• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Russian Invasion of Ukraine - tactics and logistics

Another misfortune, russian calibers missiles hit ukrainian command post...... during busy office hours brain storming - 50 high ranking officers including generals dead.
Russian news wrote it a little bit ambiguous :), it could be understood as if 50 generals were killed. I suppose russian generals looked at apparent score and decided we need to even it and so they did.
Ukraine isn't stupid enough to have 50 generals in one place if it even has 50 generals.

Thus this is Russian propaganda.
Ukraine says there were only two injured in that strike. The truth maybe somewhere in between, but most likely closer to the Ukrainian story.

In any case, if Ukraine did have 50 generals dumb enough to meet in a single place, their army's average IQ probably went way up if they did end up killed.

In other barbos news exclusives:

Russia takes over 1,000,000 square km of Ukraine. Polish Russia is next, then the Russian States of Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Moldova and everyone else.
Resistance is futile!

:hysterical:

Another misfortune, russian calibers missiles hit ukrainian command post...... during busy office hours brain storming - 50 high ranking officers including generals dead.
Russian news wrote it a little bit ambiguous :), it could be understood as if 50 generals were killed. I suppose russian generals looked at apparent score and decided we need to even it and so they did.
Ukraine isn't stupid enough to have 50 generals in one place if it even has 50 generals.

Ukraine says there were only two injured in that strike. The truth maybe somewhere in between, but most likely closer to the Ukrainian story.

In any case, if Ukraine did have 50 generals dumb enough to meet in a single place, their army's average IQ probably went way up if they did end up killed.

50 generals all meet in a remote command post on the front lines to plot war strategy. That makes so much sense. :stupid:

Last edited:
50 generals all meet in a remote command post on the front lines to plot war strategy. That makes so much sense. :stupid:
I suspect barbos' logic is, "Hey Russia does stupid shit like this, therefore everybody else does as well!". I mean, how many Russian generals have been killed/wounded in Ukraine (two both had the same name Gerasimov I believe). It's far more preferable to convince oneself that both side are shit rather than, "hey we done fucked up". Let's be honest if you just take Russia's word on it's reported casualties (and if you do I have some NFTs to sell you) at least one in five casualties is a commissioned officer. That's a lot of leadership thrown away.

I suspect barbos' logic is, "Hey Russia does stupid shit like this, therefore everybody else does as well!". I mean, how many Russian generals have been killed/wounded in Ukraine (two both had the same name Gerasimov I believe). It's far more preferable to convince oneself that both side are shit rather than, "hey we done fucked up". Let's be honest if you just take Russia's word on it's reported casualties (and if you do I have some NFTs to sell you) at least one in five casualties is a commissioned officer. That's a lot of leadership thrown away.
By the time this war is over, Russia will have killed every living person in Ukraine many times over.

Didn't they say they had completely destroyed Ukraine air force sometime in early March or so? Yet Ukraine air force still somehow keeps attacking them. Must be... ghosts!

By the time this war is over, Russia will have killed every living person in Ukraine many times over.

Didn't they say they had completely destroyed Ukraine air force sometime in early March or so? Yet Ukraine air force still somehow keeps attacking them. Must be... ghosts!

And that reminds me very vividly of the enemy casualty estimates we used to get on the news during the Vietnam War. The DoD would release impossibly high estimates, whereas our own casualty rates were not nearly as bad, but the idea was to convince the public that we were winning the war. Russians are now getting a very high dose of news about how they are really winning. There is less of that on the Ukrainian side, but the same kind of misleading statistics are released.

The missile attack on the command post in Shirokaya Dacha in the Dnepropetrovsk region is being reported mainly by Russian and Russia-friendly news sources, and it is extremely unlikely that Russia knows how many people, if any, were killed in that strike on a command post or who they might have been. Western news sources have yet to pick up the story, because there is no confirmation from a reliable source. Apparently, "50" was an estimated number of officers, which may have included some generals. Here is a report made by Iran's Tasnim news agency:
Ok, that makes a lot more sense. It's still unlikely in my book but not in the realm of not passing the laugh test.

Ukrainians just can't stop retaking Snake Island. In their latest attempt everything they tried to launch was intercepted and destroyed. A dozen and a half UAVs - all destroyed, unguided artillery rockets - none reached their target, S300 in Odessa - destroyed. Couple of bayraktars - destroyed on land.
Complete and utter failure. So they cancelled invasion and used single UAV to hit unprotected oil rig in Black Sea.
Imagine that, they hit russian oil rig while they have russian gas pipeline going trough Ukraine :) Why bother? just shut down the gas pipeline, you don't even need to bomb it, just turn off the switch.
UAVs are pretty useless against hard targets, and expensive attack UAVs are especially useless.

Also, have been watching chat roulette and became more and more convinced that so called Ukraine should not exist as a country. 30 years of brainwashing these people experienced is too much and must stop now.

Ukrainians just can't stop retaking Snake Island. In their latest attempt everything they tried to launch was intercepted and destroyed. A dozen and a half UAVs - all destroyed, unguided artillery rockets - none reached their target, S300 in Odessa - destroyed. Couple of bayraktars - destroyed on land.
Complete and utter failure. So they cancelled invasion and used single UAV to hit unprotected oil rig in Black Sea.
Imagine that. they hit russian oil rig while they have russian gas pipeline going trough Ukraine :) Why bother? just shut down the gas pipeline, you don't even need to bomb it, just turn off the switch.

ZiprHead, nope. None of it is even remotely true.

Snake Island, also known as Zmiinyi Island, was the site where Ukrainians soldiers refused to surrender to a Russian warship in the early days of the war
This is also a lie. They surrendered.

You know, in a perverse way I kinda miss half life. The conversation he could have with barbos about youtube comments and chat roulette would truly be one for the ages.

According to Russia of course. :rolleyes:

Satellite images show damage on the island. Not sure if just burned grass by Russian missile launches, or if something was hit. Apparently some tower was knocked out, so something may have hit the Island, but right now it seems neither side was 100% successful. If Ukraine is really trying to send troops to the Island, they're idiots, because there is no way they could protect them there... so probably the Russian tales about landing attempts are embellishments.

Maxar images:

I think the rig was hit as retaliation for Russia destroying multiple oil refineries in Ukraine a few days prior. And the rig was stolen from Ukraine in 2014 anyway, so actually, Ukraine is just hitting its own oil rig there and there's no reason for Russia to be mad about it.

Also, have been watching chat roulette and became more and more convinced that so called Ukraine should not exist as a country. 30 years of brainwashing these people experienced is too much and must stop now.
So when are you going to enlist? I hear the Russian army has relaxed its criteria [removed], so you'll fit right in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine that, they hit russian oil rig while they have russian gas pipeline going trough Ukraine :) Why bother? just shut down the gas pipeline, you don't even need to bomb it, just turn off the switch.
UAVs are pretty useless against hard targets, and expensive attack UAVs are especially useless.

Really now? There's no way Ukraine could hold an island, they're not going to be trying to take it. At most they're trying to hit Russian stuff on the island.

Ha. That's some great comedy for the morning! Your boys already tried to take Kyiv. Got your asses handed to you. I think that the ultimate downfall for Russia will be that your side wants war against everyone. One of the Russian crazies was threatening England, saying that they would be the first to be hit when WW3 starts. Hate to tell you this, but the Brits stood up to Hitler; and they'll stand against Putler. Russians hate everyone: England, the US, Baltics, Finland, Poland, and etc. Russians are even starting to threaten Germany and Turkey.

Britain is also a nuclear power. Vodka soaked threats from a stupid Russian media clown don't matter. Russia's military knows the UK can retaliate if stupidly attacked. The RAF's bombing campaign against Germany in WW2 demonstrates the Brits can be utterly ruthless.

Russians hate everyone: England, the US, Baltics, Finland, Poland, and etc. Russians are even starting to threaten Germany and Turkey.

Yup. The Putler regime has rendered Russia detrimental to the rest of the world. Their status has been reduced to that of a rogue State, like North Korea; standing behind the threat of nuclear Armageddon to keep rightful consequences at bay.
Unfortunately, at least some of their hapless citizens have bought into the collective paranoia promoted by their propaganda, and now believe everyone is out to get them for no good reason. They will be the ones who suffer most as this sorts itself out.
It’s sad, but probably not as sad as what has happened in the US as a result of our tolerating their interference in our elections.

Russians hate everyone: England, the US, Baltics, Finland, Poland, and etc. Russians are even starting to threaten Germany and Turkey.

Yup. The Putler regime has rendered Russia detrimental to the rest of the world. Their status has been reduced to that of a rogue State, like North Korea; standing behind the threat of nuclear Armageddon to keep rightful consequences at bay.
Unfortunately, at least some of their hapless citizens have bought into the collective paranoia promoted by their propaganda, and now believe everyone is out to get them for no good reason. They will be the ones who suffer most as this sorts itself out.
It’s sad, but probably not as sad as what has happened in the US as a result of our tolerating their interference in our elections.
"Collective paranoia promoted by their propaganda" is a great line! The sad thing is that the Russian people are no different from any other people on the planet. But it's very similar to how the US would like if the Qtrumpsters had taken over the US.

Back
Top Bottom