• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Russian scientists created cure for cancer (all types/kinds of it)

As I understand it a universal treatment for cancers is the Holy Grail for researchers.
And even less attainable. Cancer is simply too varied.
It would not be one single vaccine or drug. The technique would tailor a specific genetic match to a particular cancer, as I understand it. No different in principle with different vaccines for COVID variations.

We have gene therapy and RNA based COVID vaccines.
I see what they're saying. I'm saying that just because it's cancer doesn't mean it has a different antigen profile that can be attacked.

I have absolutely no doubts this story is bullshit. There is far from any one cause of of cancers. Cancers are numerous different diseases.

Russia was never been able to make a decent car or commercial jet. Don;t think I would rely on any Russian drug or vaccine, at least not until it was tested and manufactured outside Russia.

How did the efficacy of Russian and Chinese COVID vaccines compare to European and North American vaccines? Oh wait, China and Russia never released independent data analysis and tests, go figure.
The Chinese vaccine was simple enough--just an inactivated virus vaccine. Take the pathogen, kill it, inject it. Unfortunately, this confers protection similar to prior infection--and we saw how badly that's worked with Covid. The mRNA vaccines were an attempt to circumvent this by focusing the reaction on more stable parts of the virus--as we saw, it worked better but not nearly well enough.

The Chinese vaccine played out as expected--worked at first, but much less protection from the variants.

I have absolutely no doubts this story is bullshit. There is far from any one cause of of cancers. Cancers are numerous different diseases.
Doesn't have to be one cause to have one cure. If this technique works it will be applicable to many cancers. But not all. Think of antibiotics--one drug will work against a whole bunch of pathogens, but none work against all of them.

You don’t understand. In Russia they have cold fusion, teleportation, psychic telepathy, remote viewing, telekenesis, all heterosexual. Now you add no cancer and invulnerable resurrectable soldiers.

take it as a given all governments are corrupt shading truth and using propaganda.

That being said there is no meningfull boundary between govt, science, and the economy in China and Russia. There is no independence and transparency as we have in the west.

Puyin in Russia and the CCP in China have near absolute power.

Our FDA and its counterparts in the west gave a high degree of autonomy. An exception over here is the conservative congressional attack on the CDC et all saying Fauci conspired with China and funded research that led to COVID.

No system is perfect.

What is the definition of 'cancer'?
As I understand it, 'cell growth out of control'. That simple. Caused by anything.
Sometimes chemicals, radiation, sunlight, whatever. Not virus (or maybe sometimes it is, IDK)
If they claim to cure all cancers, that is a red flag of BS.

As I understand it, 'cell growth out of control'. That simple. Caused by anything.
Sometimes chemicals, radiation, sunlight, whatever. Not virus (or maybe sometimes it is, IDK)

From a medical dictionary
A term for diseases in which abnormal cells divide without control and can invade nearby tissues.

It is worth noting that Russia/USSR agriculture never recovered from Lysenko and the whole state control apparatus that entailed. Their solution of the last 15 years or so has been massive disinformation campaigns again US biotechnology. Of course they got fuckers like Alex Jones and RFK Jr to help them and now they’ve got most of the GOP on their side with respect to science and medicine in general.

IIRC 5% of cancer has been traced to viruses. Personally, I think this is just the tip of the iceberg--it's all reasonably recent discoveries and I see no reason to think they've found anything like all of them.

So far in testing a home-sample HPV test is more predictive of cervical cancer than a pap smear. And the same pair of viruses have been implicated in other cancers, also.

Particle radiation can break bonds, high enough EM wavelengths can also.

I look at it software getting corrupted or a precession getting damged.

High-energy radiation, such as x-rays, gamma rays, alpha particles, beta particles, and neutrons, can damage DNA and cause cancer. These forms of radiation can be released in accidents at nuclear power plants and when atomic weapons are made, tested, or used.Mar 7, 2019

Definition. 00:00. A mutagen is a chemical or physical agent capable of inducing changes in DNA called mutations. Examples of mutagens include tobacco products, radioactive substances, x-rays, ultraviolet radiation and a wide variety of chemicals.4 days ago

Poisons in tobacco smoke can damage or change a cell's DNA. DNA is the cell's “instruction manual” that controls a cell's normal growth and function. When DNA is damaged, a cell can begin growing out of control and create a cancer tumor.

It is considered to be considerate to post links in the language common to the majority of the posters.
Tell that to your ukro-allies :D
That said, I’m well aware of the deficits of google translate, particularly with scientific papers,
That was not a scientific paper, it was an interview. Google translate did a good job translating it.

- as far as I know, not all mutations can be detected through the membrane,
Frankly I was surprised that that works at all, because if it was so, immune system would have dealt with that on its own, maybe it does normally. But in certain cases response it is too weak and we have cancer as a result. I suspect that majority if not all cancers have at least some visible changes on membranes (article actually says that) and it's really a question of immune system priming. Having said that, membrane proteins is not the only thing for the attack. You can deliver individually designed DNA which may interact with gene expression inside of the cell causing cancerous cell either develop something on its membrane or suppress genes which cause cancer.

Last edited:
The Russian space program survives survived the 90s only because we contract out some of our needs to them. I doubt their cancer team is doing any better.
Fixed for you.
US as country still exists only because you prevented all russian rocket scientists moving to ..... Iran.
US never does anything which they don't consider advantageous to the US.

Last edited:
Russia had its Nazi rocket scientists and we had ours, most noted Von Braun.
Most of the nazi scientists escaped to the west for obvious reasons. Russia mostly had hardware.
How did the efficacy of Russian and Chinese COVID vaccines compare to European and North American vaccines? Oh wait, China and Russia never released independent data analysis and tests, go figure
Russia did release it and it was independently verified.
Russia was never been able to make a decent car or commercial jet.
Tu-154 was a decent jet, comparable to what you had at that time.
MC-21 is on par with current variants of B-737, except it does not crash and doors don't fall off in flight.
Chinese COMAC is way less advanced and has most of its parts made in the West.

Don;t think I would rely on any Russian drug or vaccine, at least not until it was tested and manufactured outside Russia.
It was tested outside of Russia and it WAS manufactured outside Russia.

It is considered to be considerate to post links in the language common to the majority of the posters.
Tell that to your ukro-allies :D
That said, I’m well aware of the deficits of google translate, particularly with scientific papers,
That was not a scientific paper, it was an interview. Google translate did a good job translating it.

- as far as I know, not all mutations can be detected through the membrane,
Frankly I was surprised that that works at all, because if it was so, immune system would have dealt with that on its own, maybe it does normally. But in certain cases response it is too weak and we have cancer as a result. I suspect that majority if not all cancers have at least some visible changes on membranes (article actually says that) and it's really a question of immune system priming. Having said that, membrane proteins is not the only thing for the attack. You can deliver individually designed DNA which may interact with gene expression inside of the cell causing cancerous cell either develop something on its membrane or suppress genes which cause cancer.
You are correct that our immune system is able to eliminate cells and viruses and bacteria it recognizes as foreign. However not all cells that have become cancerous are detected as foreign in part, because the changes are initially not foreign enough to trigger an immune response, allowing the cells to further grow and mutate. Not all bacteria or viruses are detected and destroyed, either. And at the same time, our body sometimes detects normal cells which are indugenous to our bodies as foreign which is why we have auto immune diseases and also allergies.

Um … Lysenko?
Um .... slavery?
Um … serfdom?

Granted. to its credit, Russia ended serfdom peacefully in the 19th century, whereas the U.S. endured a massive civil war to end it, and the original aim of the war was not to end slavery at all but preserve the union. I am not a U.S. apologist, unlike your lapdog behavior toward Adolf Putin. All that said, however, your answer was a total non sequitur. We were talking about science, not slavery or serfdom. Lysenko is a prime example of the deeply harmful corruption of your country that exists even after the Soviet Union.

Also, of course … uh, gulags? And many other execrable things besides.

Back
Top Bottom