• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Rosalyn Carter died

BH

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Muslim
The newswires are reporting that Rosalyn Carter has died. She was first lady of the United States from 1977 to 1981 and was married to President Jimmy Carter. She was also first lady of Georgia while her husband was governor of that state. Mrs. Carter had been in poor health for some time and suffered from dementia her final years.

Most people - after reaching such a level of success as being First Lady - would be content to retire to a life of ease and the occasional speaking engagement. Mrs. Carter continued to be of service for the next 50 years. That's a helluva thing.

She was an admirable person. So much caring and willingness to put in work to help.

I always figured Jimmy would go first.
She is an angel. Jimmy will go soon...What a great couple...

MWZDUSV4ZZGXFEMD5P5DEHUSOM.jpg

The stats on a 77-year-old marriage are dramatic. Couples who see their 70th anniversary make up 1/1000 of all U.S. marriages. According to the same source, 75th anniversaries are so rare there aren't any figures for it. (However, today on MSNBC, one of the commentators said there were fewer than 100 couples in the country who had equalled the Carters' total.) Another figure the feature writers used today was that the Carter marriage was longer than the life span of most Presidents.

Former first lady Rosalynn Carter enters hospice care - 3:16 p.m. ET Nov. 17, 2023
Former first lady Rosalynn Carter, 96, entered hospice care Friday after it was revealed she was diagnosed with dementia in May.
Jimmy Carter, 'coming to the end,' receives well wishes from Joe Biden - 1:05 p.m. ET Sept. 14, 2023
“He's been in hospice now for several months, but they are happy,” Jason Carter said. “They are together. They are at home. They're in love, and I don't think anyone gets more than that. I mean, it's a perfect situation for this time in their lives.”
Rosalynn Carter, who transformed role of first lady, dies at 96 - 3:18 p.m. ET Nov. 19, 2023

Rosalynn Carter, wife of Jimmy Carter and former first lady, dies aged 96 | US politics | The Guardian - Sun 19 Nov 2023 18.24 EST - "Carter, who was diagnosed with dementia in May, was fiercely loyal ally throughout husband’s long political career"

However,
Jimmy Carter’s health and home hospice care: The latest - "There are no updates Sunday on the health of former President Jimmy Carter, a home hospice patient, a spokeswoman for the Carter Center told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution in an email."

Jimmy Carter and  Rosalynn Carter

My guess is Jimmy will follow her soon. Reason to live and all that.

Back
Top Bottom