• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

RussiaGate

As recounted in this 2018 New Yorker story, New York Times journalist Eric Lichtblau met with FBI officials in late September 2016 to discuss the researchers’ findings. The bureau asked him to hold the story because publishing might disrupt an ongoing investigation. On Sept. 21, 2016, Lichtblau reportedly shared the DNS data with B.G.R., a Washington lobbying firm that worked with Alfa Bank.

Lichtblau’s reporting on the DNS findings ended up buried in an October 31, 2016 story titled “Investigating Donald Trump, F.B.I. Sees No Clear Link to Russia,” which stated that the FBI “ultimately concluded that there could be an innocuous explanation, like marketing email or spam,” that might explain the unusual DNS connections.

But that same day, Slate’s Franklin Foer published a story based on his interactions with the researchers. Foer noted that roughly two days after Lichtblau shared the DNS data with B.G.R., the Trump Organization email server domain vanished from the Internet — its domain effectively decoupled from its Internet address.

Foer wrote that The Times hadn’t yet been in touch with the Trump campaign about the DNS data when the Trump email domain suddenly went offline. Odder still, four days later the Trump Organization created a new host — trump1.contact-client.com — and the very first DNS lookup to that new domain came from servers at Alfa Bank.

The researchers concluded that the new domain enabled communication to the very same server via a different route.
More details in the link.

ZiprHead, what's your point?
FBI said "It's total BS"
paid (by clinton) "researches" went to make more BS.

I can not believe how computer retarded you people are.

So I repeat my question. Why utterly corrupt FBI and other deep state organizations are not pursuing it, considering that they currently have 20 million charges against Trump trying to prevent him to run for POTUS?

but do you know how I know it is a fact? Because if it wasn't a fact, but rather a silly internet rumor or some easily dismissed fabrication then Alfa-Bank wouldn't fucking care. I don't get upset when someone photoshops a picture of my face onto the body of a donkey. Maybe it's because I know that I don't really look like that. So why the hell is Alfa-Bank and the Russian propaganda machine trying to send some random computer science nerds who noticed some weird internet traffic to the gulag for the rest of their lives?

And even if this were a hoax it has got to be one of the most pathetic hoaxes of all time. The connection logs in question don't reveal ANY illegal activity. They don't really reveal anything at all. What is there to believe that you think I would believe?
Yeah, the connection attempts by themselves mean absolutely nothing. There are so many trivial mistakes that could cause them that they're totally irrelevant. How Alfa-Bank reacted, though, means something.

but do you know how I know it is a fact? Because if it wasn't a fact, but rather a silly internet rumor or some easily dismissed fabrication then Alfa-Bank wouldn't fucking care. I don't get upset when someone photoshops a picture of my face onto the body of a donkey. Maybe it's because I know that I don't really look like that. So why the hell is Alfa-Bank and the Russian propaganda machine trying to send some random computer science nerds who noticed some weird internet traffic to the gulag for the rest of their lives?

And even if this were a hoax it has got to be one of the most pathetic hoaxes of all time. The connection logs in question don't reveal ANY illegal activity. They don't really reveal anything at all. What is there to believe that you think I would believe?
Yeah, the connection attempts by themselves mean absolutely nothing. There are so many trivial mistakes that could cause them that they're totally irrelevant. How Alfa-Bank reacted, though, means something.
Interesting, you choose to react to a post which was thoroughly debunked and ignore the one in which I asked about FBI reaction.
Also, I was under impression that you were not totally IT illiterate, I was wrong.

And also, what exactly is wrong with Alfa Bank reaction?
They were accused in having secret channel with Trump. They initially believed, did their own investigation and now pressing charges against "researchers". This is more less what I suggested at the time. I am a little disappointed in the speed and lack of ferocity on their part, but that's just how business people are when it comes to dealing with courts.

Interesting, you choose to react to a post which was thoroughly debunked and ignore the one in which I asked about FBI reaction.
Also, I was under impression that you were not totally IT illiterate, I was wrong.
What was debunked? You made a bald assertion (again) and didn't back it up with any evidence(again). Regarding your claim that the DNS data was private, maybe you are assuming that alfa-bank was using some private DNS server. Or that if they were using a private server that it wasn't set up to make a recursive DNS search where their DNS server queries other DNS servers to hunt down an IP. Either way, just saying that we have to ask Alfa-bank to verify things is wrong because there are plenty of places for the data trail to be picked up into the public record.

Regarding your false assertion that the FBI didn't investigate anything, you just replied directly to Zipperhead referring to the FBI investigating this stuff.

Your post debunks nothing.
And also, what exactly is wrong with Alfa Bank reaction?
They were accused in having secret channel with Trump. They initially believed, did their own investigation and now pressing charges against "researchers". This is more less what I suggested at the time. I am a little disappointed in the speed and lack of ferocity on their part, but that's just how business people are when it comes to dealing with courts.
It is kind of an obscene over-reaction to hire big dollar law firms in multiple US states to spend millions of dollars to investigate (and maybe prosecute) ... what? Nobody actually said that Alfa-bank did anything wrong, so there is no standing for slander or libel. The FBI investigated (contrary to your claim) and the data wasn't collected illegally. Alfa-Bank has been investigating for YEARS now and they don't claim the data was gathered illegally. So why are they still paying these expensive lawyers to go after these little fish who didn't even say anything bad about them? Are all Russians just psycho like this? Maybe, but I don't think so. I think the passion they have that is driving their irrational spending and blood lust is that they are trying to cover up something. It could be something related to Trump, or it could be something completely different, but as it is, the math just doesn't add up.

It is kind of an obscene over-reaction to hire big dollar law firms in multiple US states to spend millions of dollars to investigate (and maybe prosecute) ... what?
Says who?

I say they are way too soft. I would be kidnapping (Assange style) people responsible all over the world and dragging them to Moscow.
I am not joking. Do you know what else I would do? do you?
I would go and find out the authors of that year 2000 commercial about repatriating russian jews to Israel.
I know you're probably thinking what the hell is he talking about?
But that's what I would do. I would implement zero tolerance policy toward misinformation about Russia.
You can lie about your political opponents, that's fine, but not about Russia.
I don't care if you have freedom of the press. If you lie about Russia you get dragged into court and potentially to prison.
And that stupid low budget commercial was pure lie.
Now, Russia did pass a law about that about a year ago and all western media left Russia. All of them.
That's not good enough for me. They need to start prosecuting media in US and Europe.
We have decades of Western Media flat out lying about Russia. And we have а threat of WW3 because of it.
I need a full and open UN investigation about how we got where we are now. And I need a lot of people going to UN prison for a very long time.
We are all going to die because of your stupid talking heads and greedy politicians with their parking spots and pensions and board of directors at LM. I am pissed off at Lavrov because he is not talking about that.

Overreaction my ass!

Last edited:
It is kind of an obscene over-reaction to hire big dollar law firms in multiple US states to spend millions of dollars to investigate (and maybe prosecute) ... what?
Says who?

I say they are way too soft. I would be kidnapping (Assange style) people responsible all over the world and dragging them to Moscow.
I am not joking. Do you know what else I would do? do you?
I would go and find out the authors of that year 2000 commercial about repatriating russian jews to Israel.
I know you're probably thinking what the hell is he talking about?
But that's what I would do. I would implement zero tolerance policy toward misinformation about Russia.
You can lie about your political opponents, that's fine, but not about Russia.
I don't care if you have freedom of the press. If you lie about Russia you get dragged into court and potentially to prison.
And that stupid low budget commercial was pure lie.
Now, Russia did pass a law about that about a year ago and all western media left Russia. All of them.
That's not good enough for me. They need to start prosecuting media in US and Europe.
We have decades of Western Media flat out lying about Russia. And we have а threat of WW3 because of it.
I need a full and open UN investigation about how we got where we are now. And I need a lot of people going to UN prison for a very long time.
We are all going to die because of your stupid talking heads and greedy politicians with their parking spots and pensions and board of directors at LM. I am pissed off at Lavrov because he is not talking about that.

Overreaction my ass!
Have mercy for the US. We do not yet have the pure heart, openness, freedom and accuracy that is regularly exhibited in the Russian media. You should pity the western hooligan's who lack the unbiased information that you are regularly exposed to.

Have mercy for the US. We do not yet have the pure heart, openness, freedom and accuracy that is regularly exhibited in the Russian media. You should pity the western hooligan's who lack the unbiased information that you are regularly exposed to.
Don't care. Lavrov should start talking about AlfaBank in UN.
I am not joking. I truly believe that would be the first step at stopping War in Ukraine.
Lavrov did call the West an Empire of Lies. AlfaBank is the best damn evidence of that.

Don't care. Lavrov should start talking about AlfaBank in UN.
I am not joking. I truly believe that would be the first step at stopping War in Ukraine.
No Russian representative should be allowed to speak at the UN until Russia's agrees to follow the UN charter that no country should invade another.

No Russian representative should be allowed to speak at the UN until Russia's agrees to follow the UN charter that no country should invade another.
LOL, that's ironic, coming from US.
Sorry to disappoint you. But Lavrov is allowed to speak at UN.
Last time I checked he was a chair at UN security council. He had a great speech, lots of counties cheered him up.

It's really a problem with russian character. We always pospone reaction to the last possible moment hoping the problem will resolve itself somehow. That should change to zero tolerance and immediate and relentless reaction. Russia should learn from Israel.

It's really a problem with russian character. We always pospone reaction to the last possible moment hoping the problem will resolve itself somehow. That should change to zero tolerance and immediate and relentless reaction. Russia should learn from Israel.
I agree with you that unless the west stops the Russian imperialism in Ukraine; that Russia will invade more countries.

What was debunked? You made a bald assertion (again) and didn't back it up with any evidence(again). Regarding your claim that the DNS data was private, maybe you are assuming that alfa-bank was using some private DNS server. Or that if they were using a private server that it wasn't set up to make a recursive DNS search where their DNS server queries other DNS servers to hunt down an IP. Either way, just saying that we have to ask Alfa-bank to verify things is wrong because there are plenty of places for the data trail to be picked up into the public record.
[removed]
DNS logs are always private to DNS server owners. The fact that DNS servers talk to each other is irrelevant because data is cached and that hides number of times request was actually made. In our case scumbag "researchers" have data from the actual DNS server which was used by Alfa Bank computers. Who owned that server is irrelevant, data is private and clintonites paid money to buy it.
DNS logs are really worthless, they prove nothing and I know you know that because you've been busted.
You know how DNS works, you know how html works and you know how email spamming works.
You've been busted :)

Moreover, these assholes did not need to buy that data. All that data is available directly from US ISPs, and it is of higher quality, and NSA monitors all that traffic 24/7.
NSA did not find that suspicious because it was not, clintonites knew that too, that's why they did not go to the FBI with their "findings". They simply threw that shit on the wall hoping enough of it would stick to help Clinton win (or rather get paid for this dirty work). Rachel Maddow knew that too. Yes, she knew she was lying, because she is not that dumb not to ask someone who knows :)

US is Empire of Lies.

Last edited by a moderator:
US is Empire of Lies.
Almost. But the Pootey-appointed liar in chief was found out. Now he’s another washed up Pootey-sucker, and America is recovering from the toxic influence of his corruption. It’s going to take a LOT more lying to prop up your enfeebled psychopath.

Back
Top Bottom