economic system. Nobody can ever tell me how it works. I once asked someone, "I don't want to work. What happens to me in communism?" Person told me, "Someone will build you a house and [blah blah blah blah..... bunch of irrelevant stuff from a tangent]

Can you point to a specific place in Das Kapital where it says that they will build you a house because you are lazy?

Just very strange that under capitalism if a person does not want to work, then they will basically die or at least be homeless. So under communism if someone doesn't want to work, they will either die or at least be homeless.

This solves nothing. Why mvoe to communism, then?

Just very strange that under capitalism if a person does not want to work, then they will basically die or at least be homeless. So under communism if someone doesn't want to work, they will either die or at least be homeless.

This solves nothing. Why mvoe to communism, then?
You could've just answered no. It's a lot easier to type.

I've explained all the fake news in this article. Rittenhouse was not a right wing extremist. He only killed people who attacked him and tried to take his weapon. One guy put his hands up and he didn't shoot him, which showed incredible restraint on his part, especially at 17 to handle that gun with so much discipline. A less trained person would've just opened fire. Rittenhouse actually said in the interview that there is systemic bias in the justice system and conservatives got mad! Rittenhouse himself said that the shooting should not have been political but that both sides latched onto him and tried to use him for their cause. What a smart guy. He called out both sides.

That article still says that Trump organized a coup on Jan 6 when the FBI alread admitted that it found no evidence of a coup/insurrection. The investigation is done and over. FBI said there was NO EVIDENCE TO SAY IT WAS A COUP/INSURRECTION!

Plus right wing militias aren't the instigators. The rioters and looters are the instigators destroying cities and communities and the right wing militias want to protect property rights. If rioters and looters weren't burning down cities, there would be no need for the militias.

Stop getting your news from CNN. You realize last year CNN showed video of the riots with cities on fire in the background and the guy on the TV said, "Mostly peaceful protest here, guys!" It's become a meme. Stop thinking that a moronic QANON shaman guy is worthy of being scared to death and shaking in your boots over.

Meanwhile Rittenhouse continues to show no signs of any remorse for the killing of human beings.
article said:
“I have really good lawyers who are taking care of that right now,” Rittenhouse said. “So I’m hoping one day there will be some — there will be accountability for their actions that they did.”
Yes, Kyle, you are the true victim in all this.

Anyone who reacts this way to killing in self defense is either a sociopath or wasn't really killing in self defense in the first place.
That's been my worthless gut opinion most of this time. He doesn't seem right.
Mr Rittenhouse is still a teenager, which may help explain his cluelessness.
Was there testimony about him vomiting and going into shock after what happened? Or a Zimmerman-like I ain't done nothin' wrong reaction. This whole time, we heard how he went there to do good, but his reaction post the shooting weren't of a person that went there to do good. Even in his fake crying scene, it was about how he was in danger.

It could be teenaged dumbery, but my money is on sociopath. And you can take that diagnosis (and $5) to get an over-priced cup of burned roasted coffee at Starbucks.
He may or may not be a sociopath. I still stand by my position that he should NOT have been charged as an adult because of his age, despite the serious nature of the crimes for which he was charged. Regardless of whether or not he started this as a sociopath, his legal exoneration and the positive reinforcement he's received since killing 2 men and seriously wounding a 3rd man, both pre and post trial almost certainly ensure that he is being made into a sociopath.

I stand by my original position: He should have been charged as a juvenile and convicted and sent to someplace where he could possibly get help. I hate to write anyone off as a lost cause at age 18 but I think he's more dangerous than most gangbangers.

Meanwhile Rittenhouse continues to show no signs of any remorse for the killing of human beings.
article said:
“I have really good lawyers who are taking care of that right now,” Rittenhouse said. “So I’m hoping one day there will be some — there will be accountability for their actions that they did.”

Anyone who reacts this way to killing in self defense is either a sociopath or wasn't really killing in self defense in the first place.
Was there testimony about him vomiting and going into shock after what happened? Or a Zimmerman-like I ain't done nothin' wrong reaction. This whole time, we heard how he went there to do good, but his reaction post the shooting weren't of a person that went there to do good. Even in his fake crying scene, it was about how he was in danger.

It could be teenaged dumbery, but my money is on sociopath. And you can take that diagnosis (and $5) to get an over-priced cup of burned roasted coffee at Starbucks.
He may or may not be a sociopath. I still stand by my position that he should NOT have been charged as an adult because of his age, despite the serious nature of the crimes for which he was charged. Regardless of whether or not he started this as a sociopath, his legal exoneration and the positive reinforcement he's received since killing 2 men and seriously wounding a 3rd man, both pre and post trial almost certainly ensure that he is being made into a sociopath.

I stand by my original position: He should have been charged as a juvenile and convicted and sent to someplace where he could possibly get help. I hate to write anyone off as a lost cause at age 18 but I think he's more dangerous than most gangbangers.

You really need to get off the fake news. THE ONLY PEOPLE HE KILLED ARE ONES WHO ATTACKED HIM! How does that make him more dangerous than gangbangers? Gangbangers kill innocent people. You people seem to live in a different reality.

I've explained all the fake news in this article. Rittenhouse was not a right wing extremist. He only killed people who attacked him and tried to take his weapon. One guy put his hands up and he didn't shoot him, which showed incredible restraint on his part, especially at 17 to handle that gun with so much discipline. A less trained person would've just opened fire. Rittenhouse actually said in the interview that there is systemic bias in the justice system and conservatives got mad! Rittenhouse himself said that the shooting should not have been political but that both sides latched onto him and tried to use him for their cause. What a smart guy. He called out both sides.

That article still says that Trump organized a coup on Jan 6 when the FBI alread admitted that it found no evidence of a coup/insurrection. The investigation is done and over. FBI said there was NO EVIDENCE TO SAY IT WAS A COUP/INSURRECTION!

Plus right wing militias aren't the instigators. The rioters and looters are the instigators destroying cities and communities and the right wing militias want to protect property rights. If rioters and looters weren't burning down cities, there would be no need for the militias.

Stop getting your news from CNN. You realize last year CNN showed video of the riots with cities on fire in the background and the guy on the TV said, "Mostly peaceful protest here, guys!" It's become a meme. Stop thinking that a moronic QANON shaman guy is worthy of being scared to death and shaking in your boots over.
That's not entirely accurate: The FBI has stated that it found 'scant' evidence, not no evidence of a centrally organized coup. It was merely coincidence and 'one off's' that 571 people have been arrested in relation to the events of January 6.

article said:

You really need to get off the fake news. THE ONLY PEOPLE HE KILLED ARE ONES WHO ATTACKED HIM! How does that make him more dangerous than gangbangers? Gangbangers kill innocent people. You people seem to live in a different reality.
We see the evil. We see the bad faith. You fool nobody, and lest ye not forget the rule of 3.

Back
Top Bottom