• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Russian scientists created cure for cancer (all types/kinds of it)

barbos

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
Russian scientists created cure for cancer (all types/kinds of it).
Works on mice 100%

Yeah, and next you're going to tell me Russia solved world peace and world hunger.

Reactions: SLD
It seems the science forum has taken a turn to political derails.

Russia has a history of quasi-pseudo science.

Watched a bio on this guy. A crackpot at the top of Soviet science.

Trofim Denisovich Lysenko (Russian: Трофи́м Дени́сович Лысе́нко; Ukrainian: Трохи́м Дени́сович Лисе́нко, romanized: Trokhym Denysovych Lysenko, IPA: [troˈxɪm deˈnɪsowɪtʃ lɪˈsɛnko]; 29 September [O.S. 17 September] 1898 – 20 November 1976) was a Soviet agronomist and pseudoscientist.[1][2] He was a strong proponent of Lamarckism, and rejected Mendelian genetics in favour of his own idiosyncratic, pseudoscientific ideas later termed Lysenkoism.[3][4][5][6]

In 1940, Lysenko became director of the Institute of Genetics of the Soviet Academy of Sciences, and he used his political influence and power to suppress dissenting opinions and discredit, marginalize, and imprison his critics, elevating his anti-Mendelian theories to state-sanctioned doctrine.[7][8]

Soviet scientists who refused to renounce genetics were dismissed from their posts and left destitute. Hundreds if not thousands of others were imprisoned. Several were sentenced to death as enemies of the state, including the botanist Nikolai Vavilov.[9] Lysenko's ideas and practices contributed to the famines that killed millions of Soviet people;[9] the adoption of his methods from 1958 in the People's Republic of China had similarly calamitous results, culminating in the Great Chinese Famine of 1959 to 1962.[9]

Over a decade ago, don't remember exactly when, scientists had a great cancer cure that worked in mice. I learned about this when I worked in biotech from a PhD colleague who was following the studies. He said next the scientists tried it in humans and it just didn't work. If you think about it, all the cancer cure candidates are tried in animal testing first and do very well. Then, with humans maybe not so much.

One can only hope it is true. Of course, it will take some time to see if their results are reproducible. And then more time to see if it is effective for people. But, if it is true, then there is at least one item of positive news coming from the shithole called Russia.

I think politically Russian leadership is desperate to create positive images of Russia both abroad and for home consumption.

Yeah, and next you're going to tell me Russia solved world peace and world hunger.

World hunger has been solved already.
World peace - soon.
In any case, seems real deal.
One can only hope it is true. Of course, it will take some time to see if their results are reproducible. And then more time to see if it is effective for people. But, if it is true, then there is at least one item of positive news coming from the shithole called Russia.
I'm highly skeptical, but apparently that's because I've been "brainwashed by Western propaganda" and not having basic skepticism about stuff.

Russian scientists created cure for cancer (all types/kinds of it).
Works on mice 100%
Unfortunately I am not even a tiny bit fluent in Russian. Do you by any chance have any reference to a translation in English or perhaps French?

Unfortunately I am not even a tiny bit fluent in Russian
You are not fluent in google translate either, apparently.
With recent advances in biology, DNA and RNA sequencing etc, lots of companies are working on cancer vaccines and other cures. So nothing really new here. Already vaccines are available that prevent cervical cancer,
Cervical cancer vaccine is really a vaccine against virus which is the main cause of that kind of cancer. And it's preventive.
Russian cure is therapeutic and works against all cancers.
Something that works on all forms of cancer? That doesn't pass the laugh test.
Laugh without reason is a sign of stupidity (russian proverb for you)
If you had read the news article you would have understood why and how it should work against all cancers.
Over a decade ago, don't remember exactly when, scientists had a great cancer cure that worked in mice. I learned about this when I worked in biotech from a PhD colleague who was following the studies. He said next the scientists tried it in humans and it just didn't work. If you think about it, all the cancer cure candidates are tried in animal testing first and do very well. Then, with humans maybe not so much.
US researchers are under constant pressure for funding and publications and are forced to bullshit.
in other words "Fake it till you make it".

As I understand it a universal treatment for cancers is the Holy Grail for researchers.

There has been reporting of progress here and elsewhere, but no breakthroughs.

There are periodic news reporsS of medical research as if something profound has happens, but if you listen it is usually a small study that shows potential.

Back
Top Bottom