• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ron Porter resignation

humbleman

Basic Beliefs
Humanism
http://www.businessinsider.com/rob-porter-resigns-abuse-wives-white-house-2018-2

After ex-wives allege years of abuse, top White House staffer Rob Porter resigns

President Donald Trump's inner circle, resigned Wednesday after two of his ex-wives accused him of physically and emotionally abusing them during their marriages.

Colbie Holderness, who was married to Porter for five years, provided photos to the Daily Mail of black eyes she said Porter gave her, while Jennifer Willoughby provided a copy of a 2010 protective order she filed against Porter after he violated a separation agreement and refused to leave their home, she said.

Porter's profile had increased in recent months as he became the right-hand adviser to John Kelly, the White House chief of staff.

Porter denied the allegations.

180207155954-holderness-photo-exlarge-169.jpg

Probably she is telling the truth about abuses from the husband, but the picture doesn't represent what she claims, unless it was taken days after the abuse.

A hit on the eye will show swelling for a few days, and the eye ball won't be clear white but reddish.

If not some kind of trauma that Mr. Porter might have suffered to become violent, perhaps high cholesterol or many reasons or, perhaps bad luck in his marriage having his wives bitching around.

If Mr. Porter needs counseling to overcome a trauma, or it's a physical issue, then he might be under the right treatment and problem solved, he might be able to marry another woman. By the way, I knew a person who was calm and with great personality. Living with his girlfriend, many months later he became some kind of angry, his personality changed.

In his annual physical with his doctor, it was found that he had an infection in his liver. After the infection was under treatment and taken away, this man returned back to his "old calm personality".

So, this is one side of the solution.

On the other hand, if the wives were bitching around, then the wives are not the victims but Mr. Porter.

In this case, when wives bitch around there is no solution, best is to leave them to get lost.

Unfortunately, the news media has not gone far yet to have more details.

My position is that Mr. Porter to keep silence, to let the wives to say whatever they want to say. If they were bitching around, the lover will talk, because money rules, and for money lovers come out and talk like bitches. Then, IF there were lovers, investigation will find them. And Mr. Porter without saying anything will be vindicated.

If no lovers, no wives bitching, then Mr. Porter must ask for help and be under treatment, something that will make him better than the greater he was when working in the White House.

CNN had an interview with a person who worked in the White House for the former administration, and he said that it is hard to obtain the full records of everyone working in the White House, specially when transition goes from one party into another. Lots of people are fired, many resign, and the transaction won't take months but more than a year.

No reason to point fingers about not knowing the case of Mr. Porter with his wives.

<waffle-weasel words deleted>

No reason to point fingers about not knowing the case of Mr. Porter with his wives.

I guess you believe that two women would open themselves up to Federal felony charges for lying to the FBI, just to make a little trouble for a guy they don't like.
It takes a real moron to swallow that pile of dog shit.

I guess you believe that two women would open themselves up to Federal felony charges for lying to the FBI, just to make a little trouble for a guy they don't like.
Women don't usually get in trouble for falsely accusing men about things.
Especially now in the #MeToo witch hunt era they are believed without question.

[
....If not some kind of trauma that Mr. Porter might have suffered to become violent, perhaps high cholesterol or many reasons or, perhaps bad luck in his marriage having his wives bitching around. ..
You need to elucidate on this, nothing there justifies physical or mental abuse. Nor does it explain it.

- - - Updated - - -

Women don't usually get in trouble for falsely accusing men about things.
Especially now in the #MeToo witch hunt era they are believed without question.
Since these allegations date back to the time when men did not usually get into trouble for beating their wives, does that make it even?

It was war, I mean WAR, I tell ya

[
....If not some kind of trauma that Mr. Porter might have suffered to become violent, perhaps high cholesterol or many reasons or, perhaps bad luck in his marriage having his wives bitching around. ..
You need to elucidate on this, nothing there justifies physical or mental abuse. Nor does it explain it.

This might explain it a little...

Sirach 26: 24 A shameless wife enjoys making a disgrace of herself, but a modest wife will act modestly even alone with her husband. 25 A self-willed woman is a bitch, but a woman with a sense of decency honors the Lord. 26 A wife who honors her husband will seem wise to everyone; but if she dishonors him by her overbearing attitude, everyone will know that she is ungodly. Fortunate is the husband of a good wife, because he will live twice as long. 27 A loud-mouthed, talkative woman is like a trumpet sounding the signal for attack, and any man who has such a wife will spend his life at war.

http://www.businessinsider.com/rob-porter-resigns-abuse-wives-white-house-2018-2

After ex-wives allege years of abuse, top White House staffer Rob Porter resigns

President Donald Trump's inner circle, resigned Wednesday after two of his ex-wives accused him of physically and emotionally abusing them during their marriages.

Colbie Holderness, who was married to Porter for five years, provided photos to the Daily Mail of black eyes she said Porter gave her, while Jennifer Willoughby provided a copy of a 2010 protective order she filed against Porter after he violated a separation agreement and refused to leave their home, she said.

Porter's profile had increased in recent months as he became the right-hand adviser to John Kelly, the White House chief of staff.

Porter denied the allegations.

Probably she is telling the truth about abuses from the husband, but...
Oh yes, the hedge butt.

The Hedge Butt : The "but" that goes past an initial statement that is made to give cover to roughly 10x the amount of text that indicates an opinion other than the original statement. Provides cover to person who uses it by allowing them the disingenuous ability to claim that they always believed the initial statement, when in fact they never did.

When you see a "Hedge Butt", it is best to skip down a while and just pretend you never read any of it.

On the other hand, if the wives were bitching around, then the wives are not the victims but Mr. Porter.
Man, even if I was the hungriest fish and hadn't eaten in months, I wouldn't bite on that.

My position is that Mr. Porter to keep silence, to let the wives to say whatever they want to say. If they were bitching around, the lover will talk, because money rules, and for money lovers come out and talk like bitches. Then, IF there were lovers, investigation will find them. And Mr. Porter without saying anything will be vindicated.

If no lovers, no wives bitching, then Mr. Porter must ask for help and be under treatment, something that will make him better than the greater he was when working in the White House.
My universal translator is on the fritz again.

This is a major loss to the White House. Porter was really good at making those two bullet point lists to simplify complicated things into just two bullet points. He was also great at pie charts.

A judge granted a protective order in 2010 - so obviously that judge had some evidence to believe her. But you sitting on the sidelines can say - ya but she has to be making this up because.... because its a white male, and he can't be wrong.

A judge granted a protective order in 2010 - so obviously that judge had some evidence to believe her. But you sitting on the sidelines can say - ya but she has to be making this up because.... because its a white male, and he can't be wrong.

"She has to be making this up because"... who doesn't enjoy exposing themselves to Federal felony charges just for fun?

180207155954-holderness-photo-exlarge-169.jpg

...the picture doesn't represent what she claims, unless it was taken days after the abuse.

A hit on the eye will show swelling for a few days, and the eye ball won't be clear white but reddish.
My ex partner was leading a horse to a paddock when it got startled. As the horse's head swung around it hit her in the face. By the time she got home about 20 minutes later, the swelling under her left eye had all but closed it. An hour later the swelling had disappeared completely, and there was no reddening of her sclera ever. It looked exactly like the banged eye pictured above within the hour of being hit. In other words, you are talking ex recto.

At any rate, the exact date and time the photo was taken can be determined by simply looking at the file's EXIF data.

<waffle-weasel words deleted>

^^^ exactly that

There’s fine people on both sides of abusive relationships.

I agree and disagree in part with the messages given here, because those are very good arguments against mine.

Still, the whole story of Mr. Porter might vanishes before we know with certainty what happened and why violence had to happen in their lives.

But your reply in particular just reminds me the Hindu or Muslim woman who yesterday or before yesterday was in the news attacking "white men in power".

I will clarify that feminists are loonies when they claim 50-50 sharing of the power in congress, in business and so forth.

To start, nobody votes because gender, unless the woman is uuuuuuugly like Mrs. Clinton and good looking as Mr. Trump. In this case it was obvious, the ones who voted for Mrs. Clinton were blind.

Point is that leaders are elected by their capacity to lead, not because is a man or a woman. The claims of feminists in this aspect of 50-50 power sharing is stupid.

On the other hand, what is your problem with white men in power?

What do you want: a black man who is the most violent against women? Are you against black men too?

Listen, this country became the greatest of the greatest under the leadership of white men. Under president Obama nothing great was made. Eight years in power and he did nothing for black people, nothing for black women and less for black children.

The presidents who have made great reforms in favor of black people have been white men presidents. A president who gave amnesty to illegal immigrants was a white man president.

(I will scare a lot in having as president an old woman in her menopause, God saves us of such event, this country is to powerful for having that disgrace... lol)

When that Hindu or Muslim woman was attacking white men, she was attacking their wives and their children as well. So hell with that Hindu or Muslim woman, because she is attacking families, not individuals, because the wives and children of the white men in power are "one" with their husbands.

Look at the nations ruled by men of other races, specially black race. Look at them... don't change your eyes to a different place, look at them... check what they do with their countries... internal wars, killing of innocents, abuses by lots... yes... don't play blind now... look at them....

Do you think that a woman president will make those countries better? They won't even listen to her. At least here in the US white men leaders listen what women want and consider reviews about it. Women in this country have more liberty than anywhere in the world.

Be conscious about reality, otherwise, if you don't want to recognize that white people were the pioneers and makers of this great nation, then find your book of history and verify it.

If you don't like what you see, then pull the pages with the pictures of those white men and set fire and burn them... still you know I'm right in this, if we were to be under black men at the beginning of the independence of this country, until today we should be fighting state against state, city against city, neighborhood against neighborhood, and women should be victims of more abuses than ever.

Rather than attacking the white race, just accept that without their ruling the history of the world should be a complete disaster. You can claim that countries lead by white men subjected other countries, and the answer is yes, they did, but at the end of the day, progress reached to everybody.

Here in the US, until 80s and 90s, the majority of young black people was against society because the no equal treatment of the past, and their reaction was that "society must pay them for the suffering of their ancestors".

Hell with that. Lots of new young blacks don't feel that way anymore, and they progress and take advantage of the opportunities this country offers to succeed in life.

That is what you should do as well, rather than complaining against a non existing injustice, you too take advantage of the same opportunities and work to unite the country rather than creating division.

Probably she is telling the truth about abuses from the husband,

Ahem...

THEN NOTHING FUCKING ELSE NEEDS TO BE SAID

What exactly is you point? In cases of spousal abuse, there are victims on both sides? Then I invite you to read out what you have posted publicly. Just get it on tape, I'd like to watch it.

The real question here is why he was kept on the job for months with access to classified data after failing his background check.

The real question here is why he was kept on the job for months with access to classified data after failing his background check.

That is exactly the real question.

But it is much easier to disparage the female victims of domestic abuse than to acknowledge yet another gross failing on the part of the domestic abuser in chief

When you see statements like

To start, nobody votes because gender, unless the woman is uuuuuuugly like Mrs. Clinton and good looking as Mr. Trump. In this case it was obvious, the ones who voted for Mrs. Clinton were blind.....
and
(I will scare a lot in having as president an old woman in her menopause, God saves us of such event, this country is to powerful for having that disgrace... lol)
and

If you don't like what you see, then pull the pages with the pictures of those white men and set fire and burn them... still you know I'm right in this, if we were to be under black men at the beginning of the independence of this country, until today we should be fighting state against state, city against city, neighborhood against neighborhood, and women should be victims of more abuses than ever.
and

Rather than attacking the white race, just accept that without their ruling the history of the world should be a complete disaster. You can claim that countries lead by white men subjected other countries, and the answer is yes, they did, but at the end of the day, progress reached to everybody.

you know rational discourse is not possible.

Back
Top Bottom