• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Roe v Wade is on deck

Word has it that the Ohio AG is going after the Indiana doctor who performed the abortion on the ten year old girl.

If I lived in Ohio I'd start a letter writing campaign.

Demand that a check point be posted at every road crossing into Indiana. Require anyone crossing the state border either display their penis to the satisfaction of the authorities or wait for the results of a pregnancy test.
Tom

Word has it that the Ohio AG is going after the Indiana doctor who performed the abortion on the ten year old girl.

It's the Indiana AG who said that, well something like it.

link

Yeah, Indiana AG.

But in Ohio...

article said:
Ohio’s Republican attorney general, Dave Yost, said on Fox News on Monday that there was no evidence of a report being filed for the 10-year-old’s case, though based on the felony complaint, a police report was generated in late June for the rape of the child.
They are a cancer.

So, which unreliable media sources claimed it was Ohio AG?

Maybe he did it also?

I dislike modern media news sources. I especially dislike internet posters who make claims based on the less reliable ones.
Tom

I made a mistake.
I understand that.

My point was about the horrible state of modern media. The control it has over the people who get their news from the internet.

This particular misinformation mattered to me because I'm a Hoosier. The difference between what the Ohio government does and what the Indiana government does matters more to me than most IIDB members who see both Ohio and Indiana as "flyover country".

Nothing personal, but you contributed to the campaign of misinformation by posting something on the world wide web that wasn't true. Maybe other IIDB members will realize that, since it is a tiny corner of the web. But people do this a lot and it's a big disaster for modern society.
Tom

Rabbi’s suit over Florida abortion law tests bounds of religious objections after Roe

Weeks before the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade, revoking a woman’s constitutional right to abortion, a rabbi and lawyer in Boynton Beach was preparing to take action against Florida. The state’s ban on abortions after 15 weeks, he said, directly targets Jews.

“Judaism is in conflict with this law,” Rabbi Barry Silver of Congregation L’Dor Va-Dor said in an interview, explaining that Judaism supports abortions if necessary to protect the health and well-being of the mother. “We’d have to choose between practicing Judaism and this law — and if we go with Judaism, we risk criminal prosecution. I, as a rabbi, if I counsel someone to have an abortion, can be tossed in to jail.”

Across the country, Jewish organizations had watched Florida’s Republican governor, Ron DeSantis, sign the abortion restriction into law in April with alarm. He chose to hold the signing ceremony at Nacion de Fe, an evangelical church in Kissimmee.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/po...-politics/article262964903.html#storylink=cpy

It wouldn't be an abortion anyway:

And note that Texas doesn't like the exemption for a dangerous pregnancy:

And the doctors are running such things past their lawyers. Lawyers don't work 24/7.

I made a mistake.
I understand that.

My point was about the horrible state of modern media. The control it has over the people who get their news from the internet.

This particular misinformation mattered to me because I'm a Hoosier. The difference between what the Ohio government does and what the Indiana government does matters more to me than most IIDB members who see both Ohio and Indiana as "flyover country".

Nothing personal, but you contributed to the campaign of misinformation by posting something on the world wide web that wasn't true. Maybe other IIDB members will realize that, since it is a tiny corner of the web. But people do this a lot and it's a big disaster for modern society.
Tom

It was really just an innocent mistake, and you should bear in mind that this forum does not allow members to edit their own posts when typos and brain farts lead to these kinds of errors after a short time period. Normally, one might go back, edit the typo out, and post an explanation for the edit. I find that I make a number of these types of errors myself. I try to proofread and correct during the short edit window, but my aging brain is no longer as good a proofreader as it used to be. So, if I miss the edit window, the error cannot be corrected.

Since I grew up in Ohio, I ought to feel even more insulted than you, since he obviously slandered Ohio, the state that thought it was a good idea to force 10-year-old rape victims to carry their resulting pregnancies to term. That would certainly deter more 10-year-olds from allowing themselves to be raped, and, as I understand it, Indiana very much admires the law and wants to pursue a similar policy for their state. A future Indiana would make the choice for 10-year-olds and their parents. Frankly, if I were you, I'd probably seek to perpetuate the disinformation that it was the Ohio AG, but carry on correcting the record, if the truth is more important to you. :)

I made a mistake.
I understand that.
Typically this is the point where you stop and move on.

Tom
Typically this is the point where we roll our eyes.

It wouldn't be an abortion anyway:

And note that Texas doesn't like the exemption for a dangerous pregnancy:

And the doctors are running such things past their lawyers. Lawyers don't work 24/7.

Gov. Abbott sending a shot across the bow of the hospitals saying 'if you do anything to pregnant women in need... we'll be there to sue your hospital and put you in prison. Oh yeah... and fuck the pregnant women.'

Gov. Abbott sending a shot across the bow of the hospitals saying 'if you do anything to pregnant women in need... we'll be there to sue your hospital and put you in prison. Oh yeah... and fuck the pregnant women.'

I doubt that he can, considering his physical challenges, being paralyzed from the waist down.
He probably resents it, and is taking out his impotence on women.

1657894091914.png

link

article said:
The story went viral, with news outlets around the planet running the story. Officials from President Joe Biden on down weighed in. But as the story gained traction, some on the right began to question its validity. Earlier this week, Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost went on FOX News and questioned whether the story was real, saying there wasn't a "whisper" of evidence to support it. Yost later spoke to USA Today, doubling down on his doubts about the account. Others, such as Rep. Jim Jordan, also began calling the story fake.

Except it wasn't fake. On Tuesday, another of The Enquirer's sister papers, The Columbus Dispatch, reported on the arrest of a Columbus man in regards to the rape. All the shouting, the doubting and the accusations that the story was fabricated vanished. What remained was a very public record of people like Yost and Jordan, their feet in their mouths, having caused verbal abuse to a child and family that had already endured the unimaginable.
Well, it fit their narrative of lying democrats, lying abortion rights supporters, and most importantly, the lying media. It had to be false because of the crap they've lied about for decades.

And it actually happened... is actually happening. These uncommon things are uncommon, however they are not unprecedented or merely hypotheticals. But let's not let the truth get in the way of the GOP smearing all things not-GOP.
article said:
Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) refused to apologize for his since-deleted tweet describing the story of a 10-year-old Ohio rape victim as a “lie,” claiming on Thursday that he was merely “responding to a headline” and took down the post once the alleged rapist was charged.
And this ignores women having issues with receiving access to health care with miscarriages, ectopic pregnancies in places like Texas, where the State is doubling down its warnings to hospitals about providing pregnant women emergency pregnancy related health care.

The GOP continues to show their true colors here. They are vile.

INDIANAPOLIS — After Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita threatened to go after the license of an Indiana physician who provided an abortion to a 10-year-old rape victim from Ohio, documents obtained by FOX59 through a public record request proved the physician not only filed a terminated pregnancy report but filed the report within the required timeframe.

The terminated pregnancy report, obtained by FOX59’s Angela Ganote, shows that Caitlin Bernard, an Indiana obstetrician-gynecologist, reported the abortion on July 2, two days after the abortion was performed and within the three days required for terminations to be reported to the Department of Child Service and the Indiana Department of Health.

In the report, Bernard also indicated that the child suffered abuse.
So the AG can go pound sand.

(CNN)Emotion fueled a debate on the Senate floor on Thursday as Republicans objected to taking up a Democratic bill that would guarantee a woman's constitutional right to travel across state lines to receive abortion care.

The Democratic bill, called the Freedom to Travel for Health Care Act of 2022 was introduced earlier this week by Sens. Patty Murray of Washington, Catherine Cortez Masto of Nevada, Sheldon Whitehouse of Rhode Island and Kirsten Gillibrand of New York. The bill would additionally protect providers in states that support abortion rights from lawsuits for helping women from other states.

Murray, who chairs the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, said GOP lawmakers across the nation "have already set their sights on ripping away the right to travel."

"Let's be really clear what that means: They want to hold women captive in their own states," she said. "They want to punish women and anyone who might help them for exercising their constitutional right to travel within our country to get the services that they need in another state. I hope everyone really observes how extreme and how radical and how un-American that is."

Sen. Steve Daines, Republican from Montana, argued the Senate must reject this "radical" bill because it would "give fly-in abortionists free rein to commit abortions on demand." He also argued it "protects the greed, frankly, of woke corporations who see it as cheaper to pay for an abortion and abortion tourism than maternity leave for their employees."

Back
Top Bottom