• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Roe v Wade is on deck

"Third Division Sec. 14 said:
No black or mulatto, or Indian, Mongolian, or Asiatic, shall be permitted to give evidence in favor of or against any white person. Every person who shall have one-fourth part or more of negro blood shall be deemed a mulatto, and every person who shall have one-half of Indian blood shall be deemed an Indian."
Well, thank goodness we got that figured out!
That was one of the first things that popped into my head. I'm sure there's a ton of stuff in that old legislation that will make Arizonans...

Uncomfortable.
Tom
I dunno. I think that for a lot of Arizonans and MAGAS in general, the only portion that they will actually have problem with is the part about not having sex with kids 10 and under...

Just figured this was relevant. I hadn't realized that the data leaned far more towards abortion dropping the crime rate than lead. That means the Republicans are trying to double the crime rate.
Well, I can't help but think that the studies on leaded fuel in NASCAR and the impact of ending that on the schools there indicate that it is probably BOTH things in fairly equal measure.

That said, yes Republicans want to increase the "crime rate" because one of their primary cash cows is prison slavery.

Kinda hard to run a plantation worker leasing business without the slaves.

AUSTIN, Texas – Leaked video shows Hood County Constable Scott London, Hood County GOP Chair Steve Biggers and Hood County GOP Chair candidate Greg Harrell attending a meeting held by Abolish Abortion Texas (AATX) where they supported the death penalty for women who seek abortions or use IVF, including pregnant minors. London and Harrel have also signed onto a pledge from the same group vowing to abolish all circumstances of abortion care in Texas.

The video was obtained by Hood County Democrats Chair Adrienne Quinn Martin and took place at a True Texas Project chapter’s meeting in Granbury, Texas. The event was hosted by Monica Brown–who is known for her attempts to ban books she deems inappropriate–and originally streamed from her Facebook page in January.

Paul Brown, who is the Director of Policy for Abolish Abortion Texas (AATX) said that IVF is a form of abortion and that when a fertilized egg is destroyed it should be considered murder, saying “Their lives [women] don’t matter any more than the babies’ they are killing.”

Brown also said how the group is against basic contraception pointing to the emergency contraception pill Plan B, saying that it “terminates or kills a baby prior to implantation – which is an abortion”

This video is horrifying.

Yes. It really makes you think, doesn't it.
Life and death.
Hard to believe the abortion debate revolves around whether killing other human beings is or isn't OK.

Life and death.
Hard to believe the abortion debate revolves around whether killing other human beings is or isn't OK.
It doesn’t. It revolves around a woman’s right to her own reproductive freedom.
NOBODY Thinks killing a person is “OK”.

Some people think nearly invisible blobs of protoplasm are people. I grant them their right to that belief. I don’t believe that, I think it’s stupid and counterfactual except by the most extreme contortions of definition. And I don’t acknowledge anyone else’s right to impose their beliefs upon my own.

Life and death.
I remember being pro-choice before going through the adjacency of pregnancy of my wife with our daughter. After that whole experience, I think one needs to be either dreadfully awful or blissfully ignorant to ever consider forcing a "pro-life" position on another.

And as to pro-life, I've yet to see a single pro-preggers funding bill in a State Legislature, to support the women who are now pregnant that weren't ready for it, mentally, psychologically, professionally, or age-wise. So the "pro-life" movement go fuck itself.

I don’t think anyone who has not been pregnant can fully comprehend the ordinary, day to day indignities and invasions of ricmvscy any visibly pregnant woman is just casually subjected to. Strangers will stop you in the street and regale you with stories of triplets or 36 hour long labor or delivering in a taxi cab. A friend told me about one of her friends who was an obstetrics resident who delivers a baby by emergency c-section without anethesia. I was about 8 months pregnant and anticipating another c-section at the time. People want to talk to you about the pregnancy. Strangers want to talk to you about your pregnancy and they’re and they’re cousin’s neighbor’s sisters pregnancy, tell you awful stories about things going wrong and they want to touch your belly. Almost all of this is well meaning but how would any of the men here feel about strangers wanting to come up and pat your tummy and comment on your body—something women do not need to be pregnant to experience. And of course people will tell you what you can and cannot eat or drink, how much exercise you should take and how much sex you should have and what positions. and opine about whether you look to young/old/thin/fat—whatever. They’ll tell you that acne flare up ( thank you for noticing says no one ever) will probably go away in the next trimester or after delivery and for sure when you ween the baby.

None of that compares with people at your job speculating about how much time you will take off and lining about the inconvenience of the likelihood that you’ll just quit. Or suggest that maybe you should not continue on a project or account or a million things that affect your career. Expectant fathers are usually congratulated and often promoted. And praised for taking parental leave.

So committed bachelor (gay?) Lindsey Graham is not probably not personally at risk of being caught for having to pay for a secret abortion. That makes him the right one to propose the national abortion ban.

So committed bachelor (gay?) Lindsey Graham is not probably not personally at risk of being caught for having to pay for a secret abortion. That makes him the right one to propose the national abortion ban.
Well, no. I think he wants to continue being elected and that particular position is not quite as widely popular at the ballot box as it is in front of TV cameras.

Watching the rats trying to flee the ship they set on fire.

With irony being the people elected these fucks in the first place and ignored warnings about Roe v Wade being in danger.

I remember being pro-choice before going through the adjacency of pregnancy of my wife with our daughter. After that whole experience, I think one needs to be either dreadfully awful or blissfully ignorant to ever consider forcing a "pro-life" position on another.

And yet there's an equally large cohort of people who have had the same experience and would think you 'awful and/or 'ignorant' for your opposite views on abortion.

So you haven't advanced the argument.

And as to pro-life, I've yet to see a single pro-preggers funding bill in a State Legislature, to support the women who are now pregnant that weren't ready for it, mentally, psychologically, professionally, or age-wise.

Do my eyes deceive me or are you conceding that if such a funding bill were to be passed, you would agree to ban abortion in that same jurisdiction?

Are you authorized to bargain away the central pillar of the abortion-on-demand lobby?

So the "pro-life" movement go fuck itself.

Genius argument.

And yet there's an equally large cohort of people who have had the same experience and would think you 'awful and/or 'ignorant' for your opposite views on abortion.
For men, yes. Not for the birthing folks though.
And as to pro-life, I've yet to see a single pro-preggers funding bill in a State Legislature, to support the women who are now pregnant that weren't ready for it, mentally, psychologically, professionally, or age-wise.
Do my eyes deceive me or are you conceding that if such a funding bill were to be passed, you would agree to ban abortion in that same jurisdiction?
Wha? I'd be happy to see such legislation to be passed. That doesn't make it ethical to force women to endure a pregnancy, birth, and the consequences of that. Money doesn't make those things go away.

That is of course a distraction. There have been no pro-pregger bills to support women newly forced to have children they aren't prepared to have. What else do you need to know that pro-life is void of compassion.
Are you authorized to bargain away the central pillar of the abortion-on-demand lobby?
50 or so years and all you have is some bullshit hyperbole strawman. This idea you have to change the argument to try and demonize some face of the equation because you have no answer to the human aspect of a woman's right to herself exposes how morally unethical your position is.
Genius argument.
That wasn't an argument, it was contempt.

For men, yes. Not for the birthing folks though.

Your anecdote disguised as argument doesn't work because it's cancelled out by the existence of men who are prolife because they experienced pregnancy from a fathers perspective.

Wha? I'd be happy to see such legislation to be passed. That doesn't make it ethical to force women to endure a pregnancy, birth, and the consequences of that. Money doesn't make those things go away.

You were the one who brought up funding bills to support pregnant women.

That is of course a distraction.

Yes. It's a blatant red herring.

50 or so years and all you have is some bullshit hyperbole strawman.

You were the one who brought up funding bills to support pregnant women.

This idea you have to change the argument to try and demonize some face of the equation because you have no answer to the human aspect of a woman's right to herself exposes how morally unethical your position is.

How does my calling out your red herring demonise anyone?

Genius argument.
That wasn't an argument, it was contempt.

There's the bedrock. I knew it.

Life and death.
This fails badly because abortion is being held to a higher standard than self defense. Women are being refused abortions in situations that would otherwise be considered justifiable homicide.

According to a poll conducted between your ears, one is to suppose?

It doesn’t. It revolves around a woman’s right to her own reproductive freedom.
NOBODY Thinks killing a person is “OK”.

Some people think nearly invisible blobs of protoplasm are people. I grant them their right to that belief. I don’t believe that, I think it’s stupid and counterfactual except by the most extreme contortions of definition. And I don’t acknowledge anyone else’s right to impose their beliefs upon my own.
Exactly. What's distinct about people?

There's only one characteristic that considerably sets humans apart from animals: the mind. Thus I can't see the term "person" applying to something without an at least somewhat functional mind. Thus personhood extends from first consciousness to last consciousness. (Admittedly, the latter often isn't known other than in hindsight.) And forget the crap about "brain function" showing up early on. Static is not a signal. Any more than the "heartbeat" that is likewise electrical activity but no pumping.

Back
Top Bottom